Close
One second...

The Gift of Knowledge

• by L-M-N-O-P
  • posted Oct 07, 2011
  • 165 Comments

Slightly bigger image here.
Larger templates here.

I had this idea a while ago (before Threadless announced 'The Perfect Gift' contest). It had been floating around in my sketch folder for a few weeks, not going anywhere. There were many different versions (lots of erasing and reworks) and nothing seemed to work right. It didn't have any direction until I read the words 'The Perfect Gift'. What is the greatest gift you can give to anyone, something that your child or your friends or even a stranger could all enjoy and benefit from?
That's when it hit me: knowledge. It might be a little bit out of the box (in terms of a gift), but I believe the best gift you can give to someone is information that will help them in the long run. Whether it's educating your child about the 'Facts of Life', or comparing notes you took in a college course with your study group, or telling a stranger on the bus what time it is, knowledge of information is what we all need and can use in everyday application.
3 Colors on Navy

Let me know what you guys think.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

Slightly bigger image here. Larger templates here.

I had this idea a while ago (before Threadless announced 'The Perfect Gift' contest). It had been floating around in my sketch folder for a few weeks, not going anywhere. There were many different versions (lots of erasing and reworks) and nothing seemed to work right. It didn't have any direction until I read the words 'The Perfect Gift'. What is the greatest gift you can give to anyone, something that your child or your friends or even a stranger could all enjoy and benefit from? That's when it hit me: knowledge. It might be a little bit out of the box (in terms of a gift), but I believe the best gift you can give to someone is information that will help them in the long run. Whether it's educating your child about the 'Facts of Life', or comparing notes you took in a college course with your study group, or telling a stranger on the bus what time it is, knowledge of information is what we all need and can use in everyday application. 3 Colors on Navy

Let me know what you guys think.

BuyoDesign
BuyoDesign profile pic Alumni

PERFECT

bouvarida

I love the artwork. Would be nice if the artwork too up the entire shirt, front and back, instead of it being an image on the shirt and to see it available in an Girly XS, V-neck w/ sleeves (t-shirt sleeves, the ones that go to about the mid-lower part of the upper arm). Excellent artwork.

FlowAds

nice concept man :)! really love the idea, and the overall look of it!

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

$5555555 your style is just perfect for this. :)

Kyle Cobban
Kyle Cobban profile pic Alumni

lovin the colors

Kyle Cobban
Kyle Cobban profile pic Alumni

lovin the colors

coyote alert
coyote alert profile pic Alumni

Perfect. PRINT PLEASE!!! 5$

queenmob
queenmob profile pic Alumni

why are you so good? 5$

ben chen
ben chen profile pic Alumni

nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calvin Wu
Calvin Wu profile pic Alumni

Yes I was waiting for this so I can hit the $5....5$

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

amazing

Mr.MacGuffin

Absolutely awesome! $5

RL76
RL76 profile pic Alumni

P_E_R_F_E_C_T!!!!!!

tee-hee

So magical! :)

moulin bleu
moulin bleu profile pic Alumni

truly fantastic on the tee!

Pjpram

Awesome Work

Eager Ears

This is wonderful. It really captures the feel of potential that exists in big, old libraries. 5$

The Escape Artist

Ok, I know I submitted a design for the same contest but I am willing to concede... This must and should be the winner. Great concept (absolutely agree with it) and design. A well deserved 5. Now I'm going to go weep in my beer.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

incredible!

Noh_Body
Noh_Body profile pic Alumni

rad color palette, and texture. 5$

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

this is insanely good

DrMonkey

Great one!

ClariceC
ClariceC profile pic Alumni

LOVE $5

RicoMambo
RicoMambo profile pic Alumni

nice

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GREAT $5

Pirate 6

Beautiful $5

BubuSam
BubuSam profile pic Alumni

So good!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Another print for you, Spoiler blog material for sure!

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

PRINT

corey9

great illustration!

chiaraodd

wow,great concept,great colors,great view

fathi
fathi profile pic Alumni

Awesome!

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

◠‿◠✿

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Indescribable! I would wear this shirt EVERYDAY!! $5!

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

God of Tee, please PRINT THIS, everyone need this! 5$

queenhilde

Wonderful work!

Raulio
Raulio profile pic Alumni

Awesome work! $5

baumer5
baumer5 profile pic Alumni

awesome! Great perspective

Page: