Close
One second...

Do you believe in a God?

.. or many Gods, no Gods, or maybe practice abrahamism?

I'm just curious to see the responses here. Was talking about this with a fellow threadlesser before and thought I'd open up the floor to discussion.

As for me, I'm kind of in this weird limbo. Growing up, I went to church every week and followed and grew up on what was told to me...all these scriptures and passages about God, and I believed them. But as I grew older and more disconnected, this figure became less and less real to me. There are times in my life that I cant find any explanation to other than some spirit amongst the Cosmos, but God? Questionable. My faith has been tested multiple times, especially these past few months, and this God we speak of has become as credible to me as a childhood imaginary friend.

disclaimer: this may be a sensitive topic to some people, so keep it clean. all opinions/views welcome

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 12
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

^Could be juicy or could not. Remember he was without sin which may seem boring to most people. Probably a lot of Jesus helped his dad with carpentry, fetched a pail of water for mother, and made peace between his siblings. Gotta take into consideration most of the Bible is written about flawed sinful people which makes them interesting.

shirtflirt

i find it interesting that confuscianism, is a book written by confucius, right? and tao te ching, is written by lao tze tzu, right?

and here we have an entire belief system and most of the book you lean upon is other people saying what jesus said. i'd like to compile all of jesus' teaching and put those in a book, id' read that.

and i'm moving toward the idea that jesus had a life of questions, problems, beliefs and new ideas that are being glossed over. much like, in eastern philosophies where a practicioner moves toward 'enlightment' or being one with god, it's my belief that jesus' under went something similar. he awoke to the knowledge that we was god. much like everyone is.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

today one of my co-workers tried to give me a prayer card to keep in my pocket so that God could show me some direction.

what

the validity would be equivalent to the lint or gum wrappers i have in there already

jeffreyg

it was the infant jesus of prague prayer card

shirtflirt

my grandma gave me this patron saint thingy that i put on my visor

it's still there bc i think if i remove it my car won't start

jeffreyg

haha

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 12