Close
One second...

Bubblegum Heart

Watch this
silaslevi

I designed this for the Simple Design Challenge. It was declined. I'm unsure why. I'm putting it here for critiques / suggestions / etc. rnrnI'm fairly settled on the colors and overall design. I will accept all critiques but I am specifically looking for opinions on placement, size, and textures.

silaslevi

Actually any suggestions are welcome!

ahmetuyar

Try to change colours between to charachter. Like blue - purple

cpetruk

I think it's great! It's really simple yet still very readable. It's a simple idea with a simple execution. Did they say what about it failed to meet the competition's criteria?

Rock Deputy

Maybe change the placement on the shirt, but the design is solid.

skever

I agree with @Rocky Deputy, the design is awesome! But I think it would look nicer if it was smaller (not so in your face) and the placement maybe where the heart is.

If you have a moment could you please critique my design? :) Bare Essentials

zrzavymartin

I think that it's great. It's simple and imaginative. The best variant is on the left girl. I don't know why they've declined it, but I like it.

If you have a minute :-) Moravian Inspiration

silaslevi

How about the placement over the heart?

Art by Prescription

I think maybe it's just placement - the design is really good. I would suggest slightly smaller, I like it central on the tshirt best.

I'm really really stuck on mine, so if anyone has time I would appreciate any advice :-) Out of My Hair

Art by Prescription

Oh I just commented on the last version, I love the new smaller ones!

nigelpayne

i like the new placement. and the design is wicked. maybe make the heart stronger by trying closer colours like ahmetuyar suggested. blue - purple. or even pink - red?

Rock Deputy

I think it's gotten too small, though I think it would look good embroidered small on a collared shirt.

silaslevi

Thanks for all the feedback! I've made the colors bolder, now its pure magenta, cyan, and purple.

silaslevi

I've updated the placements. Maybe smaller was too small?

silaslevi

Now with a girl's color way and a boy's. How about the colors, size, and placement on this one?

pearlaceoushecticity

I like this versions the best. for size and colors. I like the red with pink bubble a lot. I would want those colors but guys cut. Something about the hair being just a little too "blocky" bothers me, personally, but no one else has mentioned that.

skever

Great improvement! :) I really like both the girls and boys colorway, if you look at it long enough, it also looks like a boy and girl kissing! (kind of, maybe it's just me..) As @pearlaceoushecticity mentioned, maybe it would be nice to add some curvature to the lower back side of the girls hair.

If you have a moment, would you critique the new version of my design? :) Bare Essentials

Rock Deputy

I'd still like to see an embroidered polo shirt version.

aksel

Fragile foundation

Admbrns

I wish you would have submitted this to Threadless Loves Simple! This is an awesome idea and use of negative space, etc.

silaslevi

Thanks @Admbms! I did submit it to Threadless Loves Simple. It was declined...

silaslevi

I mean Admbrns, thanks again.

Tinkered

Awesome use of ambiguity. I agree with one of the above statements, you shoudl submit this in threadless loves simple. :)

reddiesetgo

It's perfect as is! So clean and brilliantly simple! It's really more of a personal thing, but I'd say that the bubble on the boy version is just a tad purple-y, and maybe it'd help if it was more of the straight pink like the girl version. BUT, like I said, that's extremely minor, and I think it looks great anyway-- placement, colors, design, craftsmanship. Nicely done! :)

No account?