Close
One second...

Your opinion on my design

Hi All,
I'm new here, so I'll try to find my way around here.
Here you have my first idea for a submission.

If you check my site, www.kingdavidstyle.com you will notice my works are currently very concentrated in "reggae & roots" niche. Although this might be a disadvantage, I'll try to create my own place in it, by creating works that appeal to the niche and 'outsiders' at the same time. In this way, I feel a little responsible to uplift the usual (let's be honest - ugly- graphics used in 'my' niche.
So far, it looks like this strategie is working, with interested people in both 'worlds'. That's it for my background.

The next image is a limited edition silkscreen I did, for an upcoming series, in which I portray important musicians and producers in my niche. Here also I try to create an interesting image, whether you recognize the artist or not. I designed the silkscreen with the idea to create a T-shirt later of it. Then I found Threadless!

The artist here is Chazbo (musician, producer for conscious sound studio, owner of the Roots Temple label)
who plays the melodica and who has a love for Japan (often called the Far East style, in reggae music, hence the little text). Important in the music is a certain spiritual feel, (reggae music is almost always tied with the Rastafari-faith)
In the background, you see those columns. The're called a Torii, it's a japanese gate that mark the transition between the real and the spiritual world, so it was the perfect setting for this remarkable musician.

Now it's your turn!

T-shirt

the illustration

with typo

Watch this
No account?
Join Us