One second...

Rick Perry's new ad campaign : YIKES

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
lemonalle

It's not a far stretch to say that if you want to get rid of the EPA, dirty air/water are not a top priority for you.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

EPA isn't necessary. A waste of time and money.

You can pray anywhere. I believe he's talking about openly praying though. Such as there were coaches fired because they lead a Football Team in pray and so on. That is what I believe he was speaking about.

So just to clarify. I want dirty air and women.

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

if they want every thing deregulated then hopefull they will also keep government out of telling me what i can smoke and who i can marry

biotwist

and no republicans don't want dirty water, they just want money that's made from dirty water. these are the same people who dont want windfarms in Connecticut because they claim it's an eyesore

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Windfarms aren't effective and slaughter birds. Also, democrats oppose wind farms as well. John Kerry wouldn't allow one to be built next to his property.

Next!

lemonalle

EPA isn't necessary. A waste of time and money.

That's a pretty sweeping statement.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

They are also extremely noisy.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Sweeping and true. What has the EPA ever done for you?

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

Wind farms look lovely.

lemonalle

to cut and paste:

• Banned widespread use of the pesticide DDT, which was killing off wildlife and threatening public health. • Greatly reduced acid rain due to reductions in sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide emissions. Acid rain pollutes water sources. • Changed public views of waste, which led to innovations making use of waste to create energy and make new products. • Banned lead from gasoline. • Classified secondhand smoke as a known cause of cancer. This led to smoking bans in indoor public places, thereby improving public health. • Set strict emission standards for pollutants emitted by cars and trucks. • Regulated toxic chemicals and encouraged development of less harmful ones. • Established a national commitment to restore and maintain the safety of fresh water (the Clean Water Act). • Promoted fair environmental protection for minority and low-income citizens. • Increased the amount of public information about chemicals and/or pollutants people may be exposed to in their daily lives.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

And no!

But with thousands more wind projects on the drawing board, they're increasingly generating opposition among local residents. Less than 100 miles from Tehachapi in the Antelope Valley, proposed turbine developments are facing similar resistance. Across the country, Cape Cod, Mass., residents and political heavyweights such as Sen. John Kerry waged war against what could be the country's first offshore wind farm.

And the issue isn't just with wind turbines, said Tom Soto, an environmental activist and managing partner of Craton Equity Partners.

"These large projects enter at their own peril without involving the community," Soto said. "Just because they're renewables instead of landfills doesn't mean they're off the hook."

Your article was in Feb. mine was in July. John Kerry changed his mind... OH SNAP! You failed. Nice try though.

biotwist

ok hargos you enjoy playing devils advocate too much. my point was that if ricky perry had to live anywhere near an oil refinery orfracking site you know he would spin a different tune. the EPA has done it was before you were borne soit's cool if you don't recall the many smog and population crises we have had in the past.

Haragos
1 design submitted -
  1. DDT was saving human lives but no they have to use nets to combat said diseases and they are losing. Good job EPA.

2. Acid rain killed my mother

3. A government agency talking about waste? How about the waste in government. That's the waste I care about. If the EPA would cut waste for government budgets I'd for them.

4. EPA also set up a system where each state has different standards of gasoline which greatly increases the price.

5. Studies have been conducted to show that second hand smoke does not cause cancer. Look it up.

6. Meaningless

7. What toxins?

8. Check how clean the water was back 300 years ago. You know what provides clean water? Wealth.

9. What the hell does that even mean?

10. Like the mercury in CFL Bulbs that they promoted?

EPA is a waste of money. Maybe they did a few good things over the years but not enough to justify the power and cash we dump on them.

davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

Obama's war? What war? When did this was start?

Favorite line "I approve of this message." Well, YEAH - You JUST said it hahaha

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Everyone has to say "I approve this message" though. It's like in the Presidential code book.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Obama's war = Libya btw.

davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

But not everyone's Rick Perry. Enough said.

biotwist

I'd rather slash money from "defense"

Haragos
1 design submitted -

I'd rather slash money from everything. Defense included.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Really love the swelling score in this ad, it makes me feel all warm and bigoted inside.

Also, did you read Matt Tiabbi's thorough profile of Perry called "The Best Little Whore In Texas"? Fucking terrifying what this guy is. People always compare him to George Bush, but i dare say he's much much worse. As governor, he truly doesn't stand for anything but what the highest bidders in his state tell him to.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

this blog took off

Haragos
1 design submitted -

What makes him different than any politician? Left or Right. The correct answer is nothing.

FRICKINAWESOME

Also, why in the fuck does ANYONE try to have a political conversation with Haragos? lol.

FRICKINAWESOME

Read the article Haragos.

Most politicians are bad, but some are demons incarnate.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

How is that any different than any politican? Look at Obama and Solyndra. MF Global and Former Govenor Corzine.

Different parties. Same games.

I do agree with Rick Perry on one thing though.

Social Security is a Ponzi scheme.

FRICKINAWESOME

Corzine was not part of the government when he was the CEO of MF Global.

And Solyndra/Obama is comparable to the scale and insanity that Perry is doing down in Texas????

You're right about blowing things out of proportion Haragos!

FRICKINAWESOME

Hey, i LOVE TEmple of DOOM!!!!

FlyingMonkeyMan

I like wind turbines, they spin, and I am easily entertained. Plus the newer versions don't really kill all that many birds. You can't expect them to not hurt anything right?

watches spinning fan.........................0__0

FlyingMonkeyMan

i was a little off topic by this point of the conversation i guess lol

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Solyndra was like 500 million right? That's pretty sizable.

stubby43. How does that video have more likes than views? How!? I'm more curious about than anything.

stubby43

Haragos on Dec 08 '11 at 12:12pm stubby43. How does that video have more likes than views? How!? I'm more curious about than anything.

The answers pretty boring, its just how youtubes code works, the first couple of hours a video is up it will always have 301 views (if the videos been popular enough to get more than 301 views), the likes work fine through out but the view count doesnt.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

I think the views count on Youtube always has quite a lag to it.

lemonalle

Haragos on Dec 08 '11 at 11:29am And no!

Actually, I believe that the author of that article may have been in error (perhaps she had Kerry mixed up with Kerry Healey. I can find no other explicit mentioning of John Kerry opposing Cape Wind (though he was mum on it at first) and I think it would've been a rather big deal given his push for its funding just months prior. If you can find another source, I'd be glad to look at it.

But that's besides the point anyway. I should've just directly addressed this weird generalization: " Also, democrats oppose wind farms as well. John Kerry wouldn't allow one to be built next to his property." Even if this were true, one Democrat opposing one instance of something =/= all Democrats opposing all instances of that thing. Logical fallacy.

Also, based on your list, you seem to have a very selective understanding of environmental science.

Also, this: " OH SNAP! You failed. Nice try though."

is stupid.

Adhesive Hippo

I'm convinced he is actually standing on a flat field and is just leaning really far over. They had to rotate the whole scene in post production.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Nah my article was correct and from a left leaning paper.

A weird generalization is:

"Republicans want dirty air and dirty water"

A direct quote from President Obama.

My Oh snap! You failed. Nice try though was just a light hearted jab. Don't take things personal. It's the Internet.

lemonalle

The article says he "waged war" against it but provides no explicit examples. How did he wage war against it?

You're right: it's probably more correct to say "The Republicans pushing to defund the EPA don't care whether the air and water are dirty."

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Hahaha. I love it.

You literally bitch about generalization and then toss out your own. It's amazing.

Do Republicans not have to breathe air or drink water? I do know that toxic water could potentially give me super powers so I'm for that risk.

Haragos '12 "Dirty Air, Dirty Women" "He'd vote for you!"

lemonalle

And your comment didn't come across as lighthearted... but it didn't hurt my feelings. I just thought it was unwarrantedly derisive.

I amended it so it was less of a generalization.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

The EPA doesn't make air and water clean. It's not like if they are gone the air and water would instantly turn black.

If you take it from my point of view. I don't want dirty air and I don't want dirty water but I think the EPA is worthless and a waste of money.

The power to regulate said air and water should fall back to the state legislation solely. Less government is always good.

lemonalle

States do not exist in their own environmental bubbles. The decisions or lack of regulation in one state can negatively impact the water/air/etc. of a neighboring state. If one thing should be regulated at the federal level, it's the environment.

And I don't believe in the myth that less government is always better. I believe in balance.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

I was glad to see Perry's "$5000...I'm offended" rebuttal mentioned in the Rolling Stone article. I don't recall it being mentioned/discussed on TV or, generally, at all.

Haragos
1 design submitted -

Balance is for tightrope walkers.

Gut the Government.

Haragos '12 " He'd vote for you - twice"

shirtflirt

sorry rick, jp morgan made america strong. and by that, i mean you politicians worry about name games and agendas and always overspend. just like now, you're talking about obama's 'war on religion'. that's good stuff. hot button issues with trigger words. you fuck. but back to jp morgan and faith. faith, as you say, made this country strong. why? because the initial settlers felt charged by god to eradicate those pesky natives. we were graced by god to be given the ability to rape and pillage. god said it was cool that we screw people over AS LONG AS HIS message is passed on. and by "HIM" i of course mean the king/ banker/ president/ monarchs word.

how do gays in the military and pray in school have anything in common? fuck this guy. fuck his face. and fuck his three dollar haircut.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?