Rainbow Classics - SkinnyStats

Last time I submit this. I swear!
Click on the picture to score:

First sub stats:

Second sub stats:

click here for a closer view on the design

NEW VERSION

I'll try to make a process blog with my ** english. I'll spare you all the details and I'll try to be quite synthetic.

1. THE RAINBOW

First of all I scanned a Vinyl (600 dpi). That one was Scarlatti's "32 Harpishord Sonatas"

I played on the levels on Photoshop to have a sharp and contrasted picture of the grooves. By using the tool "Color range", I isolated only the black stripes of the picture. I Used "Color Overlay" to make it completly white.

I drew the 6 stripes and colorized them with vintage rainbow colors. I putted the white grooves layer on the stripes ( see the animated gif bellow)

I added textures on the bold black stripe around the label.

2. THE CLOUDS

I took some pictures of the sky on a cloudy day. Desaturation on Photoshop, and then I used the same technique as for the grooves:
"Color Range" with White . Then I organised the cloud pictures to hide the whole bottom of the design to make the Lp fly. I also added some clouds with a created Photoshop brush.

3. THE FAKE LABEL

I scanned a blank white Lp label(600 dpi) .
Corected the levels to have a great contrasted label, and added distressed textures.

Now I wanted to make it look like a vintage label so I had to create some fake companies logos, What i've done with "Spectrum RECORDS" and "Rainbow Music" . Rainbow Music was entirely created on Photoshop, and Spectrum RECORDS was thought and traced first with a drawing pencil and then with a black pen on paper. I Scanned it and retraced it on Photoshop.

I added some details as "Stereo" or the copyright infos, and added some birds flying through the clouds. Every text and logos on this label were textured manually with the eraser tool.

4. FINAL RENDER (FIRST VERSION)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

@ Ragnampiza .. I think I prefer it like just like that. Adding text make it looks kind of fake

micheleficeli

That's ok. If you still want to add some text, i'd suggest to go with some fonts and do something that looks like a real vinyl (just search for some images of vinyls to get what i mean). Just my two cents. Other than this, i think it's ready to go.

EN AJUSTES

I liked the type too. And also, you could try adding the song tracks. Of course, all of them should be rainbow related, like Rolling Stones - "She's a rainbow".

micheleficeli

hmmm...The ones i have in mind right now are:

Skydreamers or skywishes (or just wishes) or sky dream

heaven recordings ( a bit religious...)

Basically i'd try to mix these words: wish, cloud, sky, dream (maybe), sound

Search for vinyl labels on the web for more inspiration.

Mosquito88

fuck this is awesome

raspail

awesome

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Those fake accounts who score nothing but zeros are going to have a field day with this.

I will 5&$ it. It will print.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

yeah this is ready for sub!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us