What are you doing this fine day?

Update, Vikings v Packers today, Go Vikings!!

Watch this
quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

Sounds good! I've been spending the day working out why my mac is still broken. FInally did an Apple Hardware Test and the hard drive is officially failing. After several wipes and re-installs, nothing can save it. The worst thing is Apple want ₤500 for a replacement, including labour. That's half the cost of a new machine so I'll wait and see if they bring anything out soon. Sad news for me means I'll be unable to submit anything for a while.

Enjoy your day!

Cash Cow.
Cash Cow. profile pic Alumni

Any Netflix recommendations?

I'll be catching up on my assignments and sending in job applications. :(

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Just finished up a 20 mile bike ride.

Other things to get done: • Buy/paint new doors for the top of my desks. • Make some new blank mock-ups. • Start a new design. • Maybe another 20+ miles on the bike.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Sorry to hear about the hard drive failure Mr Tobbot, but on the plus side I see you're printed again with you're whoppingly good Penrose Triforce!

xiv. Do you have He-man thighs?

I've been sanding banisters today and helping my dad wallpaper my house. Just been for an autumnal walk and a coffee and not sure what to do next, maybe another GAP kids design too.

cartooner
cartooner profile pic Alumni

quick-brown-fox that sounds brutal... it makes me want to update the back ups I have on an external hard drive really badly. I had a motherboard fry once and I know how a computer crapping out can set you back unexpectedly. It sucks for sure

cartooner

Also, xiv, that bike ride sounds sweet. I may have to take on too, probably not 20 miles today, my bike needs a tune up so that has been hanging over me as well.

As far as Netflix recommendations.. Hmmm it is tough. There are some gems to be watched instantly that is for sure. But I watch Netflix enough that I am scraping at some cheesy thrillers/action movies at the moment haha.

cartooner

Wharton, sanding banisters sounds legit. I don't do much of those types of things living in an apartment :P but xiv did remind me I have a desk situation I am trying to improve.

I made cookies last night Akaka but muffins sound amazing!

BeanePod, sorry to hear about the sick daughter, I hope she starts to feel better. No kid likes to be sick on a weekend! You don't even get to miss school!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

also, i forgot to add that i was shampooing a chair with a 3 year old sitting on my shoulders......rock star status = FAIL

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the sympathy! It actually screwed up about four weeks ago, but by some miricle I managed to boot off another drive and drag my stuff off. I erased the drive, out everything back and then went on vacation. I found a cheap hdd in target, so did a time machine backup when i got back this week. It lasted just long enough for me to do that, two days later it really started freaking out. So I'm really pleased I managed to save my stuff, could've been a lot worse. In a weird kind of way I'm glad a was able to find my apple hardware test DVD, so at least I know what it is. I was suspecting ram, logic board or something.

I'm going to sit tight and see if apple bring anything new out in the next month, the iMac and mac pro are well overdue updates and I have it on good authority there will be one more big reveal this year. Probobally in between now and black Friday.

On the subject of Netflix, I just signed up and I've been rewatching one of my face British comedy series "peep show", defo worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

cartooner

Well that is lucky then. Peep show ay? I might have to give that a shot. I am watching Rango right now. That animated lizard movie with Johnny Dep. Pretty good thus far. Laundry is almost done too. It has been a productive Saturday thus far - still no designing though sadly

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

So far today I have played some Saints Row 3 (it's free on Steam this weekend), made and ate some pico de gallo, cut my hair and now I'm getting slightly drunk and waiting to see College (the French guy who did that song in Drive) play live. Dance time!

taz-pie

Guys guys I beat ALL OF YOU. i just had delish dinner with Bramish and his fabulous girlfriend Vicky here in Cape Town :D

taz-pie

Mini ThreadMeat South Africaaaa

cartooner

Getting slightly drunk and seeing College sounds awesome - but in all fairness so does a South African mini ThreadlessMeat!!

taz-pie

We ate Mexican foodz and drank lots. Now i am in bed feeling slightly ill

Manupix

In the countryside helping my friends with work in their self-built house. We decided to work the morning, put up 2 beams. Then went to see other friends to play cards and eat apple pie, stayed there for dinner. A little nursing my web addiction, then day over.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

played all the way through a game called The Room with husband on his iPad. IT'S AWSUM!!!! So puzzly and beautiful, and you get to use the iPad's strengths i.e. swipe, rotate, slide stuff etc. And so pretty. And so mystery.

Also played tennis and prepared some stuff for tomorrow's cooking.

But definitely jealous of Taz's day :) Mini Threadmeet sounds real nice!!!

cartooner

Nice! For some reason I think couples playing iPad games is super cute, my parents do it!

Btw, I am building a desk to do art things on, it is going alright thus far. At the core the top of it is a door from home depot I got for $20. Sealing it now!

cartooner

My desk is basically done! Still have yet to put on the finishing touches, but I am excited to use it!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Hollow core door? That's what I've used. Seems to hold up for about a year or so.

Goldendust

I'm eating a burrito in a food court cause I wanted to get out of the office. And then I will go back to work.

My life is very boring these days

taz-pie

Mini Threadmeat pt3 tonight! We ate vast quantities of curry and icecream and a weird Indian drink called Faloodah. Now I am in bed with a food baby in mah belleh. Seriously guys, Stuart and Vicky are such cool people.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I feel as though I have to re-evaluate my impression of you now Mr Tibbot, that really was 'gross'.

Twiggyhall

lol, John

I have less than an hour to go at work and then I'll head home, eat dinner, veg out for a little bit and then head to the gym. Usual boring weekday night.

But GUYS it's almost Friday!!! Woot!!!

cartooner

Vikings v Packers today, Go Vikings!!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

i'm cutting christmas decals so my son and daughter can decorate their own ornaments. party time :)

Manupix

Got up in the afternoon after a night of designing ;; Went for a walk. Browses the web. Will eat. Will design through yet another night ;; Laments US midnight deadlines = Europe early morning. Blames addiction to deadlines.

maddingo

tying to figure out why one of my servers decided to start dropping RDP connections and listening to bluegrass... my life is very full

/wishes i was a farmer ...

Goldendust

I took the day off from work today. It is nice.

narwhals14

I setted up meh chreastmas treeh!

littlem

In bed with a migraine, watching eagles vs cowboys.

No account?
Join Us