Close
One second...

A HUGE question that is on my mind! Please help!

So my question is, if I have a photo manipulation that I've created in photoshop--so it is a picture, not just a couple colors--do I have to separate the image into layers for cyan, magenta, yellow, and black halftones in order for it to be printed, should my submission be chosen? I'm completely lost on how that process is done. I know that is what you have to do if you're screen printing on your own, but I don't know how threadless does it. And what the heck is simulated process? I'm really frustrated how I can't seem to find an answer to my troubles anywhere on the internet :(. Please help! Thanks.

Watch this
EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Let them take care of the color separation.

Try to keep the photo elements on their own layers.

Thanks man. I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with that on my own. I always figured that the professional designers here on threadless knew how to do it, and all the other novices had no idea, so I was frustrated when I couldn't find any information haha.

Hey, I actually own your "Diver No. 12" shirt. It's really a great design, very striking. I get compliments on it a lot, so awesome work there! So, when you made that, I now see that you didn't have to do any halftone or color separation work on your own, you just let them take care of that. Cool.

No account?
Join Us