Close
One second...

BRC CARD DECK V.03

Check it out guys, it's all done. Our 3rd card deck available for sale in the next day or two.

Here's what the sale blurb will say about the deck:

"I hear you asking, "What is this I see before me? Playing cards, or 54 little pieces of art?"

I know, I know..this is the same opening line as the first two (and award winning) BRC card decks. But this deck is completely different to it's first two predecessors.

The Black Rock Collective hurried to get this deck out as the end of the world was, according to it's sources, the year 2012, right??

This beautiful deck, with artworks of mass destruction lovingly created by 30 artists of the BRC, pays homage to all those various myths, legends and conspiracy theories about how our little blue planet might meet its demise. Each artists, some more than once, has interpreted the end of the world differently. There's horsemen, meteors, floods, pandemics, and more than one skull in this deck.

As always, the styles are as varied as the BRC's nationalities. What IS different about this deck (masterfully named 'Version 3') is that every BRC artists started with a completely black background, with the black suits reversed out in white.

We hope you enjoy our 3rd deck, and if you don't have the first two decks, go buy them NOW and make your set complete."

Watch this
Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

WIckedly cool..honoured to be part of it. Some really great stuff, and the black canvas is very very cool.

tragos

nice!

is the card quality similar to past versions?

Mr Rocks

exactly the same.

applesforjonah

These look awesome. I've been meaning to buy the other two decks. Any chance that there will be a deal to buy all three together?

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

WOW!

taz-pie

WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWWWWW that black is so hott

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

awesome. I can't wait to get one.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Ooo gurl so sex.

Happy to be a part of this one.

cries forever

Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

Nice one, ^5s

arzie13
arzie13 profile pic Alumni

Also can't wait to get one and not play with them because they're too pretty to risk messing up!

Mr Rocks

That's Ross's Ace peeking out of the top photo btw folks...

Mr Rocks

bumping for awareness...

taz-pie

what does a pack cost?

BasicShift
BasicShift profile pic Alumni

This really came out amazing. Cheers to Blair for all his hard work!

I can't wait to grab my pack. We've seen people mount and frame series of cards from the decks in lines similar to the 3rd pic there. I'm getting close to trying that since all 3 decks are so hot.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Yeah I LOVE my sets.
This is how I framed them...

I hung them like this but will be moving them to a new location side by side since I redecorated and there is the possibility of acquiring a 3rd set if I can afford it. :)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

What a great set! The art on all of them is amazing~

Mr Rocks

Whoa... Lori, those look amazing framed!

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

sick!

Legion of Doom
Legion of Doom profile pic Alumni

I agree with Blair, those look really great framed.

Get your decks nowHERE

pyr4lis

Thanks I searched long and hard for a way to frame them inexpensively without damaging the cards.

I'll let you all in on my secret ;)

The frame is from Ikea and if you keep the cardboard inside and lay down a peice of fuzzy felt fabric (the cheap stuff) .. place the cards on the felt and then lay down the plastic front and then the frame. Flip over and secure tight. Some of the cards may shift a teeny bit but overall they're straight enough that I'm happy. And I'm happiest that I didn't have to tape/pin/glue any of the cards.

pyr4lis

Thanks I searched long and hard for a way to frame them inexpensively without damaging the cards.

I'll let you all in on my secret ;)

The frame is from Ikea and if you keep the cardboard inside and lay down a peice of fuzzy felt fabric (the cheap stuff) .. place the cards on the felt and then lay down the plastic front and then the frame. Flip over and secure tight. Some of the cards may shift a teeny bit but overall they're straight enough that I'm happy. And I'm happiest that I didn't have to tape/pin/glue any of the cards.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

very cool lori!

Mr Rocks

These are selling like hotcakes! As are the reprints of decks 1 and 2.

Goldendust

Aww crap there was a reprint of deck 1 as well? It seems to be sold out now :(

The new deck looks awesome by the way!

No account?
Join Us