Close
One second...

why was this shirt printed?

I'm sorry, but threadless must be lowering standards for these 30 days of shirts...

Watch this
mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

This shirt was printed because it showcases fine illustration skills in color, layout, and linework, tells a subtle story, and to piss you off.

harrysally

i like it.. and i may not be the only one, looking to the final score

bobbyhill

are you serious? This is real good. What your gripe about it?

harrysally

sorry, looking "at" or ...whatever

stubbythumbs

give the designer some credit... two prints since he's joined threadless in august

yion072

For mezo's reasons...mostly to piss you off.

kayceislost

hahahaha i love mezo.

lemonalle

Why was this blog posted? It's boring.

nintechno
nintechno profile pic Alumni

I plan on purchasing this shirt.

Jonny Freedom

what mezo said....

...you arse

shanthrax

Blah blah blah, everyone has a shirt they don't like, must we all complain about them via blog?

davemcnasty

yeahi have to agree........this shirt is stupid.....what's the point? is there supposed to be a deeper meaning or interesting message? it looks like some old broad feeding birds. who cares. Oh and the art is mediocre.

yion072

Threadless is a multi-million dollar company. I think they know what they are doing.

Trueflight

Luckily, the blog forums have no standards to lower.

catdogpigduck
catdogpigduck profile pic Alumni

Why were you born? the earth is obviously lowering its standards for the last 30 years

evrfixedmark

you clearly are a poopsmear.

squishyfishy

no, i agree... this design is actually quite good, in my opnion, but allotof the shirts Threadless has been printing lately are quite dull and cliche...
I'm afraid this isn't what it used to be..
So many amazing desgins are submitted, yet they seem to be printing mainly crap.

squishyfishy

no, i agree... this design is actually quite good, in my opnion, but allotof the shirts Threadless has been printing lately are quite dull and cliche...
I'm afraid this isn't what it used to be..
So many amazing desgins are submitted, yet they seem to be printing mainly crap.

nadienne

davemcnasty... i have to disagree with that comment.... threadless prints alot of shirt designs that dont necessairly make sense... alot of abstract designs, alot of things left-of-center.... and it's not YOU who has to buy the shirt--- they're not forcing you, y'know? <del>squishyfish.... totally agree w/ you on the dull and cliché tip.... kinda made me saddish on how many not-so-buy worthy shirts (IMHO) were being printed, and how many were not being reprinted...

overall.... this shirt's allright. cute, but not for me.</del>

nadienne

damn strikeout! why is it striked out?! garble!

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

More like davemcdumbutt.

mongoosesrule05

This design makes me giggle. It's amusing and obviously enough people voted for it.

You like what you like.

Jexwell

it's adorable

jhicks

I like it...Plus I'm in the photo, looking awesome like usual.

fc gravy

why not?! i like this print.

machu

i like some of his other designs better... but this is still good

sarieanne

fat birds are funny.

evrfixedmark

thank you, squeege, for pointing out what no one else seems to understand.

GO OLD PEOPLE!!!!!

evrfixedmark

y'know... i just realized i need to waste less time reading the blogs of all the people bitching about this print or that print and start voting on subs more often instead.

Cap'n Jiggy

haha..wow
so many things to respond to..

"Why was this blog posted? It's boring"
You may have noticed this is my one and only use of the Threadless blog. Noone needed to respond, and I'm happy to say I dont plan on posting comments on future shirts unless, as Mezo says, an abomination of a shirt comes along to piss me off.

There are tons of threadless shirts that are too abstract or not to my particular tastes that I still fully appreciate. This shirt has a bunch of fat stupid pigeons and a little old lady feeding them.
It's a "subtle story" according to Mezo? There are pigeons. In a line. Those fed are full (note the hilarious bubbles). Those who are not yet fed appear to want the food.

Come on.

"Threadless is a multi-million dollar company. I think they know what they are doing"
That's not a good argument in defense of Threadless' quality standards. As Threadless grows, the brand itself adds value to what might otherwise be mediocre ideas. I love threadless, and almost every other shirt for the Christmas sale has been cool. But this design, while drawn ok, just isnt on par with the awesome shirts they regularly put out.

silver_

Its not a bad shirt but there are better designs that haven't been printed.
Like this one:
http://www.threadless.com/submission/94581/we_all_look_out_at_the_same_sun

It would be tragic if this doesn't get printed.

And the comment about threadless knowing what they are doing is not always true. Look at some of the designs that never get sold out. Some design are sold out really quickly.

toastyourjellyfish

i liiike it.
a lot.
it's in my cart.. and there it will remain until i get more money. or until i pressure my friends to give me stps. lol

Aaron Brown

i went to france and got an stps. oh wait. . .

theenjoisk8r

ive seen MUCH worse get printed...

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

score does not = sales. That said itll sell.

Pauls_Car

I like it too, there was a fat bird that a lot of them fed where I work.

AWorldApart

I LOVE THIS SHIRT, FUCKER!

broken.yoke

Why were you born?

Hakaidur

^Broken condom maybe?

No account?