My 40th Sub -- LAST DAY TO SCORE!

UPDATE!

Details:

Watch this
toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Carnage is one of my all time favorite super-villains.

Do you remember the Doppelganger?

micheleficeli

Really like the idea here, but maybe a bit more of color just to distinguish them from a distance would not waste. Great work!

toopersent

Just saying, he was part of the story line, you could add him.

deep space monkey
deep space monkey profile pic Alumni

Thanks fellas!

Oh yeah I remember the doppleganger! Personally I liked the three(compositionally anyways), but maybe a fourth???

@ragnampiza I hear you, I think I'll need to redraw my shadows... something about it just isn't 100%

toopersent

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I was just flexing my Maximum Carnage/Infinity Wars knowledge to try and make you like me.

Did it work?

toopersent

Also, are there any copyright issues here?

deep space monkey

hahahaha! if you had the game on genesis we can be friends!

I think I danced around the fiery circle of copyright infringement without getting burned...

micheleficeli

If you really want to add another one you could add the black spiderman, but maybe it's too similar to venom, or add some of the spidey from different ages, as the noir version or the 2099 version, but i'll just leave it up to three.

deep space monkey

Yeah... at one point I was going to do as many as I could think of—black suit, spider girl, the one with the ripped blue shirt(may have been 2099?), ultimates, etc... but then settled on the three.

I figured non-fans at least know who venom is, and anyone who read a comic book during the 90s knows who carnage is

toopersent

2099 Spidey was soooooo lame.

toopersent

And I DID have the game on genesis, but I no longer have the system anymore. Sadface.

deep space monkey

i think all the 2099's were kinda lame, right?

I didn't even really read any of them–I just remember having the trading cards(big dork confession)

toopersent

I mean, it started off with X-men and Hulk, which featured a 2099 spidey before Spidey got his own 2099 series. But it quickly went downhill (Ghost Rider 2099 anyone?) I remember Warren Ellis' early work involved one of the only interesting plots in the 2099 universe in which Dr. Doom comes back (as Victor Von Doom) and takes over the US. Everything else pretty much sucked.

toopersent

Yes, in a somewhat ridiculous storyline, Eddie Brock (after the Venom symbiote leaves his body) goes to work in a soup kitchen where some guy heals him of his cancer (spoiler alert: Brock had cancer). He gets attacked by the new Venom, who tries to leave his current host and bond with Brock again, only it can't because of some silly story plot. Anyway, what was left of the Venom symbiote in Brock's body bonds with his enhanced white blood cells and voila, Anti-Venom.

Pish posh, I say.

deep space monkey

I came across an image of that thing while I was looking for ideas... it was kind of stuff like that, that made me decide classic spidey only for this design.

Plus, I must confess—I haven't read a straight-up comic book in a very long time, as I got older I lost interest in the collecting(and mainly buying of individual comics) and turned to trade paperbacks of graphic novels so I could just get the story all at once

toopersent

I really cant tell the difference between either of the 4

deep space monkey

ahahahaha!!! I really can't either...

i don't think it'll be B or D though, i think those white glows will just look weird

A or C???

micheleficeli

I don't mind the white glows (that took me a bit to see), but maybe would look better on a tee without them. I can't tell the difference between A and C, probably because we're on the web? Maybe try make the outlines of the spidey in a dark blue instead of black.

deep space monkey

new ones!

took out the white, i might try that blue outline...

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Araneus would have been a cool genus name, since Arachnida includes scorpions, mites, ticks, as well as spiders, but I'm probably one of the only people who will quibble about taxonomic nomenclature.\

Also, i thought Spidey 2099 was pretty cool, but I was like 10. I had the first ~20 issues.

deep space monkey

Thanks bio-bot! I ended up going with Arachnida because I figured most people would get it—araneus would probably fly over some heads, haha!

MORE DETAILS:

quister
quister profile pic Alumni

Very cool bump ;)

Maybe put up a link on your scoring page leading to bigger pictures? The detail is so great here and gets a bit lost in the sub.

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

Since this one didn't score well, maybe you can submit again with just a big spidey as the design to simplify it and give it more mass appeal. Great work though.

deep space monkey

Thanks Ian!

I might just have to do that....

No account?
Join Us