Close
One second...

We’re hosting a Tee Upcycling Worldwide Meetup

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Apr 09, 2012
  • 13 Comments

A few weeks ago we removed thousands of tees from inventory because they weren’t up to our quality standards. Rather than just throw the discarded tees in a landfill, we’ve been coming up with ways to use them in fun and useful ways. Since we’re coming up on Earth Day, we thought we’d start with some super green projects!

On Thursday, April 26th we’ll be hosting a Tee Upcycling Worldwide Meetup! Along with hosting right here at Threadless HQ in Chicago, we invite all of you to find a place where you can gather and make cool new stuff out of old tees!

Here’s how it works: Choose a place and time for your city’s meetup on April 26th. If you have at least 8 people RSVP’d by this Friday, April 13th*, send a request with your address and a link to your meetup page to community@threadless.com and we’ll send you a DIY Meetup Kit filled with the tees we pulled from inventory, DIY instructions, and a few extra prizes. (This event will be BYOSSR - Bring your own scissors, safety pins, and rulers.)

On the day, remember to post comments and photos! We can wait to see how creative you get with your projects! Use #threadlessupcyle. We’ll check out the photos and award one lucky Meetup a $25 gift code for each attendee. So grab your pals, scissors, and cameras so your Meetup can score more Threadless swag!

Check out our Meetup page to get started planning your event!

*INTERNATIONAL FOLKS - Try to get your requests in as soon as possible as we know customs can sometimes be tricky!

Watch this
bscott01

I was wondering what you were going to do with all of that sub par inventory. Great work Threadless

Braniel

awesome idea!

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

I'd consider this but there's no way anything would reach me by April 26th.

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

awesome!

jesshanebury
jesshanebury profile pic Staff

Hey Bramish, if you would like to participate in some way but don't think the kit would get there in time, we can send you the remake instructions via email and you can have your guests bring their own tees!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Hey Jess! If you guys have any extra tees you don't need you can send them my way, i'm fabricating some prosthetic sockets for my amputees that have threadless designs super-laminated in them. Normally they just pick some random pattern of fabric but the tees would be cool.

Mountain Gnome

Any Dutch locals interested in this?

reamyj

Awesome! I'm trying to get a group together in Brisbane, Australia. Stat!

spgmania

I want to organize a group for Guadalajara, Jalisco, México... what are the steps to follow here!? I'm very, very interested....

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Cool - I'll see if I can round up some interest then...

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff
1 design submitted -

A couple quick shots from last night...

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

twas fun.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

a lot of fun

No account?
Join Us