Close
One second...

Dragonborn

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ibeenthere

This is a new concept I'm working on, Inspired by the amazing game - Skyrim! rnrnHere's the first, VERY ROUGH sketch. rnJust to show the composition and pose. rnrnWhat do you think? Should I go on and see it through? :)

ibeenthere

In case my handwriting is not understandable... It's a wood stork flying and holding a blanket with a baby dragon in it. The dragon is playing with a dovakim's helmet:)

coryduran

I'd say go on and see it through, could come out really awesome.

Could you please vote and comment on my design? Samurai

ibeenthere

ok than, i'll keep at it:)

ibeenthere

So here's some progress:)

Here's the stork in all it's glory! (minus colors and shadows of course). Next think on my to draw list is the baby Alduin! :)

I think this will be a 3, 4 color design. on white:)

Love to hear your thoughts so far!

jonorr

Very nice stork design. I've never played Skyrim and I still think it resonates. Keep going!

faktor..

Thanks for your comment man! :)

This is a great illustration! You've done an awesome job!

Can't wait to see it finished! :)

Meb112

Great detail!

This definitely came a long way from the original sketch, I'm excited to see how the dragon will turn out.

Just wondering, are you planning on adding color or is this going to be a black and white design?

If you don't mind check out my design

Nested Ghoult

ibeenthere

thanks for the kind words:)

I'm considering colors...lol...I know I don't want it to be with lots of colors cause I like the how the white and the black comes together in the stork...But I might add a third color for shadows and perhaps another one for just a little bit of "spotlighted" areas:)

ibeenthere

some more progress:)

ibeenthere

almost done with the basic lines and flats... soon will move on to some fine shadows and background...

Any Skyrim fan here? what do you think?

ibeenthere

Some more progress and placement:)

Christian223

Its really hard to read, I would replace those dark colors for lighter ones. Its hard to understand imo.

Would you critique my design?.

ibeenthere

does anyone else thinks it's hard to read? and which colors? the blacks or the grays?

Christian223

I think its too dark on some places and with the black outlines its all making a big chunk of darkness which is very hard to read. Try replacing the parts with dark colors with a lighter version of that color. I hope that helps.

coryduran

It doesn't look too dark to me. I think especially at print size it would probably look great. I'm glad you fleshed this out from the original sketch too it's coming along well. If you wanted to play with the colors you could just to see if you can get even more of a popping visual experience, but it's good.

Could you check out my design that's in the voting process? Birds

happybeard

i really like the composition. my eye is brought in by the open wings and guided down to the helmet in a nice 's' curve. the dragon seems a bit flat around where the head overlaps the tail. could possibly introduce some shading? also the dragon's wings seem a bit too static.

ibeenthere

thanks for that! I am going to add shadows...:) i'll try to see about the wings:)

JLK

Thanks for your score! I think this is a great graphic, but I'm not familiar with Skyrim. I really like the detail in the bird's wings. I wish you the best!

nelbok

really original!! i'd wear it!! if you want check out my first design please! Brain_Switch

kahly

I agree on the dragon something needs to be done to make it pop out

Erica25

Maybe just needs some shading? As for the rest great illustration!

Transluceo

COOL IDEA!!! Keep at it! Yeah the dragon needs to pop more - or just make him bigger then the stork if that is possible!

Please look at mine - just uploaded a new version Mosaic Eye

nabes

ya its a bit hard to read, whats in the dragons tail? id make the colours on the dragon brigther/bolder to make it stand out from the pelican or whatever that is

could u please critique mine here

dhammer77

This is just awesome :) The only thing I have to say is that the dragon looks flat and the stork has depth. Maybe just add some shading to the dragon to give it depth to match the stork. Could you please help critique my design. I LOVE YOU

ibeenthere

Thanks everyone! I'll get back on this design within the next few days...had to take a break due to some other pressing projects:)

ibeenthere

Added shadows and highlights to Alduin (The dragon)

ibeenthere

Added shades and highlight and background... What do you think? is it ready? Or should I do some more changes?

Melikochan

The details are sick. I think it's ready for submission.

ibeenthere

rseward

really cool piece. I think the dragon's lower half is getting sort of lost against the mountain. values are too similar.

ibeenthere

So I think it's pretty much done...Do you agree...should I submit now? :)

Skyrim fans unite!:)

NesControls

i like the design maybe add more of a dark feel to it like some nice shady clouds or something but its still good for submit :) check my critique out plz

NesControls

i like the design maybe add more of a dark feel to it like some nice shady clouds or something but its still good for submit :) check my critique out plz

NesControls

ibeenthere

bump for love:)

Melikochan

Definitely looks better with the lighter mountain, it's easier to make out all of the details of the dragon.

ibeenthere

Ok so added some thicker lines to the dragon and added more noise to the background to make it into a snow storm...I think it's ready now...agree?

Skyrim fans unite!:)

Erica25

Good to go :)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us