Close
One second...

Carbon: Pictures

What a bummer.

I just got my six copies of Carbon (extras for friends/family, not really gonna wear one every day of the week), and all but one of them are printed significantly off-center. It sucks, especially because these are the first Threadless shirts I've received that aren't perfect. I guess I'll ask for a refund but for obvious reasons what I really want are better-looking copies of this shirt.

I took a couple of pictures. I apologize, my hand is a shaky one. There's a bit of bleed happening on a couple of the shirts (top) but mostly they're off-center (bottom). Maybe I will just keep them, I don't know. It's a bit depressing, is all.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
TFMdesign

ouch..

can i still have one ?

gerpander

Man, that is even more off center than my Follow It. The printer should be drawn under the keel for this travesty.

little_hobbit_feet

Well, since they're planning an identical reprint, it shouldn't be a problem, but you'll be wating a bit.
I'm waiting for this one. Canada Customs sucks the big one. It shipped yesterday, so I should see it by the time I hit 40. (TWO WEEK DELAY when Customs has to charge me five bucks to handle my parcel compared to when they don't.)

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

damnit... they really messed this one up... they said they would replace them but I hav no idea when that will be

gerpander

But will the correcting reprint carry the 1st edition label?

little_hobbit_feet

Hee, was it somebody's last day when these were printed or 21st birthday the day before maybe? ;)

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

oh man, mine is in the mail....hopefully when i open my mailbox it wont be to find one of these mess-ups....how does return work out...shipping wise.....

Skipper6745
Skipper6745 profile pic Alumni

Wow, this is some kindof travesty. I've not heard this many complaints about being off-center. And it seems to be only for this shirt. Oh those screen-printers, they do like to have a good smoke now and then.

pseudonymjones
pseudonymjones profile pic Alumni

I suppose you ought to get youself one of those envelopes lined with bubble wrap (they sell them for like a dollar at all sorts of drug stores and conveniece stores) or you can get one of the official type ones from the post office (though those are more expensive). Every order comes with a sheet explaining the return form you'll need to fill out, along with an address sticker that you can just slap onto the envelope. Take it all to the post office and they'll probably weigh it and charge you for postage. Threadless says they'll reimburse you for shipping costs. From the return policy:

"If you received the wrong item or if the item is defective, we will reimburse you for the cost of shipping the item back to us. Please include your invoice with the return."

But then again maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and your shirt will be fine. Here's hoping. Because I want people to wear my shirt.

gerpander

But you could use the envelope it was posted in the first place as a return, as it's sturdy enough. And what's a t-shirt going to do, break up in a cardboard envelope?

littlem

maybe.

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

ughhhh...go to the post office....that would mean leaving the house..............and actually conversing with real people........
who has the time for that, i've got shirts to design, and blogs to wri.....oh wait nevermind

pseudonymjones

Hah, I couldn't send it back in this envelope. Not without an extreme amount of duct tape application. At some point, it will cease to be an envelope and will commence being a big ball of tape.

gerpander

What? All my envelopes I've received have been squeaky clean and smelling of roses.

pseudonymjones

Naw, I just tore the heck outta mine when I opened it.

pseudonymjones

It still smells rosy though.

redsugar

Weird! Mine's off center the other way. The printer must really have been stoned.

I'll post a picture of mine on my thread...

Do you know, if you request an exchange, do you have to pay for outbound shipping again?

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

the one i recieved was even more off centered then the one in the picture you took... and there was a square burn line. but oh well, at least here at threadless you can return a product if you arent satisifyed with it, and get store credit of a refund. when the shirt is reprinted properly, i will def. be buying one.

to those who want to know about the shipping thing... i went to one of those "pack and save" places today to have it packaged and shipped. it only cost me 3bucks so it isnt that big of a deal.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

redsugar this is the email i got from threadless...

"It looks like our printer messed up the entire batch of the We are Made of
Carbon Tees. If you send back the shirt we will give you a refund for it and we
will reimburse the shipping cost to send it back."

you are reimbursed for sending it back.

margolove

wow.. the entire batch? Mine's perfectly centered, guess I just got really lucky. I feel reallly bad for everyone who got one that was misprinted...

TFMdesign

i still think you should give me a defective one..

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

maybe they could sell the defects for 8bucks or something.

gerpander

Or give them to the homeless bums.

TFMdesign

or give one to me..

gerpander

If I had a maladjusted print in Threadless, I'd be happy to give the defects to bums and homeless people. At least they're not trendwhores.

TFMdesign

a trend whore bum, hey all the have to do is buy a pair of old jeans and a fadded tee shirt form the thrift store for a dollar and BAM they got hollister.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

..that would make them trendy bums or scene bums

retroceso

please say that it's not for all shirts please. i couldnt take it if mine was like that

Experiment

Argh.. I didnt even notice that mine was off-center until I saw this blog. Mine's maybe an inch over too far to the left. I'd return it, but I'm lazy. :P

pseudonymjones

I would love to see a bunch of homeless people wearing We Are Made of Carbon t-shirts.

carolthesecond

I'm looking and looking at your top picture and cannot figure out where the bleeding is. I guess that's what happens when you don't know what bleeding looks like. Am I missing something?

Also, what exactly are burn lines?

Skipper6745
Skipper6745 profile pic Alumni

Yea, I was wondering what was wrong in the first picture as well.

hi-fi gods

hey how did you submit your flower/power picture?

i ahve one, and i want to submit it.

-Chris

ichthyologist

Erm, perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology. It's hard to tell mainly because it's a bad picture but the light green doesn't quite match up with the rest of the colors, leaving white spaces around the edges.

ichthyologist

Oh, and you can submit a flower/power picture under 12 Month Club.

pseudonymjones

Hah. Oops. Was playing around with usernames.

hi-fi gods

i'm not a member of the club though

so there's no upload picture thing....

i got flower/power through the threadless shirt exchange.

-Chris

pseudonymjones

Hey! We Are Made of Carbon was Threadless's 300th shirt!

hi-fi gods

wooo! congrats on the big 3-0-0

and thanks a bunch for helping me!

-Chris

superpink

I don't want to sound stupid but what's the Threadless shirt exchange?

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

a place where you can exchange threadless shirts with other members who want to exchange their shirts.

littlem

I'm homeless.
or maybe just homely.

arivalintango

I really liked that one when I saw it the first time.
Mind blower.
Or mind bowler.
Strike.

jonathanbull

That really is a cockup.

TFMdesign

i still think you should give me one

deathberry

Mine has bleeding all over the place. The tree, the dinosaur, the grey bird, the 6 and C, they all have white along the edges. But regardless of the bleeding, the print is centered. And I've already washed it (I got overly excited and washed it so it'd fit better), therefore I doubt I can return it now. :[

PatShat

I have really been disappointed with the quality of printing on some of my threadless tees. Quality is key! I think they need to find a better printer.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us