Close
One second...

Roman's Photoshop Challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8sZW6vZLY&feature=channel_video_title

Hey you guys!

My name is Roman and I’m from Antarctica. I’ve always wanted to travel to awesome places! Up until a short time ago, I had never travelled ANYWHERE. But, momma finally let me leave the nest and I planned my very first trip to my very favorite place: Threadless!

I had so much fun and made so many new friends there but best of all, Threadless sent me on a trip around the world! I got to see EVERYTHING: the Eiffel Tower, all seven wonders, ancient castles, coastal cities and even some stuff I didn’t know existed, like birds that could fly and competitive tennis!

But, something happened. I dropped my camera in the water JUST as I landed back in Antarctica! (Darn these silly wings - No thumbs!) All my photos are GONE!

I need your help to recreate my trip and fill up my photo album!

Your challenge is to take this photo of me and put me anywhere in the world!

Here’s some different poses for you to use!

They’ll all go in my album, but my very favorite will win some great prizes:
- $200 gift certificate to your preferred airline
- a $500 Threadless gift certificate
- a mini puppet of me, Roman so I can travel with you everywhere you go!

You have from Nov. 29 until Dec. 23. We’ll announce the chosen photo then!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

So who's gonna find Charlene and pose Roman with her like old times?

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

here I go again! (on my own)

Chipmnk

Damn, that's an awesome prize.

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

Commenting so I remember to do this!

stubby43

Awesome!

stubby43

Remember your trip to Italy, that was dope.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Yeah!

thedeetzes
thedeetzes profile pic Alumni

Remember when you went back in time, befriended ancient Egyptians and they incorporated you into their hieroglyphics?

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

ROAD TRIP!

bortwein

Ok, maybe letting Roman drive was not a good idea.

bortwein

I guess it is time to start Hitchhiking.

This couple looks nice. I'll just hop in the back and catch a ride with them. I don't think they will mind.

Maybe Not!

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

haha bort!

bortwein

Oh yes the adventure shall continue...

bortwein

Ok this family seems alright. On with the trip. Let's see some sites!

bortwein

We stopped for a bite to eat. The Fish was great! Too bad the sign was not edible.

bortwein

Then it was so awesome... we stopped at one of those Mermaid themed attractions and got to swim with the mermaids.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I think Bort REALLY wants a puppet version of Roman :)

bortwein

hehehe ;-)

I already have the 2nd half of his trip planned out. Just need to tie it all together.

littlem

you're adorable, roman.

bortwein

Met some nice ladies in the city... ...before jumping on a plane to some where warmer. The airline food was pretty good.

littlem

is that steffi graf up there, bort?

bortwein

not sure m

bortwein

Had an extra long layover in FL so I tagged along with a family I met on the plane for some Fun at Disney.

Just had to get a photo of me with all my Disney friends.

bortwein

Well that was a fun time. Now back on the plane, get some sleep, and on to my next destination. Not my best moment... I think you caught me drooling.

bortwein

Finally got to the beach. Now it is time to kick off these flip flops and hit the waves.

bortwein

Ahhh. Enjoying some time in a hammock at the beach.

bortwein

What a trip so far! I was a little hungry so I thought I'd try my hand at some fishing for some tropical fish.

After catching nothing all day, I ran into an old travel buddy of mine. T-Gnome

bortwein

I think he will hit some of the sites next.

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

just send Brandon the puppet already.

bortwein

Just imaging how many places he could go before the 23rd... I'm excited.

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

LOL! all of these are awesome but that hammock one is perfect, brandon!

bortwein

This morning we drove in-land and went white water rafting. It was awesome.

bortwein

Then I met up with the HELiPRO team for a flight up to the top of an active Volcano. First we had lunch and the sandwich was great.

Seeing the Volcano up close was great until the pilot got a little too close to the action. Not sure who is going to fly us back. I might have to give it a try.

bortwein

This doesn't look that hard. I think I got this. Hey look the ocean!

BAM! I'm OK! The landing part is a lot harder than it looks.

bortwein

Since I was already at the beach I waited around to see the sun set. Met a nice family and we all walked along the beach as the sun set.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I first met Roman when I was working in Seattle. He stopped by and we took a nice weekend trip out to the Olympic National Forest. We had tons of fun kayaking together... he would have taken a picture of me back but those darned flippers making camera holding so difficult. ;)

Then we stopped by this place because Roman had a secret crush on all things Twilight.

Then a few months later after I returned home to Southern California Roman came down to visit me again.. he was very nice and wanted to go for a ride in my new convertible.

Then I took Roman with me when I went to China for work. We did make a little time to see some sights though. However I wasn't in these pictures since I was the one doing the picture taking :D

First top was Xiamen where we went shopping. Roman was so nice he made friends everywhere we went.

Then we went for a hike at this Emperors tomb mountain place in Nanjing.. it was so pretty. Roman took a moment at the end of the hike to meditate out on the rocks with my coworker.

Lori also found this nice man to let me ride on the back of his motorcyle.

And that was it for now.. I might be able to find more photos of Roman's visit but I'll have to dig them out.

pyr4lis

Oh I found one more from when he visited me in LA. We went down to see Graumen's Chinese Theater and checked out all the movie stars hand prints.

pyr4lis

p.s. not sure if it makes a difference but all my pictures are actually photos I've taken are not stock images. :D

bortwein

(all my photos were found using internet searching because I don't get the opportunity or cash to travel enough...) just saying that it shouldn't matter for a contest like this. :-)

bortwein

Just saying it didn't come across like "hey, I'm proud to share the photos I have taken on trips with Roman photoshop'd in" because two different people had to mention that their photos were all taken by themselves. It felt more pointed at me because I have been using found images. I'll try to be less sensitive and just keep going with what I have to work with from the internet. I was having fun until I saw those posts about "I used images I took myself" comments.

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

bort killed it.

pyr4lis

Yeah I didn't mean anything by it. Your photoshopping skills far exceed my own. I was just saying I was using my own pictures is all. Not to degrade anyone elses work.

And none of my pics are from vacations really. Everything was work releated.. even the seattle kayaking thing was because it was a "team building" exercise. The LA ones are just because I live in the area and when family comes out thats what they want to see. I don't have the vacation time or the money to actually take real normal people vacations.

Again I wasn't trying to insult you in anyway. I was only pointing out that I took my own pics because I love to take photos and I'm proud of my camera work. Also some of them looked like they could be stock images (ie: the china ones and the celebrity hand print ones) .. and one of the pics (the silhouette one on the rocks) I was super proud of the way the lighting came out.

bortwein

Now for a short break from the current adventure to visit a few famous friends and share an image from our adventures together.

Me and Indiana Jones on one of our adventures together. He always gets us into the most precarious situations. RUN INDI, RUN!

My sweet tooth is always satisfied when I stop by my good friend Willy.

It's always good to see my young Jedi friend Luke when I stop by Tatooine.

Hope you enjoyed this little side trip. I'll have to get back to the rest of the travel adventure for you soon.

bortwein

No worries. I just need to not read into things so much and let it bother me.

Let's carry on and give Roman the adventure of a life time. :-)

bortwein

More adventure to come tomorrow.

bortwein

Went out to see some of the Mayan Temples today. Then the strangest thing happened. I was abducted by Aliens!

They took me to see a few of their favorite hot spots around the world. We started with some Pyramids in Egypt.

Then we stopped over at Stonehenge where I pretended to be huge in the photo.

We just had to swing by Highway 375 in Nevada to get a photo.

Then they were nice enough to drop me off in NY City to meet Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
No account?