Close
One second...

One of those blogs that will probably be deleted.

I'm feeling really lousy.

The last several days have been crappy. Ish. Basically, I thought things were going well with a couple guys I've been talking to...and then all of a sudden one of the guys says he's met someone else, and then the other guy is now saying he's just not ready to do anything.

It feels like no matter what I do, nothing seems to work out for me.

It will be 4 years in October since I've been single.

Like, single as in no "boyfriend" or real relationship of substance.

And it's not fun. A lot of my friends don't understand how I feel because they've constantly had boyfriends or girlfriends.

I will probably delete this blog in the future.

I've been super positive lately about being "single" and really gung-ho about meeting new people and things have been falling into place with getting a job that I enjoy, and i thought I had the guy situation finally down, but I guess not.

I just feel so alone.

Watch this
tragos

:(

hugs

Hang in there. It's ok to feel crappy sometimes but don't let it affect how you feel about you and your life. It's when you're feeling good about yourself and not worrying about meeting people that people are more drawn to you. It'll happen and it'll be great, but try to not to settle for something not-great in the meantime.

Omair

I know how you feel. It's tough being alone for so long. I've never been in anything I've considered to be a serious relationship, and a week or so before my birthday I had one of the biggest meltdowns i've ever had over it. But, i had a few good friends that told me some really important advice. I felt like I'd definitely be alone forever, and someone told me "To say anyone is destined to live alone is like choosing yoru favorite raindrop, or predicting where a leaf will go. it's all up in the air."

So, what I'd say is that it won't always be like this. I'm sure you'll find someone who will make you happy. You're pretty good at staying positive and brushing off the haters, just keep doing that, and eventually you'll find a lover?

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

there's always some good guys out there looking for the same things.

tragos

but jeff's dating them all ;-;

PogoLightning

i really am pretty good about being positive.

but i work really hard at it.

so right now its not happening, positivity, that is..

i think the hardest part for me is that i know that i can't rush things, and that when i least expect it i'll find someone, well i thought that happened and now its not happening.

people always keep telling me those things. i sometimes want to punch them in the face :P

thanks guys.

and jeff, where can i find those guys?!

Steve The Great

It's tough, bro. You should drink beer and watch action movies.

tragos

I generally do a pretty good job of not getting down about it. There are lots of good things about being single, like doing whatever you want all the time...

PogoLightning

But what I want is to have someone to hang out with, and go on dates with, and all the other fun things relationships bring.

Being single has been great...I'm just ready for something else.

mope mope mope.

tragos

but you can hang out with yourself and go to a fancy dinner and bring yourself flowers and and and

jillustration
jillustration profile pic Alumni

you're twenty friggin three years old. travel and enjoy life!

jillustration
jillustration profile pic Alumni

srsly. being in a relationship is not the be all end all of life.

WednesdayCat

Patience, I know easier said then done. But peace will come, hang in there ;)

GyleDesigns
GyleDesigns profile pic Alumni

I saw a dude and his wife at Giant Eagle tonight. Wife was taking for freaking EVER to check out. Dude looked displeased with how long wife was taking.

Once they finished, I checked out real quick. As I was leaving, wife had dude at entryway, waiting on her as she inspected pumpkins. Dude looked even more displeased.

I thought to myself "self, being single now is cool. Waiting on wife will come latter. Be dude now."

No words will make you feel better. I know. I've been there. But regardless of how these words make you feel, they are true:

You ought to be completely cool with who you are as a single person before you find out how cool you are with a dude. Otherwise, the relationship will define who you are, and not the other way around.

GyleDesigns
GyleDesigns profile pic Alumni

In other news, Giant Eagle is having a sale on pumpkins.

taz-pie

jillustration on Sep 24 '12 at 9:56pm you're twenty friggin three years old. travel and enjoy life!

^

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

jillustration on Sep 24 '12 at 9:56pm you're twenty friggin three years old. travel and enjoy life!

jillustration on Sep 24 '12 at 9:58pm srsly. being in a relationship is not the be all end all of life.

YEAH, enjoy life, don't try to live too early, I got into a realtionship (married) to early in life and just know I am starting to have time for myself ( 2 divorces later,kids gone to college )

[+duracell-]

What Gabe said. Also, perhaps you should try dating one guy at a time.

Omair

i think the hardest part for me is that i know that i can't rush things, and that when i least expect it i'll find someone, well i thought that happened and now its not happening.

people always keep telling me those things. i sometimes want to punch them in the face :P

You want to punch people in the face because what?

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

I'm alone and love it

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Omair, she wants to punch people because they keep giving her advice!

Thomas Orrow

Go on holiday, it worked for me!

Either that or just buy lots of cats.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I will never marry a cat

Thomas Orrow

Also, I can't believe the amount of singletons on Threadless. Everybody looks so nice, and most of you are lovely!

Threaddatingâ„¢Noodz some moar

Thomas Orrow

More of a dog man eh Morkki?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Look at the gif! Cats are dicks on four legs

Thomas Orrow

Not for anything sexually related though I might add!

Thomas Orrow

I remember being single when I was 16, you wait and wait....then I when I wasn't looking I found a girl when I was 17 (a human girl that is).

PogoLightning

i am cool with who I am as a single person.

So that's why i'm really wanting someone to share my life with!

there's nothing wrong with wanting that.

and yes, i want to punch my friends in the face sometimes when they just tell me "be patient" and stuff like that.

because its been 4 years of patience.

:P

Omair

I mean, what do you want people to say?

PogoLightning

I don't know.

:/

I'm glad that right now I have a lot of other stuff to focus on. I'm choreographing dance pieces for a Halloween and Nutcracker shows. And I'm starting in a new classroom being an assistant teacher. So I will be able to focus on both of these things for awhile.

Work success will be a wonderful thing.

Twiggyhall

You're feeling what you're feeling and that's legit. Maybe you're just looking to vent and not for advice - ?? I dunno.

But I have to say Omair summed it up pretty well: "To say anyone is destined to live alone is like choosing your favorite raindrop, or predicting where a leaf will go. it's all up in the air."

It's not a thing you can choose to have when you want it, to be in a great relationship. It's luck of the draw. The best thing to do is to involve yourself in activities you enjoy (which it seems like you do) and maybe involve yourself in a club or somewhere you can meet other single people with similar interests.

I wish you well and think your chances are great of finding someone. It really does tend to happen when you least expect it. I know it did with me and the vast majority of people I know.

Omair

I gotta say, your response to my initial comment is exactly why I don't usually post on your blogs. I sympathize with your situation, and wish you the best.

No account?