Close
One second...

the gentlemen

Watch this
wishaway

Oh man, this looks fun to draw. I really like the design, and the connected beards makes me chuckle. I definitely think the no-eye thing works well, although some may find that it looks odd. Perhaps half moon eye-glasses? Not sure, it's your call. The balloon could be a bit more shaded, in keeping with the rest of the design. I mean, literally it would be probably ten to twenty more of those dots, but it would definitely help. I really like this design a lot though. Critique mine? http://www.threadless.com/critique/98914/Ephemeral_Rose

Phauxe

Love this design, I think its pretty darn good as is. If you want some things to consider, not that its needed but if you did want to add eyes see what it looks like if you add 2 eyes, put 1 eye on each face and make em cyclopes's, maybe even give them each a single monocle. Also I would really love to see the placement, I think that important so people can get an overall feel of the design, im thinking cream colored tee. Great design.

richardofyork

Fun! I prefer brighter colours but that's just me. Perhaps you could experiment with some eye options and see what works best.

didyousayAbeLincoln

Thanks for all the awesome advice!! hopefully ill have a new version up soon with placement too!

didyousayAbeLincoln

so far trying some placement, added more shading to the balloon and shadows. still debating glasses or monocles.

Phauxe

I really like the placement. The additional shadows helped. I am curious about the monocle.

didyousayAbeLincoln

thanks, yeah maybe ill post a version up with the monocles so you can see

didyousayAbeLincoln

so i added a monocle to the gentleman on the left and tried it out on red. opinions? and thanks for all previous feedback! very helpful!

Phauxe

Love the added monocle. Now that I can see the shadow it needs to be a bit softer, and the balloon's shadow is missing. When you present it the design needs to be seen closer, I really want a good look like in version 1. Its looking awesome the last thing to consider is the shirt color, try a yellow maybe.

didyousayAbeLincoln

thanks for the advice!! yeah, i'd been playing around with the design on yellow, so I'll try that with the new changes. I'm glad you liked the monocle!

didyousayAbeLincoln

Thanks for the feedback!! Softened shadow a bit. Got the design as close up as I could without cutting the main parts out of the picture. Trying out the yellow, what do you think?

JLK

I love your style! It looks something out of a Roald Dahl or Shel Silverstein book. Not a fan of the yellow shirt, I like the white one so far. Can't see anything to improve, I say you're good to go! If you have time, would you help me out by scoring my submission in the running? Thanks so much!

didyousayAbeLincoln

thanks! just scored yours! very cute!! and I love the concept.

Cre8ive Studios

Awesome. This is a really cool design. the artwork is different from what i have seen which is pretty cool. The placement on the tee is alrite, but i agree Maize yellow might not be the way to go. idk what colour would be better though. but if you already haven't try playing around with it and see what happens.. Good job :)

Could you please help me out with my design as well i just need some comments on it thanks.

Game Over

didyousayAbeLincoln

thanks! yeah, I agree. I'll look into other colors. and yeah, i'll definitely check out your design!

RemainUntamed

I think the design is awesome... I don't know about the yellow though. Maybe that's just me??? Cool stuff though....

one of my ideas

didyousayAbeLincoln

thanks! yeah, i think I'll try some other colors. yeah I'll check yours out!

didyousayAbeLincoln

out of curiosity, did anyone like it on red like in the previous version? still working out colors.

didyousayAbeLincoln

out of the other colors I tried, I didn't think this one looked to bad. Also the consensus from before was white looks good.

didyousayAbeLincoln

what do you guys think? any comments or suggestions are welcome!

boxless

i like it it's simple and unique with all the right flair, i might even try a off centre placement (centring the balloon a bit more move whole design slightly to the left) but other wise MAGNIFIQUE!

and if you have a second to spare: Stripes and Stars

didyousayAbeLincoln

thanks! yeah you might be on to something with that placement, I'll try it out! yeah, I'll definitely take a look at your design!

didyousayAbeLincoln

hmm, I'm on the fence about the placement with them more to the left. maybe I'll post it to get more opinions. any more suggestions are welcome.

No account?