Yeah, sure, a week is long enough to not write a Chicago blog

This was my fifth Chicago meetup. I know because that's how many CTA passes I've saved up. In the past, Chicago was an event, but this year, it felt just like that thing I return to each year. And I had a ball. Big kudos to Jess and the rest of the Threadstaff for dodgeball and the whole shindig on Saturday. You done good.

Some bits:

• Omair and Mike always at my side.

• For all of Thursday and most of Friday, I was wondering who this Seth guy was. I had no idea what he looked like or who he was except that he lived in Bakersfield. Our original plan was to say "Hey Seth!" to everyone until we got it right. It was great to find out that he was just a really cool guy who didn't mind the farts or the dumb jokes, and I'm glad there's another person to add to the California hang outs.

• Steve the Great is quickly becoming one of those people I just can't wait to see again. What a great guy with eyes that make my heart go dayumn. So smart, such a talented photographer.

• First time meeting Jen, second time meeting Stef--she won't remember the first--and they were so lovely, funny, and sweet. I remember Jen trying to teach me about beer and I was just like "Yes, it is drinkings."

• I feel like it's been forever since I've seen ToraSteve and even longer since I've seen Jan. These are two of my favorite people in life. So many dad jokes and I Swear with Steve. So much...making fun of my cheek bones with Jan.

• I didn't realize until the end of this weekend that I talk like a mix between Omair, Justin, and Michael Cera.

• Priscilla and Julia are pretty much family by now. I legitimately look up to them like sisters. Even though Julia is always trying to do me harm.

• And everyone else. Randy so gentle and taking pictures. Becca and Tuuka and Tuuka taking a mad stress poop.

And most importantly Sandwich Girl, Burger Babe, Horchata Babe, one love oyoyoyoyoy yoloyolo.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
xtiffany

So cute. So nice stories.

Chipmnk

Bummer you couldn't make it, Tiff. I only saw your Tumblr message the other day. You have my number now though. Sneaky sneaky.

Omair

Man, it goes without saying how much you and mike are my dogs.

I feel like together, we can achieve ANYTHING.

Next year, suits and girlfriends. That'll teach 'em. THAT'LL TEACH 'EM ALL.

tragos

goodjoke handshake

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

hands off my sandwich, bra

tragos

thanks for cleaning up my dog's shit. you're a real true friend.

mullmuggins

Aww, you and your little threadfamily is about the cutest thing ever. It's what the Internet was invented for :)

Twiggyhall

I heart you, Alvin!

Chipmnk

Suits, girlfriends, kicksplosions.

does One Direction dance

Dang, Jeff. I think Justin got a bite of that sandwich.

Anytime, Becca. I'm sure Tuuka would do the same for me.

ABI, it was great to see you again. We didn't really get the opportunity to talk much but still, wonderful as always to see you.

Mike, you are the water I inject into my body with a syringe because I never learned how to drink out of cups.

Jen, next time, I will learn things about beer that make you go "Why, that's just fascinating!"

xtiffany

Chipmnk on Sep 01 '12 at 9:53pm Bummer you couldn't make it, Tiff. I only saw your Tumblr message the other day. You have my number now though. Sneaky sneaky.

;) ;) ;)

No, at that time I entirely thought Mother would be able to drive me and that I would be there and Alvin's # would be actually helpful.

But now I can just prank call, I guess.

Chipmnk

Not happening.

xtiffany

Says who? You can't control me.

Omair

Chipmnk

We watched the Harold and Kumar Christmas movie. I just remembered. Why did that happen?

Steve The Great

we had time between the meetup and the party? Iunno, I would've probably rather done something else but I had no ideas.

tragos

man, we watched that too. what the heck.

jeffreyg

justin tried****

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

Thanks for letting me make fun of your cheekbones, Alwin!

Chipmnk

Oh right. We had like a couple hours between. And then Seth and Randy took a nap.

Ugh, Jan, get outta my face/cheekbones!

Omair Ali

Pretty cool, wish I was there!

Omair

Heywaitaminnit

Chipmnk

Yo, I don't 'preciate this none.

Omair

that genitals grab

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Oh guy. You are a fave guy of mine. I wish we could spend more time touching and loving.

Next time Im in Cali, give me a ride somewhere and we'll have more good car talk.

Omair

man, I want to be there to just listen.

Chipmnk

Oh man, I remember when we drove back from sushi and we talked about cocktails. I felt like Sex and the City. Sex in the City? Sex and in the City.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Yeah, we were like "Dear New York City column, shoes shoes shoes, adult relations? COCKTAILS! miniature umbrellas. shoe shoes shoes. the theatre."

Chipmnk

You're such a Chandler.

Twiggyhall

Yeah, Harold & Kumar was on for about 15 minutes and then we're all like this is horrible, is anyone actually enjoying this? No? Then let's change the channel. And then we watched this ridiculous show with this huge Jersey guy who critiqued restaurant service and then "took over" the restaurant.

It was like Tabatha Takes Over, but with a huge Jersey guy instead of an Australian lesbian

Omair

I'm glad we watched movies together, ya'll. Harold and Kumar is good because it's like me and Alvin/me and randy/me and mike/me and any asian friend

jeffreyg

wow r we franz

Omair

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Omair

you not black?

Chipmnk

Harold and Kumar is like me and Jeff because Jeff is Kumar.

Omair

No it's more like Rush Hour. because black.

Chipmnk

No, it's more like Shanghai Noon because Owen Wilson.

Omair

you DO happen to have some luscious blond hair and piercing blue eyes.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I'm just here for the Kamen Rider gif.

Also, I would love to go to a meetup one year. It sounds like a lot of fun. :-)

Does anyone else have the fear of being the one person that's sitting in a corner too afraid to talk to anyone when going to their first meetup?

Chipmnk

Owen Wilsons

Kamen Rider all the time, every time. You should go some time, Tiffany. We're all friendly enough as long as you're down for friendliness. And sometimes I worry about that, but then I realize Ryder has that role.

You missed out on so many 3D things flying into the screen.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Who wouldn't be down for friendliness?

Twiggyhall

lol @ Ryder

Every time I look at this photo, 'All By Myself' plays in my head...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us