Close
One second...

negative shirts

• by redberger
  • posted Oct 13, 2006
  • 78 Comments

whats up with threadless lately? they keep on printing ugly shirts. what is more surprising these ugly shirts are select tee shirts which are designed by invited artists. these shirts should be the other way around and blow us away. instead its a series of disappointments lately. especially this latest one from faesthetic. who would want to buy a 25$ that looks like shit?

sad.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ir0cko

i don't think this is ugly.

AWorldApart

Yeah... I bought it.

AWorldApart

And uh... This is a work of art?

AWorldApart

And shit is a strong word to use. Yours is more shit than this one. No offense.

Larlar

Everyone has different tastes?! What the fuck?!?

WHY WERE WE NOT INFORMED?

redberger

im not a select tee invitee am i? lolz
that design was submitted years ago. no offense taken

DIY Genocide and Company

"im not a select tee invitee am i? lolz"

I think we're all very thankful for that.

NatySpaghetti

i dont really like it, but hey, everyone is entitled to buy whatever they wish..

redberger

this post is not about me and my designs skills a few years back when i submitted that shitty design. lolz.
your missing the point.

but hey if you guys bought that faesthetic shirt and particulary find it cool to wear in public...what the hey. knock yourselves out.

im sticking with my opinion this shirt sucks as most of the select tee designs coming out lately. i wouldnt buy this shirt if it were on sale for 2$. lolz

DIY Genocide and Company

*you're

What bothers me is that all you said is that the "shirt looks like shit" and it's "ugly" but you fail to say what your problem is with it? Maybe if you said "I really don't like that it is such a huge print" or "I don't like the bold colors" then it's an actual opinion instead of "looks like shit" which is insulting to people who like it.

redberger

sorry for the spelling professor. there's no edit button on posted comments.

the post was about the whole select tee releases lately citing this shirt in particular as the most...uhmmm...irritating one. i didnt go into particulars about what i dont like about the shirt because at first glance everything isnt working for me. maybe for you it works so congratulations.

ill try to indulge you though:

Print - too big.
illustration - my...it looks just as bad as my design of years back! wow!
colors - wow! 5$
reflector - OMG im so gonna buy this shirt.

Please.

DIY Genocide and Company

It was actually a grammatical error =)

I was just telling you that if you're going to criticize a shirt or series of shirts you should at least have a decent reason instead of "ugly" or "shit" because it makes you look like an idiot.

Laborpsus

I'm not a big fan of the shirt either, but I'm not about to force my opinion on others. I'm just not gonna buy it and wait for the mag's other stuff.

CheesecakeBree

I like it... I think it's a cool design even though it's not something I would wear. I think the Select tees aren't meant to look like all the other shirts. If they did, there would be no point in having a separate line for them. If you don't like it, just don't buy it... I'm tried of everyone whining about shirts that "disappoint" them.

redberger

It was actually a grammatical error

english is not my first language. sue me. =)

because it makes you look like an idiot.

imho, wearing that shirt would make you look like an idiot.

but I'm not about to force my opinion on others.

i am not forcing anything on anyone. im just voicing out what i see as a trend with threadless select tees lately. as a regular customer, i am entitled to my own opinion.

redberger

I'm tried of everyone whining about shirts that "disappoint" them.

thats the whole point of blogs isnt it? and if you dont want to hear whining then dont read the blogs. lolz

DIY Genocide and Company

because it makes you look like an idiot.

"imho, wearing that shirt would make you look like an idiot."

I see you havn't learned anything. Not that I really had high hopes for you to begin with with all your lolzing.

jobell721

what's surprising is people talking about accepting different tastes, and at the same time, completely rejecting yours.

DIY Genocide and Company

I didn't reject it at all. I simply stated that if doesn't like the shirt he should say what he doesn't like about it instead of calling it shit and ugly which can be offensive to people who bought the shirt and like it. It's manners more than anything else.

NatySpaghetti

mm well, if you are so unsatisfied, than mail then, and dont post it here, you are only gonna gain fruit of negativitee enthusiasts hate here. If we didnt want to read it, we would not do so, but lets just say these posts are getting more common as more people come by the site, and its getting irritating :(

we just wanna blog about positive things since my life for instance isnt so bright.

CheesecakeBree

I said I was tried of everyone complaining. Not just you in particular... I'm just annoyed at the negativity in the blogs in general. I have nothing wrong with people expressing that they don't like a design... but why not try to find a couple positive things about it too? Or why don't people post more blogs about their favorite shirts instead of just ones they hate? =/

redberger

i'll refrain from posting negative reviews in the future and post raves instead. i wasn't aware this was a boy scouts forum.

patman_h

"lolz"

WallsReallyWork

i dont see how you cant like it.

i love big prints, they provide somehting interesting and new and kinda crazy, make you look cool and interesting.

theres a certain kind of art that uses this kind of style, adn i can understand if you dont like it, but you cant call it a piece of shit, because i think it looks amazing.

the colors are fantastic, and the glow is just some extra special cool thing that is added on.

i really enjoy seeing the select tees, with their exciting new print techniques, etc. and i like most of them, but that doesnt mean im gonna buy em. same for you, you dont have to buy em.

i think a more approriate blog to post would be something along the lines of "can someone explain to me what the appeal is in the select, im not understanding it" just outright saying everything is stupid and shit instead of maybe looking at it from other opinions is what caused uproar up in here.

sorry for the long post

redberger

another man's thrash is another man's gold. it's all a matter of opinion. i can't keep you from calling it amazing, why would you want to censor me and call it shit?

marty!

santos sucks ass. i know, 'cause I felt him do it. haha just playing. what's this about buffalo being snowed in? get your ass to town you clown. the glow in the dark is cool.

redberger here doesn't like your shirt. no worries, i just looked up my shirt which was uniformly hated. HATED.

santos here is the man. show some respect. swankfest 98. efaction 99. long live swankarmy.

Accidental Amusement

I think this shirt is far superior to a bunch of other subs I've seen, but I don't like the shirt color much. Also, thumbs kind of creep me out...don't ask me why. And the big yellow thumbs down pear would be directly over my boob. But hey, to each their own. I just won't buy it.

redberger

hey marty! santos was in swank army? cool. how's half empty?
props to faesthetic and santos. i just dont like the shirt doesnt mean i dont like the man.

upso

marty! hey!

drmtama2

i happen to like this design alot the only reason that i am not getting it is that i don't want to look like a frigin street light walking down the street

Thievery

awesome shirt, even more awesome mag. total awesomeness!

kaloyster

I think, without the glow-in-the-dark feature, the design is not that awesome.

That's my opinion.

Nodus

By the way, if you say "lolz" one more time, I'm going to buy this shirt and hunt you down with it.

dyslexiarokcs

anybody else see the irony in all the negativity on this particular blog?

redberger

By the way, if you say "lolz" one more time, I'm going to buy this shirt and hunt you down with it.

LOLz

mahalov

yea man, we need more skullz and dragonz and shit

you're probably the kind of guy that likes the typical blonde, blue eyed, anorexic girl and thinks all other girls are ugly

mahalov

unless of course your homosexual, in that case no offense if i assumed you were straight

Hoborg

LOL GAY

Roostersauce

i agree with walls
i love big prints, and i think this print is sorta cool. its really intereseting
i didnt buy it, i bought midwest, and right now one select tee is all i can really afford. but its cool

bananaphone
  1. your opinion doesn't matter
  2. other people have opinions too which are different from yours
  3. people are buying it
  4. shut up
  5. if you want selects to get better then i suggest you get 4 designs printed then design your own select, since you obviously have so much design knowledge to pass on to the masses.
redberger

yea man, we need more skullz and dragonz and shit

yes. if only to cater to idiots like you and hoborg here.

mahalov

haha yea because i totally want skulls and drangons on my tshirts.

oh wait, wal mart has them already

i love when people get bashed, and they ignore all the facts and then try to point out a few random comments that 'idiots' post

Roostersauce

redbearer
you have awful taste
of all the shirts from threadless you own i like one
you own all the worst designs on the site

redberger

1. your opinion doesn't matter

who cares. as long as im allowed my freedom to say it.

2. other people have opinions too which are different from yours

which doesnt matter too?

3. people are buying it

i never said dont buy this shirt? did i tell anyone to not but this shirt? i just asked who would want to buy it.

4. shut up

i suppose you own threadless now.

5. if you want selects to get better then i suggest you get 4 designs printed then design your own select, since you obviously have so much design knowledge to pass on to the masses.

i never said i had.

redberger

roostersauce, thats because all your shirts come from the 12 club based on your photos. with 12 club you dont choose what shirts you get.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?