Minecraft's "Always Digging" - Working on the regular version

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
celandinestern

I call bullshit. If you have a good idea, do it and sub it. Let the other voters decide on whether you have 'the right spirit'.

You've played the game, you wanna make a piece - do it!!! From what I can see in the contest so far, 98% of the people who do have that 'player spirit' are posting copy-pasted creeper pics. You're bound to be an improvement.

reags

Screw that. A solid design trumps in the end.

Manupix

Of course you should! This is a Tless contest, right? only Minecraft players should join this contest Ridiculous! Let them have their own teeshirt contest on their own website =)

speakerine
1 design submitted - Score now!

thanks a lot! you're kind. I'll do it. you're right about the 98 % , thats impressive how the level is low on this contest..

silverhare

Do it. "Only playas get to play" is nonsense, and I think there can be a lot of value to an "outside" perspective.

That was a lot of things in quotes for just one sentence, but I'm not taking any of them back.

Manupix

Besides, I want to make one too =)

celandinestern

that's because people subbing are minecraft players and not designers :) I know this place welcomes anyone to try and do design, heck I'm not a designer, but it pisses me off how people who've never drawn anything or turned on photoshop before in their lives think they can just snag 2000$ with a five-minute effort.

show them how it's done, man!

littlem

do it!

Ilya Yavnoshan

Personally, I do hope the grand prize winner is someone who does love minecraft since it's a trip to the minecraft convention. But anyone should submit and I assume there will be more than one chosen design.

EZFL

I'd love to see one of the winning designs come from someone who's never even played the game.

EZFL

I want to submit something, but am coming up with ideas that have already been done or they're shit in the first place.

Ilya Yavnoshan

Hah, well a trip to disneyland is a trip to disneyland, I guess.

ibyes

You should, not be friends with that person anymore ;)

ivejustquitsmoking

reminds me of the Adventure time challenge, the winner's style wasn't in line with the show versus 95 percent of the submissions

Shadyjibes

most probably i'll sub a collab to the challenge and neither me nor my collab partner have EVER played minecraft. So go ahead man, JUST DO IT!

Akaka

I like it :)

celandinestern

cool. I think it could work without the text though, maybe.

Akaka

I like the text

speakerine

thanks!! without the text, it's only the picto of "Handle with Care"..

Manupix

I'm afraid Craft with Care is weak. After all, it's only the picto of "Handle with Care". Unless you find some kind of visual catch, that is. The obvious idea here would be to give the cube MCraft textures (and then lose the text), but then it's just that: obvious.

Game of Patience is good, it's possibly missing something right now (or not!).

speakerine

thanks for the comments! I agree Craft with care is weak.

celandinestern

game of patience looks nice, but I agree it's still missing something. The ends of the hourglass vanishing into nothing makes it feel kind of sparse?

BeanePod

Nice! and yeah, if it's "gamers only" then it should be a contest on Minecraft's site and not Threadless. Sub and win...sub and win... :)

celandinestern

woah setup for the new one looks best yet but I don't see a link with minecraft yet.... I'll be patient and wait for it, though :)

speakerine

thanks! I wanted to create something different from the graphic universe of Minecraft. no pixels. however, there will be a lot of references to the games, like zombies, giant spiders, cows, stone galeries.. etc..

celandinestern

I think it could turn out pretty epic.

speakerine

new sky color and progress on the galleries & spider! but not finished at all.

speakerine

I'll give to this spider red bloody eyes

goliath72

the red eyes will be great for the spider indeed!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

maybe its just my screen but i can barely see anything unless i look really close to my monitor lol

speakerine

ahah ok jeff i'll fix it, the colors needs to be lighter!

celandinestern

yes it looks really dark, but otherwise amazing!

BeanePod

yeah, other than looking really dark it's starting to have EPIC written all over it.

EN AJUSTES

Oooh yes, I'm... digging it!

FlyingMonkeyMan

wow, that realistic one looks like it's going to turn out amazing!

speakerine

jeff? do you see it now??

not sure about the gradients/ lights of the spider + lamp..

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?