One second...

Space door thing. Thoughts welcome

Perception

Watch this
EN AJUSTES

Light. Or maybe something in between...

ivanrodero
1 design submitted - Score now!

What if the lines instead of darker that the tee were brighter, not white but a lighter shade of grey...

NCowick

Love this. I like the third option you showed ^

EZFL

i had this idea but never did anything with it. Make it work on a black tee.

EN AJUSTES

Looks good, but Ivan's idea could work too.

quick-brown-fox
5 designs submitted - Score now!

Thanks guys, on black, with Ivan's suggestion too.

EN AJUSTES

I'm digging! Just a tad more light on the linework, I think that should wrap it up.

quick-brown-fox

Thanks Marco. I'll get that worked up when I'm back on a computer that functions properly!

ivanrodero

Oh niiiice, glad you gave it a shot, it looks great!

quick-brown-fox

Also, another I never did anything with. Tinkered with it too

Theo86

I think black looks awesome!! grey looks good to, but overall black looks nicer.

BeanePod

I remember this....really dig that last black version.

goliath72

Love this version

quick-brown-fox said:

Hmm, you could be right.

Nekoashi

I love the black one too. Maybe lighten the lines a tiny bit more just so you can see it from a distance? Awesome design!! :)

EN AJUSTES

Another love vote for the black version here.

evyc

Black with grey lines!

quick-brown-fox

Thanks guys. Made some tweaks and would love to know what you think!

quick-brown-fox

I saved that at work ^ looks so much darker when I view it at home.

quick-brown-fox

Maybe I'm over working this. and should just stick with this

5eth

I actually like the accidental new dark version

EN AJUSTES

I dig those new versions, you know. The last one you posted, the over-worked one, haha. But what happens if you keep what is seen through the door opening as in the previous version?

soloyo-collabs

UMM, I like it but I don't like those brick floating around.

This design makes me wonder, what is inside DR who telephone booth ? Wouldn't it be cool if this what it looked like?

5eth

At work the first new version looked way darker, but now at home it isn't as drastic at all...

All 3 new ones look good now

quick-brown-fox

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the new versions on my work computer when I get there in an hour. Nestor, the room is slowly getting sucked into the vortex of space, the bricks getting sucked out one by one are supposed to represent that!

soloyo-collabs
quick-brown-fox said:

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the new versions on my work computer when I get there in an hour. Nestor, the room is slowly getting sucked into the vortex of space, the bricks getting sucked out one by one are supposed to represent that!

So the bricks (which are heavier than the floor mat) take longer to be suck into space?? Shouldn't one of the door's hinges be loose?

CSchaffer86
quick-brown-fox said:

Maybe I'm over working this. and should just stick with this

I actually like the one on the top.. looks like space is glowing through the door and it gives a nice effect! I dig it.

campkatie
quick-brown-fox said:

Cool! I'd leave the door matt blank. The WELCOME is distracting from the awesomeness and mystery

quick-brown-fox

Done more tweakerage on this version (before I saw the new comments!)

quick-brown-fox

Dude, it's not a physics lesson! I'm just making something that's been in my head for ages! Also, how do you know that's not going to happen a split second after ;)

soloyo said:
quick-brown-fox said:

So the bricks (which are heavier than the floor mat) take longer to be suck into space?? Shouldn't one of the door's hinges be loose?

quick-brown-fox

Cheers Katie, tried your suggestion

campkatie said:
quick-brown-fox said:

Cool! I'd leave the door matt blank. The WELCOME is distracting from the awesomeness and mystery

SteveOramA
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Yeah, the latest version above this comment is the best. I would definitely take out the "WELCOME" on the mat. Our eyes are immediately drawn to text and we attempt to read it. The focus is lost if the text remains visible. That initial reaction should be towards what's inside the door.

And I know that bricks don't glow but if there were some subtle highlights on the bricks or some slight motion blur I think the concept would really be taken to where it needs to be.

Cool idea!

5eth

new version is awesome

CSchaffer86

Maybe just take the mat out all together? Honestly it's so paralleled with the lighting it looks like there is some sort of weird line crossing the light.

SteveOramA
2 designs submitted - Score now!
CSchaffer86 said:

Maybe just take the mat out all together? Honestly it's so paralleled with the lighting it looks like there is some sort of weird line crossing the light.

yeah, true.

quick-brown-fox

Thanks for the suggestions, here's the latest revision

goliath72

I like the changes

quick-brown-fox said:

Done more tweakerage on this version (before I saw the new comments!)

ChrisDB

This version! The versions with the textures on the door and the lighting effects on the door and wall distract from the mystery that lies behind the door. Maybe just a little smaller though.

No account?