Close
One second...

Weight Loss Thread

I'm having another hard spell lately trying to get this weight off... I need some encouragement and some ideas. I seem to be stuck at 265.

What are your weight loss secrets? Any suggestions?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
kayceislost

I have finally started to lose the weight I've been trying to lose.

Ive started to go to the gym with friends, and just all around watch what I eat, which is kind of easier now because most of the food at my dining halls are nasty.

I am still aiming for 145 though.

mindtrance

I watch what I eat and I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio about 3-5 times a week, and lifting lift weight, high reps about the same. I just keep going back and forth between 265-270.

kayceislost

i have that problem a lot too. i dont lose weight very easily at all.

good luck :)

SquidWrangler1

I had the same problem, when you plateau off it gets very discouraging. Don't give up man! you'll get there. I dropped from 230 to 175, but it was a bitch getting there

mindtrance

Squid - how long did it take you?

I was 285 and I'm at 267 right now. I'm aiming for 220 or below.

kayceislost

i was 170 and aiming for 145. but i am already pretty muscular so its hard.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

slow back the weights and run more?

coolchika

I heard that when you try to lose wheight that theres a time frame that your wheight doesn;t change but later you will start to lose wheight again.

SquidWrangler1

It took me about eight months, the hard part for me has been maintaing

littlem

try to increase your cardio by 5 or 10 minutes per session.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

mindtrance ... d3d may be right if youre building up muscle youre not goign to lose weight cause it weighs more than fat .. so if you want to drop teh pounds before you toughen the rest up run more eat less ..

mindtrance

I guess lately I've been depressed about it.

I keep thinking how and why did I let myself get this way to begin with. I can feel the REAL me under what I want to lose... it's like it's not meant to be here.

I just wish it would go away damnit!

littlem

don't stop the weight lifting. it actually helps burn the fat.
try not to be concerned about that weight level. i think you just need to challenge yourself a tiny bit more...little by little. you may be shedding inches, without realizing.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

just keep kicking arse man. you've done well so far.

Joyfulfall

Are you watching what you eat or how much you eat?

Don't skip meals, drink lots of water.

I'm a vegetarian and i'm having a tough time gaining weight, so maybe that's your answer.

mindtrance

I watch what I eat yes, no fast food, soda, beer or junk food. Smaller portions than normal, eating 5 times a day (small amounts) and drinking about half the water I need. hehe.

kayceislost

only half the water you need? i drink about twice the water i need a day. haha

Joyfulfall

Oh wow, you really know what you're doing.

littlem

everything you're doing sounds great!
hang in there and try the increased cardio!

mindtrance

yea I think I need to just do more cardio.

I started taking triflex sport from GNC because my knees started to crack and pop up/down stairs. It made it stop, but some days I feel like I'm 60.

remenisi

walking = weight loss
running = burning sugar

do both.

littlem

haha, well, our knees take a beating, so we need to care for them any way we can:)

mindtrance

I'd post some before pictures but they would make most people vomit.

littlem

aww, no worries!

littlem

*gets barf bag ready

heheehe

mindtrance

You can see where my waist is supposed to be, it's like I'm 2x my normal size. (sorry for you seeing my dong shot)

This was 2 months ago when I was 15 lbs heavier.

remenisi

right now, i suggest swimming.

mindtrance

I was swimming about twice a week and doing cardio about 3 times a week. The pool is under repair. YMCA for the win.

Joyfulfall

How about hot yoga? Its done in a heated room, and i know some people who quit their gym after going to a few sessions.

Its pretty effective.

mindtrance

interesting... they have a sauna there that's pretty small and in the men's locker room but I don't know about hot yoga. I love the damn sauna, I could sleep in there all day.

It's good for meditation too.

yeahwellalright

I've lost nearly 40lbs but it wasn't exactly in the healthiest way. I've still got loads to lose but I'm optimistic. I've been to fat camp 3 times and I can't wait to go back and be one of the skinny campers! haha

Good luck to you!

mindtrance

you know the weirdest thing of it all? Every girlfriend I've ever had has been beautiful and tiny. I don't get it.

small Chicks dig big dudes I guess.

yeahwellalright

In contrast, I think fat girls like skinny guys. I certainly do....

mindtrance

most of the girls I've dated say they feel safe with a big guy. If they only realized that I'm a lover and not a fighter :P

Daniel San

I just don't eat, or only eat apples, for a week.

Noobits

keep going mindtrance, dont get discouraged. The fact that you have lost so much is obvious you are succeding in a big way.
Yoga is awesome. keeps you fit and flexy and strengthens your core muscle areas. if you do the muscle stuff you also need the flexibility, otherwise the muscle is of little use to you.

Noobits

keep going mindtrance, dont get discouraged. The fact that you have lost so much is obvious you are succeding in a big way.
Yoga is awesome. keeps you fit and flexy and strengthens your core muscle areas. if you do the muscle stuff you also need the flexibility, otherwise the muscle is of little use to you.

mindtrance

okay I have a question for you healthy people.

Stretching.

My hamstrings are so tight on a constant basis that it causes pain in my lower back and everywhere else basically. I try and stretch it out but it never seems to help.

Noobits

Yoga will help that. it teaches you to do the stretches the right way and it is non competitive so you do what you can and build up on that untill you can do the more difficult things

remenisi

do squats w/o weights, go down slowly with a straight back. stop when it slightly hurts.

Noobits

oh i forgot always stretch or do some yoga AFTER you do the muscle stuff. otherwise the muscles will just contract after a heavy workout causing inflexability.

snittleface

appreantly i am on the break up diet.

you could try that... i don't suggest it.

emmy.withwings

'I'm a vegetarian and i'm having a tough time gaining weight, so maybe that's your answer."

haha, I've put on over 20lbs since going full vegetarian (over several months)

15lbs is awesome! Remember not to be too strict on yourself or to 'punish' yourself for not reaching goals/for eating 'bad' food etc. Instead reward yourself whenever you reach a goal or are doing exceptionally well. It sounds pretty stupid but I've found it important.

Stretching? hmm have you tried using thoe big excercise balls? Theyre gentle and can be very thorough if you use them effectively. Also pilates classes usually incorperate great leg stretches.

mindtrance

I'm on the break up diet and that doesn't help either :P

mindtrance

snittle: nice ink btw.

yeahwellalright

It's hard to go at it alone. Do your have a portly friend you can go to the gym with or just have them call you and remind you how fantastic you are and that you should get off your booty? :)

mindtrance

I think I am the portly friend... hahaha... I need a bunch of hot women to work out with me!

broken.yoke

"portly friend"
oh geeze.

yeahwellalright

haha, it's my favorite adjective.

Have you seen Heavyweights? Portly adolescents.

Lunch has been canceled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it.

mindtrance

I think I should do one of those weight loss reality shows... if I had a trainer kicking my ass and all day to work out, i'd be like 190 lbs in a month :P

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us