I can't wait for winebocon

With the meet up being over, I have to think of the next fun thing to keep from being sad! How many of you guys are thinking of coming to winebocon? Do you want to try and do a vineyard tour in addition to the tastings? Can we think of more good pick up lines??

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

"I peed here three times!!"

But yeah, SBP (SLO airport) is going to be the closest one. I can probably pick up anybody who flies into it, and it's maybe a 10 minute drive into town. The prices there can vary. I was able to book a roundtrip flight from SBP to O'Hare for a little over $300, but if you're flying from a small airport, it's probably going to be expensive.

Twiggyhall

Good info, thanks Priscilla :)

valorandvellum

Sure! Hope we can hang out again!

Twiggyhall

:)

We need to sit next to each other at dinner or something so we can actually chat. Everytime I saw you, the music was blasting so loud we could never talk or anything, lol

shirtflirt

february would be good

also i'll be in SLO october 7

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

Back before my life fell to pieces I remember chatting with you on aim about going out there and doing wine tastings...this thread makes me sad

abeadle
abeadle profile pic Alumni

I am saving my time off a work to do this!! Yay!

Do they do moscato dessert wine tasting? (:

Chipmnk

Oh man, there was this really good dessert wine last year. I forgot to buy a bottle of that.

Omair

Yeah man, I had mad sips of that.

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

Yea, once dates are set, the earlier i'll be able to call dibs on vacation days!

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

yay!

PogoLightning

I'm gonna be honest here...everytime I see "winebocon" I just think of Winnebago...

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

the truth hurts

kayceislost

i would like a tequilabocon.

tragos

kayce!

valorandvellum

Huzzah!! I'm excited to see all of you guys!

And yes, there probably won't be any blasting music so people can talk :-P

Omair

Everyone whispers during winebocon. Whispercon.

valorandvellum

No whisper farts at winebocon though!

Twiggyhall

Oh man, Kayce! I think tequilabocon would make for a lot of rough mornings!

Whispers & wine glass clinks

Omair

valorandvellum on Aug 30 '12 at 1:18pm No whisper farts at winebocon though!

Twiggyhall

Silent but deadly vintage

mullmuggins

I really want to go to one of these.

Maybe we can come to this next one. Maybe.

Twiggyhall

That would be so awesome, Abi! I would love to talk to you more :)

I'm definitely going to try to come to this. It's West Coast, so I kind of have to, right?

Chipmnk

Tequilabocon = Hangover Weekend.

Omair

woah hey

Twiggyhall

YES!!!

Lori in October and Marbs in Feb!!!!!!!

:D So much happy!!!!!!

valorandvellum

So here's a question for you guys... would you like to do the next Winebocon in the same area (SLO and Paso Robles)? Or would you prefer to try somewhere new, like the Santa Barbara area? Please note that Santa Barbara, though easier to get to for SoCal people, would end up being more expensive (e.g. cheapest hotel in SLO for that weekend is $71 and the cheapest hotel for Santa Barbara is $106). I don't think we should do Napa since that would be REALLY expensive and out of the way for most people.

If a lot of first-timers are coming this year, then I'm thinking the SLO/Paso area should be fine since it will be new to them.

valorandvellum

P.S. This will most likely be the weekend of February 16th since that's the three day weekend (for some people... not me...).

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

I'm down for whatever! I'm just in it for the good times... and the wine. :D

Chipmnk

Santa Barbara could be fun. I haven't really spent any time there aside from passing through a few times. I'm down for either though (or both???).

Chipmnk

Winebocon 2014: Italy

tragos

Either sounds good!

valorandvellum

Alright, I'm looking into Santa Barbara wineries! If the tasting rooms in downtown SB can accommodate larger sized groups, then Santa Barbara it is!

valorandvellum

Yes, it's definitely more pricey than SLO. Right now we're letting fate decide if it's Santa Barbara or SLO – it all depends on if the tasting rooms can do large groups. If they say no, then we'll probably revert back to SLO and Paso Robles.

Twiggyhall

Man, I really want to come to this. Crossing my fingers that I'll have enough money to do so!

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

I might come. I might bring Mr. Mezo.

Steve The Great

I probably can't afford any of it anyways, so that's cool.

littlem

wow, so many people willing to swing either way.

well, mitchloidolt was a given, really. lolol ;)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us