Close
One second...

Promote your Facebook Page here!

Finally I made it! :D From now on you can "like me" here! ^^

Also feel free to share your Facebook Page so we can like each other! ;D

Cheers!

And don't forget to check out my latest sub! :D

I will make a list of Facebook pages in this blog. Just post the link here and of course don't forget to like others too! ;)

Facebook pages you should like:

Marco Angeles

Dandingeroz Designs

VolatileTIMES Design

Design Lawrence

Celandine Design

SteveOramA

Karen Hallion

En Ajustes

Jacques & Lise | graphic design

Chris Wharton

JonBurgessDesign

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
silverhare
silverhare profile pic Alumni

I think that, like everything, it sort of depends. In my experience (which is neither broad nor deep), Facebook has been the most successful contender in my social media experiment. However, it is also the one where i had the largest number of pre-existing friends and/or fans. Since putting up the page around two weeks ago, the viral nature of facebook has garnered at least six people that I don't know, who "liked" my artist page just because they liked the art.

For the same two weeks, I have also been experimenting with Twitter, tumblr, Google+, Facebook, and DeviantArt. I don't think two weeks is a long enough trial period for this particular venture, so I'll try to keep you updated on anything I learn.

filiskun
filiskun profile pic Alumni

Well thank you for your advice! I will consider that when I decide to make one. ;)

I got one more question. Did you transform you FB profile into the page or did you just created a new one?

silverhare
silverhare profile pic Alumni

I created a new page of my regular account, which it gives you the option to do. It allows you to post as your Artist Name without having to sign out and sign back in.

So now up in the right hand corner of my FB page, it shows my portrait and real name. If I click on the little arrow next to that, it allows me to change "who" I am posting as - my real self or my artist self. Each page has separate urls, friends lists, etc. It's really quick and convenient to switch back and forth from my personal page to my artist page.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I'm kind of in the process of setting one up so I don't know yet. Basically I have no time to invest in social networking on a serious level, and also Serbia doesn't have PayPal yet (grumble grumble!) so I can't sell on Etsy or Society6, so there isn't a great need for me to have an 'Artist's Page'. But on the other hand I feel it might be a good investment for the future, in case I ever live somewhere that does allow me to sell stuff online. Also it must be nice to have fans. But I don't plan to promote it in any major way.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I set one up about two weeks ago. I think its a great addition to any existing online sites you may belong to. Its easy to update and is then subsequently shown to everyone you know, if any of those people 'share' your work then that in turn opens your work up to everyone they know and so on and so forth.

It has some great statistical analysis too, it breaks down the demographic of vistiors, frequencies, unique visitors, likes, virality of particular pieces. It takes next to no time to set up to and can run parallel to you existing FB profile, theres no reason not to really.

Good luck and leave a link to it.

filiskun

@silverhare Well that's really cool and easy. Good job FB! Hehhe.

@celandinestern Me neither. I just wanted to make one so that people can be updated quickly. If they want to ofc. ^^ Yeah that sucks. :/ Croatia had the same problem 2 years ago i think. But everything is working fine right now! :D I hope that they are going to do something about that in Serbia soon, because these days having PayPal is kinda important.

@Wharton Thank you for the info man! I appreciate it! ;) Ofc I will keep you guys updated! :D

filiskun

Finally I made it! :D From now on you can "like me"here! ^^

Wharton

I don't think your link works.

filiskun

bump :D

filiskun

Done! :D

filiskun

BUMP

filiskun

night bump!

filiskun

Thank you! :D

Also I will make a list of Facebook pages in this blog. Just post the link here and of course don't forget to like others too! ;)

filiskun

Thanks! You are on the list now! ;)

filiskun

bump!

filiskun

bump ^^

filiskun

Done! ;)

filiskun

Added and liked! ;)

filiskun

bump!

filiskun

buuump

filiskun

11k likes. D: Nice!

filiskun

bump! :D

EN AJUSTES

I'll check out all those links, and leave mine here: En Ajustes.

filiskun

Thank you! ;)

filiskun

bump

filiskun

BUMP

filiskun

Liked! :D

filiskun

BUMP

filiskun

bump! :P

filiskun

@Tsunami Your link doesn't work.

filiskun

BUMPY

Wharton

Hey mine is THIS

filiskun

Liked! :D

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni

hey, dumb question since i've never used facebook: did u guys sign up for facebook the normal way, or is there a special artist page/profile (or something) that you used?

Wharton

You set up a regular personal profile and then you can add a 'page' to it which would be your artist page. Or I think you can just make a business page.

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni

thx wharton.

so, people who find you on facebook arrive at your personal profile and then have to click to your artist page?

i don't really want a personal profile, or at least i'd like it all in one. maybe i'll do the business page...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us