Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
ginetteginette

Hm, a little violent. I would simply suggest not voting for him. Ha. :\

mike bautista
1 design submitted - Score now!

Ahahaha I saw that earlier. I love how it came right after Hilary Clinton's lgbt speech too.

nasmo

Pretty repellant, but these are the last gasps of a campaign that's on its way out. Seems like he's just throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks.

EZFL

"kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. "

well he is right about that part.

SuperRyan

I'm going to break this thing down piece by piece.

"I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian." ---- I don't understand why he would be. The religious bloc is important, according to the various political analyst people. So he's casting himself as this Christian underdog type of character. I'm not one of those pussy Christians that don't say they're Christian.

Gays in the military and Christmas/prayer in school ---- the DADT thing is pretty much set...I think. I don't really imagine it going back. I guess it's one of those recent things to gaybash on. I haven't been in public school in a few years, but as far as I know, Christmas is still ok. Public institutions should be secular, but it's ok to be realistic about it and have fun (i.e. holiday parties and movies before winter break). War on Christmas and all that.

Obama's war on religion. --- yeah.

Liberal attacks on our religious heritage. --- but America is all about freedom of religion, Rick! Separation of the churches and the stateses!

I like that he is wearing a Carhartt and walking uphill.

Weird thing is is that they probably filmed this 2-3 months ago.

ginetteginette

xiv on Dec 07 '11 at 6:47pm "kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. "

well he is right about that part.

Is that really true though? Any child is welcome to pray on their own time at school and to celebrate the holidays. The school simply isn't legally allowed to lead children in prayers. No public school should be promoting any one specific religion.

the czar

What a douche. Maybe the pope should just run for president. I have nothing against people practicing religion, any religion. But don't take this tack. Interesting note. Here in New Jersey we have a very large Indian population. Some school districts now close for Hindu holidays. I wonder what his take on that is.

Jake Friedman

Who needs to pray in school?

iPear

what? no, what? what? no what. I saw this earlier and how is that stance even a thing to base an ad on.

canceromega

So I did a little digging a while back for a government assignment and came across the Republican party of Texas' platform on homosexuality. I will post it here:

We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable “alternative” lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should “family” be redefined to include homosexual “couples.” We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, refuse to recognize, or grant special privileges including, but not limited to: marriage between persons of the same sex (regardless of state of origin), custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits. We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values

Having been under Perry's rule for like, a decade now has become incredibly tiresome, and it really has turned this state backwards. He shouldn't have won the 2006 gubernatorial election and he only did because there were so many candidates. He won with around 30% of the vote. I wish Kinky Friedman had dropped out of that race and given all his support to Chris Bell because the awfulness that is Perry probably would not be unleashed upon America right now.

rhythmdev9

Why is the title of that "Strong?"

westond

^ That is just... aaaagh.

I can't put how I feel about that into words. It's too frustrating.

westond

That was @ Anna's post

Jake Friedman

Kinky Friedman is my stripper name.

Adhesive Hippo

rhythmdev9 on Dec 07 '11 at 9:06pm Why is the title of that "Strong?"

Well there's Strong, then there's Rick Perry Strong.

Steve The Great

I wanna marry a girl named "Kinky"

canceromega

What bothers me most about this ad is how there is no logical connection between his fucking clauses. Whoever wrote the script needs to take some grammar lessons. If this ad were an essay, it would get a D.

canceromega

And as a side note: A D is pretty much on par with Perry's academic history.

SJ27

What was up with that Ron Paul one? It was so in my face. Did he just promise to put a million people out of work like it was a good thing? Eat shit bureaucrats!

SuperRyan

I don't know how to quit Rick

SJ27

I think that's his problem though. "Real" America, represented by hideous sherpa jackets and huge belt buckles has been co-opted by insidious homosexuals who you can't even recognise any more because they're not wearing assless chaps and living in San Francisco like they're supposed to. He's taking that jacket back because he doesn't want to live in a world where he's not free to express his heterosexual identity. Lord knows straight people have suffered enough. First they have to serve in the military with gays, then they can't wear ugly jackets. Soon people will be marrying animals.

Resistance

As a Christian, I think most conservative Christians and "Christian" politicians don't really get, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesars, and unto God what is God's"(Matt 22:21). The military and it's policies clearly fall under "Caesar" and so does, in my opinion, state recognized marriages. When I think about my marriage to my wife, I don't think about the state government, I think about the covenant I made with her before God and others and how it is a picture of my faith (ie: the Gospel). When I think about two men wanting to get married, I think to myself, "Sure, why not, that's between you and the state." My faith doesn't call me to restrict the behavior of others when it comes to sexual attraction and marriage. Ironically, you don't see any politicians pushing for laws about adultery.

SuperRyan

*allegedly

tracerbullet

does texas not have term limits on their governors?

Resistance

LOL @ TYSON VIDEO

canceromega

tracerbullet on Dec 08 '11 at 8:42am does texas not have term limits on their governors?

No, and Perry is the strongest case why we should. Our state government is a joke.

canceromega

Except it's not a very funny joke that lasts 10 years.

tracerbullet

ugh, lame. at least pennsylvania has term limits.

Haragos

Congress should have term limits. 1 term and you're done. Presidency should also reduce their term limit to 4 years... Gives them less time to do damage.

biotwist

I don't agree with him but people are spinning this out of control. all he said was that he was not afraid of being seen as a far right Cristian and that if gays can serve openly then kids should be able to pray to god openly. if we are going to distort that then we cant be upset when they distort our truth. i find lots of other things wrong with him but i'm not going to be blinded by playing sides

Haragos

Much more fun to watch people blow stuff out of proportion

Resistance

I was going to say that I found it very ironic to see people posting this on facebook and the ensuing comments were all about how much they "hate" him.

lemonalle

who says that kids can't pray to God openly? at the school where I taught a group of kids met every morning to pray at the flag pole (and this is blue country). I think it's just a cheap shot to reinforce this us-against-them mentality when there are obviously more important issues at hand.

ginetteginette

Kids are allowed to pray openly. Schools simply aren't allowed to orchestrate class prayers. Kids can pray wherever they want. You can do it silently in your head for Christ's sake. It's as easy as thinking...

ginetteginette

It's a fear tactic and a completely false statement.

Haragos

I'm introducing a new board game this year. It's called:

Blow it out of proportion!

You take a statement you don't agree with and you Blow it out of proportion!

From the fine makers of Jump to conclusions

ginetteginette

What exactly is being 'blown out of proportion'?

Haragos

Here's a good fear tactic:

"Republicans want dirty air and dirt water"

I don't know about you people but I like my air like I like my women. Dirty.

ginetteginette

Are you capable of answering my question?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?