Close
One second...

babies

burningbaby.gif was here

everyday I thank allah for my lack of babies.

my current baby count is 0 and I fully intend to keep it that way.

how many babies do you have? do you have none and want some? do you have many and want less?

let's talk about babies.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
gumbolimbo
gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

have none and want even less

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Them's good eatin'

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

My girlfriend claims to be a rare breed with no desire of having kids. I say until she passes the high water mark of 30-32 that she's a ticking time bomb of hormones and will be treated kindly and delicately like the potentially life destroying baby maker that she might yet be.

Having said that every time I step out on to the street and witness the legions of idiot people breeding like germs I wonder if it isn't my duty to address the balance somehow with my slightly less stupid sperm.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

ahaha, steve posted what I was gonna post

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

i don't want my own babies. however, in a little over a month, i'm gonna be an uncle for the first time, and i'm looking forward to that.

mostly because once i get bored or annoyed or a diaper needs changing, i can just give it back to my sister.

tracerbullet

it's because there's a sale

tracerbullet

and also because canada

badbasilisk
badbasilisk profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

so ...

... you people dislike babies ...

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

Babies are adorable

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

AH FUCK

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

Serious question:

Is it selfish to not want children? Given that the closet thing we have to 'the meaning of life' is to reproduce?

The problem with this is I can think of plenty of moral reasons NOT to have babies, but I can't think of even one moral reason TO have babies. (Not that I let something as stupid as morals dictate my life.)

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

I'm one of those people who didn't want babies but when my girlfriend (now wife) got pregnant we decided to go for it. Now I have two kids and it's been amazing.

I do think people who never have kids are missing out on an extraordinary part of life.

However, I was 27 when this happened and felt like I was responsible enough to handle it and not feel like I had missed out on anything. My parents were teenagers when they had me and I can't even imagine doing that.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Babies are like farts - your own are alright but other peoples repulse you.

My girlfriend loves babies and wants them asap. I'd like kids in a couple of years but could quite happily bypass the baby stage - nothing about that appeals to me, but I like kids.

Right now I reckon I'd be a terrible dad.

tracerbullet

i want a puppy

tracerbullet

i currently have a cat, but i think i'm ready to have a puppy once i live in a place that allows dogs.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

no more then 2.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

I love kids, and take care of a bunch of them every week. However, I don't want any of my own.

But knowing my habits I probably will make some accidents.

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

I do think people who never have kids are missing out on an extraordinary part of life.

Yep I can totally see this. At some point I'll probably regret never having children.

littlem

tesco on Mar 20 '12 at 9:29am Serious question:

Is it selfish to not want children?

no! there are so many people that have children when they SHOULDN'T have children.

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

I don't get to have babies.

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

I'm cool with babies, better with them once they can talk and muck about and have fun with. I think my brain basically works on a kid's level. I'm good at explaining things to kids without being patronising and I enjoy kid's company as much as adults and I don't get tired of playing about easily. I'm also cool with the fact I have none right now. But I'd be happy to be a dad in the future. I have a God daughter who's ridiculously cute and i'll be an uncle soon.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

I will probably be the one having jeff's accidents

Torakamikaze

but anywho, I like kids. I have a niece and two nephews and theyre pretty rad. Kids are cool cause you can play spiderman with them and shit. Babies terrify me though. Im always scared of breaking them. Not to mention theyre filthy and dont know shit about spiderman. I'd like to have kids, but man.... babies. I dont know, man.

littlem

UGH! the gifs in this blog are so disturbing! shame on you guys! hahha

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

some kids are cool, some are dicks. just like real people I suppose. my mate's son is great, 9 years old and much, much cleverer than me (which isn't hard, but still)

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

ok I'm going to delete the burning baby gif

PogoLightning

i'd love to have kids.

i agree that it'd be a part of life that i wouldn't want to miss out on.

plus, i want to be a crazy dance mom. jk jk. but really. jk.

citizen rifferson
citizen rifferson profile pic Alumni

those gifs will haunt me forever..

I have a "never say never" attitude to the whole thing, right now the last thing on my mind is having kids, and its never really been a goal of mine to have any, but if i meet the right girl and settle down and all that stuff then who knows, I might change my mind.

Torakamikaze

this blog just isnt the same without burning baby gif

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Man, I should have saved that gif

citizen rifferson
citizen rifferson profile pic Alumni

or we could make a new one, who's got a spare baby to burn?

littlem

hahahaaa

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

The burning doll wasn't the problem it's that fucking superryan bastard gif that's burnt into my retinas.

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

I cant wait to have a kid or two one day, to be able to show them the awesome stuff the world can hold, to teach them about life and to have a new best friend that you will always love :3

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

here's a fact for your fact books:

The influence of women only went so far. The paterfamilias had the right to decide whether to keep newborn babies. After birth, the midwife placed babies on the ground: only if the paterfamilias picked it up was the baby formally accepted into the family.

If the decision went the other way, the baby was exposed – deliberately abandoned outside. This usually happened to deformed babies, or when the father did not think that the family could support another child. Babies were exposed in specific places and it was assumed that an abandoned baby would be picked up and taken a slave

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

^talking about ancient rome, btw

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

great!

Robsoul

Robsoul

fuckin fuck

littlem

those babies look deformed. put them outside!

Torakamikaze

Who let Rob on the internet?

shirtflirt

what up cb.

it's impossible to describe what it's like having kids. i grew up an only child and didn't ever consider raising them. never was around them. never communicated with them. didn't know them. and while, one is 4 now and one is 2.5, i can't say that i 'know" kids any better nor is it any easier to describe the experience.

it's like describing what it's like being submerged in water without the fear of immediately drowning; it's blissful, intense, quiet at times, weird noises at others but until you're there ya don't really know what it's like.

and what's funnier is that every comment here from people who said they don't want kids, i've thought that very same thing, probably many times over many years.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us