Close
One second...

Threadless, I have an idea for expanding your product line.

(I'll bump this when people are actually around)

So...if you check my account, there is a severe drop off in like the past couple of years. I bought a ton of shirts from 2007-2009/2010 or so and then just stopped. There are a couple reasons for this. First - I have too many shirts and I don't throw shirts out till they are holey and pit stained...sort of like a dude. Secondly, blah blah blah bitch bitch shirt quality. Have the shirts been all over the place in terms of size and thinness and whatever? Absolutely.

But beyond that, I realize that ALL of my Threadless shirts...nay...all of my COTTON shirts tend to warp along the seams. I get those weird wrinkles at the seams of my sleeves - I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about - and it just looks sloppy. But I've been wearing another type of shirt that stays perfect forever, unless you catch it on a rusty nail. It keeps its color and does not warp.

I'm talking about tech shirts, yo.

Tech shirts are the moisture wicking, compression, completely synthetic fiber shirts that athletes wear. Polyester is so not dead along with disco. That, mixed with nylon and other fibers make for an awesome variety of weaves and textures. A basic North Face tech shirt feels silky smooth against your skin, keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer and retails for like $25. It never warps or shrinks or loses its color. It's made to still work and look perfect long after we're all dead. And they're all boring as shit looking. If any of you have ever run races you know that the graphics look like absolute shit. This was the 10 miler race shirt I got this year.

Jesus Christ, Colleen, keep your personal deets off the internet.

Anyway, I'm tired of wearing either plain or atrocious tech shirts, and I never wear cotton anymore because it makes me feel like I'm slowly being choked all over my body by a weak old man when I wear it out in the summer. Capitalize on this gaping hole in the market - amazing looking tech shirts.

The end.

TL/DR: Print Threadless designs on runner's shirts, and I will start buying Threadless shirts again. No graphic designer prints on tech shirts. I just made you millions, people.

Watch this
Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

Oh, also, white tech shirts don't get pit stains.

squintygirl

You had me at no pit stains.

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

and there's a marathon or 20 in chicago. there ya go.

Chipmnk

I think they need to improve their shirts in general, but this is a pretty sweet idea. Are you sure you're willing to give this idea away without compensation?

Kookaberry

I don't know how to be compensated for this, so I guess so. Maybe I can get some free tech shirts if the idea actually comes into fruition?

SJ27

Jack: "Is that your gym bag? Aren't you a human woman?" Liz: "It's these new microfibers... they keep you dry, but it all has to go somewhere."

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

I got two tees last week, the fabric seems very nice and soft. Almost velvety. (Honestly, not just saying that).

Thomas Orrow

Also, I hardly ever see women with pit stains. I thought that was more of a man's domain.

Kookaberry

Definitely not. It's the true reason we "always have to go shopping." pit stains show up on white shirts in as little as 3 or 4 wears.

Kookaberry

Also I'm guessing that I would still sweat like a pig in that material. The commonality in us all is wanting a solid product. My own personal angle is fitness performance.

Thomas Orrow

Ah. I see. Maybe oneday Threadless will bring out a Sports range and your dreams will come true!

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

as a woman who sweats far more than a lady should, I fully support this!!

Manupix

sort of like a dude

haha!

Kookaberry

Any industrious staff working today?

Thomas Orrow

I'm not sure everybody is convinced yet, seeing as duracell posted a Seinfield video about the benefits of wearing cotton.

Tech shirts sound good, I think I might even own a polo version of one and it's real comfy! I'm not sure whether Threadless would want to change their tees completely as they've just got a bunch of new ones.

Thomas Orrow

I'm just industrious! (not staff),

I'd like to see trucker caps (even though I don't wear them), pyjamas and towels!

SJ27

Threadless should come up with some kind of ultra-tech shirt made out of recycled bottled water bottles or something, melted down into a t-shirt shape. They'd literally be threadless.

[+duracell-]

I'm sure tech shirts are wonderful. I'm just messing around. My biggest peeve is warping. See I fall asleep in my day clothes a lot. And so I have to make a conscious effort to not be to restless if I'm wearing a cheaper brand of tee, less I wake up to the dreaded torso parasail. Some brands like Carhartt.. i never have a problem with though. And they are 100% cotton. shrug

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQScUbdVVo4 But yes, thumbs up for innovation

Thomas Orrow

How about the actual cut of the tees? That's pretty important too right?

I bought an XL, but it seemed kinda big. I might try an L next, hopefully the sleeves will still be nice and long. (Sizes in Thai shops are all pretty random).

Anyways, I guess this is all theoretical as they just got rid of thousands of tees to make way for the new line. I'm pretty sure they'll read this at some point and note your concerns. Hopefully you'll even get a new sports range one day!

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Threadless underwear!

Thomas Orrow

Threadless Nike Classic trainers! Threadless canvas shoes!

Threadless Bermuda shorts! Threadless ice buckets!

Threadless duvets!

SJ27

I don't think Amy is saying they have to print everything on the tech tees. Just like, some designs. I'd say athletic designs like that bicycle design and stuff. We're expanding the line to regular tees like always, but also tech tees, like they also have tanks and polos sometimes.

No way I would buy one of these. But if they appeal to some people and you have the option, great.

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Seriously, I think Threadless can make Threadless underwear from all of those t-shirt rejects, instead of turning it into blanket.

It will be just like t-shirt, except it is underwear.

[+duracell-]

Instead of trucker hats, threadless should bring back those caps from the 80's that had the two mullet shield back flaps. You could just print the designs on the flaps.

SJ27

That'd be cool. Those hats are important if you don't want skin cancer.

We used to able to get hats like that that would have pictures of Dame Edna or Agro (a kids TV puppet character a bit like Animal from the Muppets if he had shorter brown hair) on the top and they'd scare magpies away. I'd like a Threadless cap that could prtect me from magpies.

Kookaberry

Tech shirts come in all sorts of cuts and fabrics. Some have all these strange stitched together pieces, others, like the basic North Face shirt, look and feel like very basic tees.

SJ's right, I'm not saying replace the line, but enhance it. And actually I would like NON athletic things on them, in addition to athletic related things. Infinity cycle would be great, but so would a large water color print. I want art on my tech shirts, nice art.

Kookaberry

Also, if you ever sweat ever SJ, you should want one of these. Ideally, I'd like to not own any more cotton t-shirts ever again. They're just not as comfy or durable as tech shirts.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

if there are no pit stains then how do i know if it's my shirt?

also I don't like new technology.. it smells like the future

lets take a step back and give wool another look?

Kookaberry

if there are no pit stains then how do i know if it's my shirt?

also I don't like new technology.. it smells like the future

lets take a step back and give wool another look?

Sent from my smoke signal/passenger pigeon.

Kookaberry

Eh? Guys?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I'd buy it

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

Sarcasticatbest

I'm listening.

Also over the last few years sunblock has stained the necks of a lot of my shirts. I'm gonna say tech shirts will not have this issue, even though I don't know that.

allison.spalter

i for one would love to see some dog shirts

No account?
Join Us