Ozperation submitted - thanks, all

Thanks to Rossmat8 for the title

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

Operation might be more recognisable with other, filled, holes?

mismonaut

TV needs stronger colors on the outside.

Maybe reverse it, so the upside-right tv is on the opposite end? White and yellow as the outermost colors seems really wishy-washy.

Maybe also tweak the colors. I don't know if accuracy is as desirable as "looking cool".

mismonaut

Also: you are very prolific.

Luigi Mario

Mama mia! You shoulda make a design witha me in it!

NCowick

The operation one is sooo good. That's what I came here to say. That is all.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

they're both good and don't let anybody tell you differently god dammit!

spacesick

although frickenevan had a collab with the same rainbow TV concept and I think it printed. that's all I can tell you. (it's a black thing)

spacesick

I'm drunk.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

OZperation is brilliant both the idea and the title

jerbing33
jerbing33 profile pic Alumni

like both concepts. i think the clouds on the rainbow one should be bigger tvs with the static on the screen.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

dang easy on the alcohol, nath

spacesick

sorry dude man bro! I wish somebody else could back me up. I can't remember.

• mitch gyle
spacesick

or pyle

I can't remember.

spacesick

shut up, I'm sober. you know I can't blog when I'm sober.

nathanwpyle at gmail.com
nathanwpyle at gmail.com profile pic Alumni

naw man you're totes right that it included the tv rainbow element, so i'ma put that one back in the ol cooker

jeffreyg

the reference to operation is definitely there, but looking at it with a blindeye im not sure its strong enough of a connection. can u do a version with like tweezers and a white heart to see if maybe it can push it further?

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

Operation Needed was pulled at some point, and you have a couple of the same pieces. The tweezers might be pushing it. I think if you had all Oz pieces like Toto, the oilcan, you'd be OK.

That said I've seen a couple of similar Operation parody shirts.. one by Captain Ribman with the Black Knight from Monty Python; and one with Voldemort and the pieces were Horcruxes. Tin Man with the heart has a stronger link to the game though the idea isn't that fresh to me.

nathanwpyle at gmail.com

very helpful feedback - thank you. I think I can cook up some more Oz-related pieces. I suppose if threadless rejects it on that account I could take it elsewhere.

Just an Operation parody isn't new, I agree - nor is anything tinman/heart related. My feeling is the combination's originality warrants an effort, and I think sales will back it up

soloyo

looking great so far

soloyo

are you going to keep this black and white?

The board for operation is yellow, the wizard of OZ has a yellow brick road

Just saying

bscott01

much stronger reference with the little pieces

nathanwpyle at gmail.com

HahahAaa amazing. Too good

Video poker was always more interesting to me, but overall I was just amazed by how fancy some games were

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I don't ever gamble normally. I can only do Vegas for a couple of days. I wonder around foolishly waiting for a "feeling" from one of the machines.

Anyway, back to your tee. What about making the nose a glowing emerald green instead?

jeffreyg

YES

(i am a genius!)

jeffreyg

what is the thing in his arm?

jeffreyg

ahh i thought it was a crucifix lol

Resonator

Version A,

I kinda want to see all the names on the yellow background like in the actual game. I think it would really finish it off.

Maybe add a thin border to enclose the space instead of using the wire.

Also, instead of having a almost ball like chain for the tweezers, I think it might look better to have a wire like in the game, Having the wire break the the square layout might also make the design more dynamic and interesting.

Good work so far though! Keep it up!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us