Close
One second...

Cupcake Coiffure

Watch this
BottomlessDesign

Sweetness meets style when cupcakes treat themselves to a day at the salon.

NataliaKW

love this idea! super cute!

JetLong

this is great. i would also say maybe have them a tiny bit larger. But other than that this is Sweeet :P

skindapple

cute and fun! a tad bigger for sure.

BottomlessDesign

thanks all!!

Yeah, I'll explore making them a bit larger. The trick will be doing so while still leaving enough room between them to give each cupcake their own space.

BottomlessDesign

version 2: After listening to some critiques (thank you!!) I increased the size. I experimented with a few different sizes and settled on this version. I noticed that going larger than this resulted in the characters not having enough individual space. Looking forward to any additional critiques or votes for submission :)

jgoldst2

Hello there, I really like the idea and the colors (the bright colors against the dark shirt looks nice). The thing I like best is the dimension of the pink frosting/hair on the cupcake on the left. Is there a way to add that slight detail onto the other cupcakes' frosting/hair or maybe add like ridges to the cupcake bottoms?

I know that you have already used a lot of colors... are you at the limit? This is just a thought; i dont think its worth it to rework the whole thing just to accommodate detail, just might be nice.

Good luck, i like the idea!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

you might try some pleated paper cup texture, or something to make things less flat.

goericca

cute! i have nothing to say other than submit :)

i have a submited design at scoring. if you like i would appreciate your vote and comment to my ''Smoky Whale''

lascimmiarosa

Hi, I really love the colours, but I will work a bit more on the faces. They're cute but they can be also more funny ;-))) And...oh yes submit!!

BottomlessDesign

Here's the latest version. Updates include:

� I cleaned up the air lines from the hairdryer � Eye details have been improved � Slight shadow now wraps the left side of the cupcake body

I'm maxed out on colors right now with 8. After much consideration, I'm confident that I don't want to change colors on the frostings/hair styles as a means to free up a color. Which means that I'm not sure if I have any other options for how to add more detail to the faces. I like how the piece is looking, but am still open to any further suggestions. Thanks!

cientifico

What about put it on a onesie template, I think it would be a bit better

I need your help now. Eleflash is sick, and it needs your vote and words to survive, could you help it? Is its last day

wadoodee

Wow, what a great concept and nice illustration!

Awesome! SUBMIT THIS!

jgoldst2

This looks great! I agree, might work better on a onesie template! I know, the color game can be hard--don't sweat it I think this version is good to submit. Nice work!

BottomlessDesign

Okay, I think this might be the final version. Big credit to @SirLazyJ for the rosy cheek suggestion! An excellent idea which made perfect sense after hearing it. That's the beauty of a critique and some constructive criticism. Thank you!

I'll give it a day or so to see what people think, but I think this one's ready to submit.

Monero

So sweet! I say submit it :D

I would very appreciate if you have time to score and comment my Totem And if you have more time please comment my Merry Christmas

BottomlessDesign

thanks guys! gonna submit this week. i'll post the link when i do.

BottomlessDesign

thanks @JetLong! returned in kind. good luck with your avocado, it's pretty awesome!

No account?
Join Us