Close
One second...

Pictures and Conversations

Pictures and Conversations

Watch this
bookgirl3191

Sweet design!!! I understand most of the literture references but I'm missing a couple. Does anyone know what book the following are for: The crown over the 'O' The plane dropping the bomb The red frame The red circle with the three rifles The wings over the mountains with the flames underneath

funky_drewster

Crown over "O" is "Lord of the Rings" Red circle and rifles is "War and Peace"? Wings/Mountains/Flames is, I think, Dante's "Divine Comedy". But what's the bowler hat and glass? The capital A? The pig's head on a stick? The bird with the dotted trail? Room 101?

funky_drewster

Ah! Pigs head on a stick is "Lord of the Flies".

Drexless

The bowler hat and glass of milk is A Clockwork Orange, room 101 is 1984, or if you want a newer reference, it could be The Matrix (Neo's room was 101, Trinity's 303 if I recall correctly)

Conejito

The capital A is "The Scarlet Letter" not "Easy A". Pig & Spider is "Charlotte's Web" not Homer's Spider Pig. House riding tornado "The Wizard of Oz". Alice in Wonderland Rabbit, X marks "Treasure Island". Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Lion , The Witch and the Wardrobe, Moby Dick is the last one.

Nedjema

My best guess about the frame is snow white (mirror mirror...), just a guess though. Still don't know what the plane dropping the bomb is...

Roy_T_Balthazaar

The frame could be The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Wookie Smuggler

Plane dropping the bomb could be "Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

The empty picture frame is The Picture of Dorian Gray. The bombing plane is for Catch 22.

geekcdunbar

I think the pig's head on a pike is Animal Farm. Only one I can't figure out is the O with a crown.

Cobothegreat

Pig's head on a stick is Lord of the Flies.

Gincairn

The hat with the glass underneath is A Clockwork Orange.

all-mimsy

Room 101 is 1984.

jenrich

Click on the "Original design submission" the artist lists all the references on the shirt: A Clockwork Orange - The Scarlett Letter - Charlotte's Web - The Lord of the Rings - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - Catch 22 - A Picture of Dorian Grey - Alice in Wonderland - Lord of the Flies - Treasure Island - Dracula - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - 1984 - War and Peace - Divine Comedy - Moby Dick

itsJim

This is so awesome! Please reprint!

No account?
Join Us