Rick Perry's new ad campaign : YIKES

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

It was Christianity? The teachings? Or was it people using the shroud of Christianity to make such claims.

Never recall reading in the New Testament that Christians should kill natives and enslave people.

Could you point me to that passage?

shirtflirt

oh yeah...then there's that!

Haragos

The insane overreaction of people here to the point to lampoon Christianity is indeed funny. It's a 30 second Political Ad of someone that doesn't have a chance of winning the nomination and what he says isn't even remotely "bigoted" as people claim.

We care about this over total global economic collapse due to governments run amok with crony capitalist, corrupt union systems and the uncaring political games used to make them all rich off of our hard work.

Mind you Rick Perry complaining about praying in schools and gays in the military is more important than all of that.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

People complaining about a Rick Perry ad must totally mean that no one is paying attention to anything else.

What are you still doing in here if it's such a huge waste of your time?

shirtflirt

thing is, hairygoth, is that people, over the age of five, usually, can think about more than one thing.

what, touch a nerve calling out the hypocrisy of christianity?

Haragos

You're calling out the hypocrisy of the people who claim to be followers of said religion. Not the religion itself. That is why I never understand the whole anti-religion thing. People are always the problem for everything.

You people inspired me to vote for Rick Perry 15 times.

shirtflirt

nope. i call out every faction and piece of the religious bullshit. burn it all to the ground, unless it preaches equality, peace and harmony AND acts on it.

you're so stupid haragos. i know i've said it but that's one fact that i will never waiver on. you won the dumbest person i know contest.

SJ27

biotwist on Dec 08 '11 at 10:28am I don't agree with him but people are spinning this out of control. all he said was that he was not afraid of being seen as a far right Cristian and that if gays can serve openly then kids should be able to pray to god openly. if we are going to distort that then we cant be upset when they distort our truth. i find lots of other things wrong with him but i'm not going to be blinded by playing sides

He's not really saying that though, he's the one doing the spinning.

Why can gay people serve openly in the miltary? Because the state can't discriminate on the basis of sexual preference.

Why can't a school impose prayer on its students? Because the state can't discriminate on the basis of religion.

Both situations arise out of the same basis, but instead he has spun it into if gay people can serve openly, why can't kids celebrate Christmas or pray openly? When the fact is, they can.

If he'd said "there's something wrong with this country when the stae can't discriminate on the basis of sexual preference but can't discriminate on the basis of religion either" he'd be spin-free but make absolutely no sense.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us