Close
One second...

Sleeping Giants, up now, thanks for the advice :)

yay, subbed!!!

Ok, so it's been determined that just three works. Now for colors - I think it's almost there!!!

The grass in the front is not done. But I am wondering if there should be some hint of more hill monster guys sleeping behind the foreground?

or

Obviously I would add more texture to the background hills, if they stay.

Watch this
EZFL

i like it with just the three. i hope you plan on changing the color.

Steve The Great

yeah, I don't love the monochromaticness but I do really like the design as it is.

jillustration

k i was thinking of doing it on navy also. still tinkering with colors, will post later when i figure that out. I hate trying to figure out colors :p

reags

yes!

Steve The Great

What I want to see, is the dark areas a cooler color (like they are) and the lighter areas a bit warmer version of the same color.

It's hard to judge without the grass detail though o__o

jillustration

well, they are hills... I don't want to make them orange or yellow as it's sposed to be grass, and nighttime? What color do you think, if I go warmer then?

Steve The Great

same general color, just a bit warmer version.

jillustration

Maybe it needs to be a hair darker now.

WednesdayCat

love it, really cool!

Steve The Great

Maybe not quite that limey but yeah!

Steve The Great

Hope you don't mind, I threw up some ideas.

It's not perfect because I just used "replace color" in photoshop.

Steve The Great

And the first one isn't warmer at all. lol.

jillustration

Ok, I think I get where you're going with it :)

jillustration

(it's also hard to get what I have in PS to match what the final jpg looks like as well)

sonmi

Awesome! I think it'd work better without the foreground being so bright, though. Maybe that part doesn't need to have color filled in, and instead the grass detail can have that light yellow coloring on it? Does that make sense?

sonmi

I guess the grass detail would have to be reversed, then. So it's detailing the highlights instead of the shadow.

jillustration

Ya i think I see what you're saying Sonmi.

jillustration

Also, Sonmi, how are you? I missed the meetup this year just because of conflicting schedules that weekend, plus I am making 2 more roadtrips in Sept, so I missed seeing a lot of ppl :/

celandinestern

this is awesome. I love steve's first purplish moonlight version. I also agree with sonmi on the grass reversal.

jillustration

hok, Julia was definitely right about the grass. I am hoping the lighter color is a better balance, though that can be tweaked still :) I am really trying not to make it TOO light though.

sonmi

hey jill! you were missed at the meetup!! but yeah, i think the changed date worked funny with a few different people's schedules this year.

this version works way better for me!! it's a lot more subtle and the hills are the main focus now :)

jillustration

Julia is always right in critiques!!

sonmi

:)

my last critique, which i quickly mocked up in lieu of trying to explain, is maybe adding a little bits of warmth in the house. not sure if you wanted it to seem like the house was sleeping too, though?

celandinestern

this is beyond charming. The warm windows are a great addition.

No account?