Close
One second...

Buffy

I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV series by Joss Whedon) and I thought I'd blog about it as I see it. No one other than, like, DeeAnn and Brian will care about this though.

I just finished the first episode. My first thought: this is so 90s. Sunnydale looks a lot like Angel Grove from Power Rangers. And I thought it was weird that there was a club for high school kids, which basically consists of drinking soda and getting eaten by vampires.

Aside from the nineties feel of everything, it was pretty darn good. The writing feels really simple but in an effective way. The main group hasn't really formed yet and I'm hoping it happens soon. As cool as the action was in Firefly, my favorite parts were the dinner conversations, those seemingly mundane moments where it was just the characters talking and interacting with each other.

Anyway, the first episode ended on a "to be continued" so I'll go ahead and watch that.

Also, Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz. Hubba hubba.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
WarDrobeInSpareOom

I'm super excited about this!! Buffy being his first series, it takes a little while to get its footing.

My favorite episode of the first season is "The Pack." "Nightmares" and "Prophecy Girl" are great, too.

I really hope you stick with it! In season two, it starts to get reaaaally amazing.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I caught an episode of Angel this morning, and between that and this blog, I really want to restart both series again. So good.

sponzar

I

sponzar

I really love Buffy. I want to make a shirt about it but I can never come up with a good idea for it.

Mya Jamila

I really enjoyed Buffy. :)

Chipmnk

How strong is she exactly? And stakes are only a one-time use thing?

taz-pie

Never got into Buffy. It was a tad too 90's for my taste.

d3d

i saw Cordelia in something recently as "the mom" and my world crumbled.

sponzar

The stake is multiple use. As for strength she is quite strong but not unstoppable and she heals faster than normal.

SJ27

David Boreanaz looks so young in that first episode/series. That's what gets me every time I see an early episode.

d3d

thankyou

tracerbullet

the first season of buffy has its moments, but overall, it's kind of weak. the show really starts to get good in season two, though, and some of the best characters get introduced then (oz, spike, jenny calendar). definitely stick with it.

tracerbullet

oh, actually, jenny calendar is in season 1, but she's much more central in season 2

WarDrobeInSpareOom

One of my favorite things about Joss is how he rewards your memory. Unlike other shows, where they seem to forget past episodes, Buffy will make references to plots from season one four years later. It's the best.

tracerbullet

yeah, like how in season 5 when you find out buffy is a vampire slayer

spacesick

I hate hate hated the Buffy series but loved Angel

spacesick

for a little while anyway

had all my favorite characters and wasn't so cutesy/nerdyy

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Shut the F up, Mitch, and go watch some Wuzzles.

spacesick

once more, with feeling

Chipmnk

sponzar on Dec 14 '11 at 1:08am The stake is multiple use. As for strength she is quite strong but not unstoppable and she heals faster than normal.

Oh okay. I just thought it was weird that she could fight vampires and pretty much rip a locked door open, but then she had trouble popping open a vent and ripping open the door to that club.

And I guess the stakes were just a thing with the first couple episodes. Like, they'd just get stuck in the vampires and vaporize with the bodies.

The second episode was good. I think I still just need to get over the 90s-ness of it.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I think the dated-ness of it goes away. Either that, or there's just so much awesome that you stop noticing.

You've totally gotten me re-excited about this show.

Chipmnk

I have that effect on people. And I like that Angel just appears, says something mysterious/flirtatious, and then goes away. Heck, at the end of the second episode, he just came out, said a thing, and walked away and there was no one even there!

Chipmnk

She just wants to be a normal teenager, guys. ;(

Chipmnk

Hyenas, man. They gonna get you.

Chipmnk

Angel's so dark and broody. What a hunk, right?

jet approves

Leon, the actress who plays Cordelia is a hot stepmom on Veronica Mars. Maybe that's where you saw her?

jublin

I'm gonna watch Firefly. But do you see me blogging about it?

But on the other hand...

Chipmnk

No, I watched the episode where Angel is like "Let's kiss but we can't be together."

I do see you blogging about it, Justin. I see dead people.

shirtflirt

this is like the movie inception

because i have no idea what is going on

Chipmnk

Right now, this show is pretty much all of the pedestrian, non-colorful parts of Power Rangers. But in a good way.

d3d

Leon, the actress who plays Cordelia is a hot stepmom on Veronica Mars. Maybe that's where you saw her?

i just remembered her name is charisma carpenter, and i think she was on a Supernatural.

SJ27

She was. She was also on Charmed. Not that I watched Charmed. I think it used to be on before Rove and would always run over time.

Buffy/Angel + Charmed + Supernatural is probably a pretty typecast resume so she probably jumped at the chance to be "the mom/hot stepmom" just to do something different.

She was also in some fantasy thing produced by Sam Raimi. I guess lesbian subtext has come a lot further since the Xena days.

Chipmnk

That Little League kid involved with the nightmares. I thought he was Joseph Gordon-Levitt at first.

Chipmnk

Man, Sunnydale is the worst school.

jet approves

I'm watching the second ep now and noticed the not being able to close the door thing. Lulz

Chipmnk

Oh man, Jeanette. When I watched that I was like, "I guess Xander is just that strong."

Angel is mad hunky, guys. I don't know if you realize that.

Man, DeeAnn. That's ridiculous/awesome. I barely finished the first season! I'm not really sure what happened with that finale but I like how they were like "We saved the world, let's party." And Cordelia was there for some reason.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

The Master is a pretty good Big Bad.

But I will say season two's is even better.

Chipmnk

I hope there's just an episode where Giles, Xander, and Angel go on a road trip to Vegas.

SJ27

There's an episode of Angel which is basically that, but instead of Giles and Xander it's Gunn and Fred.

Chipmnk

Flintstone?

SJ27

Burkle. You won't meet her for five years or so yet.

Played by Amy Acker, who Joss Whedon must really like. She went on to Dollhouse and will be in some Whedon-produced horror movie next year according to wikipedia who, holy shit, list her having done three episodes of Wishbone!

Also she voiced Huntress on Justice League Unlimited who will forever be my cartoon crush.

Chipmnk

I like that Huntress and The Question had a thing. It was so weird but kinda nice.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Everyone needs to stop talking about future characters specifically. We're gonna ruin it for him.

Chipmnk

Hi Renee~

I already know about Spike and Eliza Dushku but nothing really specific about them other than one's a vampire with an accent and the other is like a temp Slayer or something. But yeah, DON'T RUIN SHIT FOR ME OR OUR FRIENDSHIP WILL END. For like 9 minutes lulz but it will be a very angry 9 minutes.

courtney pie

I still love watching Buffy reruns. I remember disliking the differences from the movie. I love the 90s clothes and hair and musics.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
No account?