Close
One second...

Can anyone recommend a Giclée printing service?

(Preferably on the cheaper side)

Thanks!

Watch this
EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

May want to check out a place called Mamas Sauce. There work is top notch. Not sure if they do fancy ink-jet printing or not.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

I have to say that I got a print of my Vans Design from Society6 recently and it uses a Dry Digital ink that looked clean crisp, no banding, and it looked almost like it had been screen printed. I got the Large size at cost ($28 I think). It is not the largest print they do but it was still very large. I got it for a Gallery show that I am participating in next month.

Just saying they did a great print job.

thunderpeel
thunderpeel profile pic Alumni

Thanks guys. Yeah, Society6 has done a good job on the few prints I've seen, and I should probably look into whether or not they offer any bulk discounts. My goal is to get a modest quantity of 18x24 prints at a high enough quality to sell at some local markets and shows. Specifically, I'm trying to print up some travel posters I've been working on.

bortwein

nice stuff. If you find out about a bulk discount at Society6 let us all know. I bet they just have not thought about it. I'd suggest not saying you plan to resell them even though it is probably the only reason some one would bulk order.

shikiro

hey nice poster work!!! I'm "following" you

ndough

So do i, you have a great poster work.

thunderpeel

thanks, guys!

so i inquired at society6 and here is the word on wholesale: "As a Society6 member, you receive 15% off the base price of your items, except for stretched canvases and framed art prints which you receive 10% off. The base price is displayed when you add your own items to your cart when you are logged-in.

The discount does not apply to Shipping charges, is not valid through Society6 Retail Partner stores, does not apply to other members' products, and cannot be combined with any other promotions or special offers (i.e. Free shipping).

Reduced Shipping charges are another benefit to our members who purchase wholesale. The total Shipping cost on wholesale orders is the actual price shown in your cart when placing your order of 25 or more items.

International shipping charges (all orders outside the U.S.) DO NOT INCLUDE the applicable import duties or taxes that are due upon entry into the destination country. All duties and taxes are your responsibility, and must be paid at the time of delivery."

thunderpeel

gah! i didn't copy the first part, "We offer wholesale pricing on minimum orders of 25 items or more (can be any combination of your own items). "

bortwein

nice. Thanks for the inquiry. I'm no super shopper so can anyone tell me if that is a good deal or not? It sounds reasonable.

thunderpeel

Yeah, it sounds reasonable and so far it seems comparable to the cheapest giclee printing services I've found, but with the advantage of being more flexible with the minimum order for any given design.

No account?