Close
One second...

Jennifer Lawrence

Ok so apparently Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely nothing like the characters she plays.

She's a little odd and has a habit of saying the first thing that comes into her head.

She's kind of awesome.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
stubby43

She's had a few minor roles in major movies here and there like she was Mystique in x-men first class and she was the lead in winters bone which was a drama.

Now shes the lead in the hunger games.

Twiggyhall

All I know is if I looked like she did in that red Calvin Klein dress, I would date myself

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

yeah she seems cool. and is a babe.

[+duracell-]

She is like 1000x hotter as a brunette

stubby43

I cant decide, the only photos of her with brown hair are overly photoshoped.

nasmo
nasmo profile pic Alumni

There's also an obscure little indie movie where she's a brunette that just came out. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I freaking love her.

Also, I love how everyone hate blonds now. It's super awesome.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

She seems like a genuinely cool person.

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Wasn't she on The Bill Engvall show? Oh wait nobody watched that

nasmo
nasmo profile pic Alumni

Remember that time somebody thought it would be a good idea to give Bill Engvall his own show?

That was weird.

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

hubba hubba and +1 brunette wins for her look imo

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

[+duracell-] on Mar 28 '12 at 6:19pm She is like 1000x hotter as a brunette

I don't know...I don't think hair color defines her hotness at all...

stubby43

She has an incredibly expressive face.

also

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

That's some serious facial control

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

she doesn't do much for me so far, but i do like her better brunette.

littlem

she seems fun. and breasts.

SuperRyan

She's only 14

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Is she related to Matthew, Joey, and whatever the other brother in that one show was named?

SuperRyan

She's 21. She is younger than me. Jeez.

SuperRyan

She was on the Bill Engvall Show. Then she was Oscar nominated.

what the

littlem

she's related to fishburne

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

Ok so apparently Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely nothing like the characters she plays.

she's a good actor. she's also pretty young. so it makes sense. she's cool. jennifer lawrence appreciation.

littlem

jLaw

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

she used to have a little now she has a lot.

jublin

I just want her to be my friend.

(if you know what I mean)

jublin

like we'd hang out at the mall and goof around and then get Mexican food and margaritas before hitting up a movie.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

I didn't think she was anything special from the previews but now I do because I like girls who make crazy faces so I guess I'd go out with her if her agent called to set up a date or something

SJ27

That brunette hair cost The Hunger Games producers 30 grand. Good investment in my opinion and chump change for the third biggest movie opening ever.

But I do wonder if the John Carter producers put Taylor Kitsch in a 30 grand series of wigs before just deciding to go with the Riggins hair. That'd be a shitty waste of cash they'll never get back.

I don't know if I think she's pretty but she is the number one "adorkable" celebrity right now. She feels genuine and real, not like the mugging, bug-eyed schtick of Zooey Deschanel.

Oh hey, my hipster iPhone autofilled Zooey and Deschanel for me, thanks Apple!

stubby43

Its a wig? wow.

As for John Carter I heard the production just bled money and no one turned around and said hey guys maybe we should stop spending.

Agreed on the adorkable front, I like zooey but all of that side of her personality is part of her act and her brand, Jennifer Lawrence on the other hand tends to take dramatic roles and when she did do comedy such as x-men it was limited and was mainly sarcastic one liners which seems like a far cry from her personality.

The adorkableness is more of a bonus than what she's actually famous for.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

I remember when you guys used to creepily blog about ME like this :(

SJ27

I don't know if they used a wig in filming because they did dye her hair. They actually needed six different wigs to test for colour because she didn't want to dye her hair multiple times if they got it wrong. It wouldn't surprise me though if it was because the braid is kind of a big deal.

That girl is perfect Zooey.

stubby43

I just want to fit in.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

I just saw Hunger Games so I know who she is now. I thought she was super attractive in that but none of these photos do anything for me.

stubby43

I still haven't seen it, might be going tomorrow.

Still think shes awesome, though she is going to be in an xmen first class sequel, the first film was average so I'm not that confident about the next one.

Bramish

Wait for the DVD - it's a bit rubbish.

I loved X-Men First Class

SJ27

X-Men First Class was great. I hope they do Civil Rights in the next one, although that might lay the allegory on a bit thick. There's bits in the previous X-Men films (Iceman's parents saying "Have you tried not being a mutant?" Beast saying "You didn't ask, so I didn't tell") that really heavily equate mutants with current gay rights stuff and it's a bit jarring. But I still hope they do it. Darwin died way too early in the last one. It was like a typical 60s film where the black guy dies first, except in a 2010s movie set in the 60s which wasn't a great look.

stubby43

Well I've read all of the books and I wanted to see it when it came out but I was broke so I'll probably still see it.

As for x-men, it had moments when it was strong but the thing that annoyed me was that Emma Frost was completely under used. She's a mutant with powers similar to mind control, she could have made Sebastian Shaw do/believe anything instead she's completely subservient to him.

I would have loved a story line where she's the one who's secretly in control, playing master puppeteer but Shaw starts to get confused, starts to believe that not everything he's seeing is completely true. He becomes irrational and unhinged and decides to build the helmet that blocks out her powers.

Suddenly Frosts control over Shaw is gone and she'd have motivation to betray him.

Bramish

Ah, well as with all the X-Men movies I watched it without comparing them to the comics, of which I have only limited knowledge. It was a solid, well-paced action movie.

stubby43

Oh I have almost no knowledge of the comic books either, I just thought it would have made the movie better.

SJ27

You can't have Emma betray Shaw because that takes agency away from Magneto and his decision to betray Charles and take the path of revenge. The movie's really about Charles and Erik. Emma's motivations aren't really relevant.

SJ27

This just came up on my ffffound. I really love the natural feel of this whole shoot [here] she does seem really down to Earth.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Oh wait, that's Jennifer Coolfridge!

SJ27

Wow they should have cast Jennifer Lawrence in that one movie instead of Hilary Duff.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us