Close
One second...

Epipen-Bee

• by Spectyr
  • posted Oct 02, 2012
  • 26 Comments

Watch this
Spectyr

Made using Twisted Brush. The actual design just kind of popped into my head while talking to a friend about her newly discovered Bee allergy.

ViceroyMikey

Hey man, this shit is dope. Keep it up.

Spectyr

thanks!

poylie

this is cool, maybe but some a little background or a little tweaking with the border, or other shirt colors

hope you have time to check my design radioactive

Spectyr

thats for the feedback and ill check yurs out

Spectyr

thanks! ill score your stuff

Spectyr

What would you guys think of silhouettes of more bees in the background. Various sizes to give the impression of some being closer and others farther away? the general idea being a whole swarm of these nasty things

goofrey

maybe try a pink shirt with swollen bumps everywhere? emphasize the need for the injection.

Spectyr

Centered on the chest of a shirt. I added more bees so now its a swarm.

ViceroyMikey

I like that you added the black silhouettes of the bee in the background; it filled some of that negative space and makes the design a bit more cohesive! Good job man, and keep drawing!

Spectyr

thanks man

Maarika

Maybe just one silhouette would be better, right now it looks like you just copy-pasted them and that's a bit boring. You could try some variations in the silhouette designs if you want to use so many of them. Also try other colours aside from black for the silhouette, it might work better with something like dark blue maybe. Just some tips, good luck.

Spectyr

good point. i might go back and make each one in the background a lil different from each other

Mister_Mister

I think that's a very good idea! I would also maybe add a little more texture to the wings, so that you don't have just the one gray line in the middle more like this

If you have time, please comment on Jimi Handrix

unknownspeciesx

I like the idea a lot. But it needs more meaning for me to want to buy it.

I would add a hive or show where all the bees are going- something on the left must be interesting because they are all going there but I don't know what it is...

Also, Doctors are considering using honey bee venom as an anesthetic- http://www.latimes.com/news/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-honeybee-bite-20121030,0,539314.story?track=rss ~This could be another interesting direction to take this shirt idea.

I got a design approved for scoring on the new site- what do you think? http://beta.threadless.com/threadless/verdict-of-you-fingerprint/

Spectyr

Made each of the lil bees unique and changed the style of the wings.

Stila

I like the idea! The lines look a bit harsh to me, maybe try rounding them a little? Especially the outlines of the black bees... overall great work, good luck with this design.

Spectyr

yeah i was thinking of putting it through inkscape for a smooth vector art look

Nightwatcher

Great idea. My suggestion is a background with more contrast like red maybe.

I'd appreciate your vote on my design : Anatomusic

unknownspeciesx

I got to say I think the curly-ques on the wing really detract from the design- those lines should be straight...

Spectyr

go and google "bee wings". there are all sorts of shapes

No account?