Close
One second...

Ben-jammin' Foot

Wanted to say hey. Hey. I emailed you a few months ago. I'm an asshole. Sorry. Kind of a story behind that.

Watch this
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

asshole

blossompossum

Aw, the "big" tags don't work anymore.

Asterisk. Geddit. ehehehe

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

Jyotsana!!!! Hey! :D:Please don't call yourself an asshole! You are the opposite! It's totally cool about the jumper! I'm sorry I never replied to that email, I'm useless with emailing most of the time! please please don't feel bad about it!! How are you?!

blossompossum

Hey man, I'm doing well! It's all good. It was pretty bad of me not to get back to you in the first place. If you're still up for it, I'll be able to do it this year. Things are a bit more settled now, so...

How've you been?

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

Hey sweet! I'm glad you're doing well. It's totally cool, I think you said at the time it would be ages before you'd have time to make it anyway.. please don;t give it another thought. If you still want to make it sometime in the future it would be awesome but please don't feel bad!

Glad to hear you're more settled! I'm doing good thanks, more settled myself than I was. It's nice to be on threadless again!

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

HEY STEVE!

blossompossum

ESTEBAN

Good to hear you're well, Ben. I'll shoot you an email sometime in the near future when I get a feel for how much time I'll have. Won't be a flake about it this time.

Glad to have you back!

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

That sounds rad. We should definitely swap band recommendations again! And don;t you worry, time is a tough thing to juggle, it's very nice to speak to you again whatever.

Thankyou!

blossompossum

Yes to music swap. Not sure if you're into what I've been listening to lately--I'm not even sure how I got myself into the right mindset to begin with. It started with OMD and then moved on to Autechre.

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

I don't mind a bit of OMD. Autechre is very good, I certainly like that kind of strange old electro type music- is that the right term/s? I guess. Recently I've really been into a band called Belong. It's really shoegazey and lovely, I can't get enough!

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

I'm just here to type "dang, that potty mouth!"

blossompossum

Oh man, Dazzle Ships totally blew my mind. It was so good, so cohesive. It's one of the few monoliths in my mind's library.

Well, I've been trying to understand the terms in electronic music given that I'm listening to more of it and most enthusiasts are anal about names. I guess Autechre would considered IDM.

Will listen to Belong tonight and get back to you on that. Sounds very promising. Some more shoegazey stuff for you: Sianspheric. The Sound of the Colour of the Sun is their best.

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

Hey Super Ryan! I hope you're well, I was a bout to reply to everyone who said hello in your other blog but it's vanished. I hope you're all doing great anyway! I miss you all!

I'll have to have a listen to that album in full then Jyotsana, I very much respect your taste!

Yes I get the same impression from my friends who are really into electronic stuff, but I'm pretty useless at knowing different genres in that world, I'll have to study up! I've got more and more into it myself over the last few years- getting the internet and things like spotify have really got me into a whole new world of music. Right now anything hectic and off the wall, electro wise is good for me.

I hope you enjoy! I'll be sure to have a listen to Sianspheric they sound great! That's a gret album title.

I've made a lot of spotify playlists, I'll have to post some sometime.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

Sorry but I needed to clear my blogs because of w_o_r_k rel@ated 1ssue5

I don't want to be found online

shirtflirt

^lol

you can't delete your web presence interwebs 101

blossompossum

Unless you start working under an alias.

But yeah, I didn't do a good job managing my online presence over time. Started out well, but now there's a name and location, and almost a face. Can't really get rid of that.

Paranoia: you hath failed me.

blossompossum

Really digging Belong. Kind of distorted whispers of music. Very understated.

Different sort of non-hectic and somewhat unrelated: this out.

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

Sorry to take so long to reply! I'm running on super-slow/ super disorganized/ mode at the mo. No worries Ryan!

I'm glad you like Belong. Yeah it really takes that distorted, washed out sound to the extreme, I've really loved listening to Sianspehric, Very dreamy, echoey and relaxing.

Thanks for these other recommendations guys, Holy Other and An Awesome Wave are cool names! I'll be sure to check these out while I'm drawing tonight.

No account?
Join Us