Close
One second...

EXCITING NEWS ABOUT THE TEES WE PRINT ON!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Nov 21, 2006
  • 385 Comments

Since Threadless has started, we've always been less than 100% satisfied with the tees we've printed on. Some people really like how American Apparel is cut, some like Fruit of the Loom better. Some people like Fruit's weight better, some people like AA better. We've spent the last 18 months checking out some of the best tees on the planet and still remained dissatisfied with our options. The decision was made to start looking into creating our own private-label tees!

Over the past 6 months, we've been working with a Los Angeles-based manufacturer to create a Threadless-specific tee shirt. These shirts are based on our experience as a tee shirt company, and the feedback we've gotten from our community since the beginning of Threadless. Imagine a tee that is less boxy than a Fruit of the Loom, but not as skinny as an American Apparel. Imagine a tee whose fabric is softer than American Apparel but not as thin. Are you starting to get the picture? Isn't this exciting?! On our end, the advantages of this are endless. We can guarantee that all of the colors we get aren't re-dyed, allowing us to add printing processes like discharge to our abilities full-time. We can guarantee that we have a color palette of 20-colors available to us at all times. The possibilities for customization are endless. Plus, we can adjust specifications based upon feedback from the community. Our private-label manufacturing will be producing all garments for us including Guys, Girls, Kids, Longsleeves, and Hoodies! After 6 successful years working with suppliers and middlemen, it's time to cut the cord and go direct to the source!

One important logistical issue that we'd like to point out is that there will be a period of time where we'll have a mixture of the older-style tees and the new-style tees available at the same time. We will make it 100% clear which tee you're buying on the product page until the transition is complete. We hope everyone loves these new tees as much as we do. We're so confident that you will! To get things rolling with this, we'll be releasing one special tee tomorrow using our new tees! Keep your eye out for that!!

From there we're going to be rolling out Girly tees in the new style in right around the new year, while the Guys stock is being produced. Kids and Guys should launch around the same time. We'll keep you guys posted with all the details!

Yay!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
shirtflirt

stop rocking so hard.

yion072

I heart threadless tee!!!

Nodus

Hot stuff.

Legoman

THat sounds freaking FANTASTIC!

Westwood

Woot!

yion072

P.S. How much are these super special tees going to be?

Legoman

That must be the i love threadless thign i nthe song perhaps?

ladykat

as long as the girly tees are fitted and have the shorter sleeves, i'm sure i'll be happy.

er... but what about sweatshops? i rather like that the AA tees i buy aren't made in sweatshops.

dragana44

I hope the girly tees will still fit tight, not loose like f of the l tees, or ill have a problem... I'm tiny and even girly smalls dont fit as tight as you might think...

little g

has stroke!

Awesome!!

Will we need to re asses our sizes now? Like will I still be a Girly XL?!

ASLO can we design in more then 4 colors now?!?!?!?!!!?!11

bananaphone

awesome! this is such a great piece of news.

taz-pie

i must say i am pretty excited. yay!

Legoman

well i hope the fit is still tight :) i cant wait to see the new tees

Westwood

Yeah are the sizes still about the same?

tracerbullet

er... but what about sweatshops? i rather like that the AA tees i buy aren't made in sweatshops.

Joe will personally sew every new shirt

GallyAl

I often wondered why you didn't make your own..now I need wonder no longer! I'll sleep easier tonight! Woohoo!

Luke...

sounds great guys, you are more than welcome to use one of my designs to test out them new tees....hahahaha

ladykat

Joe will personally sew every new shirt

oh. that's okay then.

XD

miss mraz

yessssssssss

melhel86

sweet. Maybe less shrinkage issues.

Tongue

Heres to 100% cotton and no polyester mix???

realslimnatey

strokes <del>with</del> genee

Legoman

Great ive never tried an AA but i do love the FOTL :)

i carnt spel

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! congrats guys

realslimnatey

do you guys have measurements for them already!?

jessifuzaki

Yay hooray :D cannot wait till tomorrow!!

realslimnatey

nvmd, the comments are coming in so fast i didnt see that one up there about the sizes

davidd

the prices aren't going up are they?

realslimnatey

completely sweat shop free right!? if not, my cousins need a job

lightdarkness

Yea, tell us if there is gonna be a price increase please!

little g

What abotu the 4 color question?!

stubbythumbs

AA also had some shady scanal stuff too... especially with the CEO of the company.

Stevethegreat

why would there be more color inks?

OlliRudi

whooohoo! i'm very happy about this.

Stevethegreat

they don't screen 'em differently.

Legoman

Little g i think the same printer is still printing them just now they make the own shirts so perhaps still 4 colours?

Mikko Terva

hooray for threadless, this is big news to us customers.

No more AA sleeves! YAH!!!!

Tongue

Price increase....lol...doubt it.....heres to threadless reaching greater margins....they are a business after all.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
No account?