Yeah, sure, a week is long enough to not write a Chicago blog
This was my fifth Chicago meetup. I know because that's how many CTA passes I've saved up. In the past, Chicago was an event, but this year, it felt just like that thing I return to each year. And I had a ball. Big kudos to Jess and the rest of the Threadstaff for dodgeball and the whole shindig on Saturday. You done good.
- Omair and Mike always at my side.
- For all of Thursday and most of Friday, I was wondering who this Seth guy was. I had no idea what he looked like or who he was except that he lived in Bakersfield. Our original plan was to say "Hey Seth!" to everyone until we got it right. It was great to find out that he was just a really cool guy who didn't mind the farts or the dumb jokes, and I'm glad there's another person to add to the California hang outs.
- Steve the Great is quickly becoming one of those people I just can't wait to see again. What a great guy with eyes that make my heart go dayumn. So smart, such a talented photographer.
- First time meeting Jen, second time meeting Stef--she won't remember the first--and they were so lovely, funny, and sweet. I remember Jen trying to teach me about beer and I was just like "Yes, it is drinkings."
- I feel like it's been forever since I've seen ToraSteve and even longer since I've seen Jan. These are two of my favorite people in life. So many dad jokes and I Swear with Steve. So much...making fun of my cheek bones with Jan.
- I didn't realize until the end of this weekend that I talk like a mix between Omair, Justin, and Michael Cera.
- Priscilla and Julia are pretty much family by now. I legitimately look up to them like sisters. Even though Julia is always trying to do me harm.
- And everyone else. Randy so gentle and taking pictures. Becca and Tuuka and Tuuka taking a mad stress poop.
And most importantly Sandwich Girl, Burger Babe, Horchata Babe, one love oyoyoyoyoy yoloyolo.