Close
One second...

Does the voting count?

I wanted to know how much influence do the votes have over wether the shirt design gets picked or not...

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
shirtflirt

it's kinda like american politics

does the voting count? yes. they count your votes.

does teh winner mean they have the most votes? no. not so much.

SJ27

I think the voting actually counts quite a lot. The winner might not be the one with the biggest score, but unlike in American politics, they can break the score down by age, gender, purchase history, "I'd buy it"s, contoversy, comments and all sorts of factors other than just score to really help them pick what to print. So there's actually more to the vote than what we see.

BUt yeah, pretty much the staff just decide. They don't have to print anything.

bemin

yeah its just that a friend of mine had his picked ( shot first) and I saw he had average numbers, but seemed like his design could be more comercial, than other designs with higher scores . Seems like they were right cause its almost all sold out...

shirtflirt

so, in short, voting counts "quite a lot"

but yeah, pretty much the staff just decide.

well said

SJ27

They way people have voted is a big factor in making that decision. Stop being argumentative.

bemin

I get what your saying, yes they do take in consideration the votes ( in different factors). But like any business they have to decide wich design is going to work best for them!

shirtflirt

which is the same as american politics

they take into account the votes

then the electoral college weighs in

shirtflirt

ok. let's make a deal sj. when you stop spouting out of your ass i'll stop being argumentative. cool?

bemin

ok.. different question then... what is like the lowest score... someone can get and still be considered for a design to be made? like my friend had 561 votes and average like 260 something

shirtflirt

there is no "if this scores below xxxx it will not score" hence my point.

point is, don't give up hope in your design until it's outta the running ;)

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

are you frank grimes?

bemin

dont get me wrong I get your point its not like ok since you didnt get 400 plus you will not be considered.. I get that.. but they also want you to promote the site so Im thinking if they see a design they liked but only got 200 votes, they might feel, that yes its a cool design but no one cared...

shirtflirt

nah. voter numbers have large fluctuations. if tehy went solely on popular designs they'd only have like 4 different designers get printed

bemin

Ok just saw the list.. (most) and yep... anything goes!

bemin

yes that I noticed too!!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted -

yes

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

I totally wore Shot First today.

Is my contribution to this topic.

shirtflirt

haha come on alex

quit spouting the party line

bemin

he is a personal friend of mine he also was the first to make a comment on my design! real nice guy!! and talented!

bemin

Jose A Gutierrez he did "shot First" in reference to StarWars

shirtflirt

oh i thought you meant alex

he's not a nice guy

and he's nobodys friend

mwahaha

bemin

well... wouldnt know... were u reeally fighting with SJ27?

bemin

really*

shirtflirt

fighting? no.

i like him more than he likes me and it bugs him.

bemin

I thought you both were kinda eye on eye, just little diferences on the answer

shirtflirt

"eye on eye"

does that mean we were saying the same thing

or that we were getting ready to sex it up?

bemin

that you guys almost had the same thought on the matter

shirtflirt

that's what i thought too

but that pissed sj off

Steve The Great

someone is bored

cough cough al cough cough

shirtflirt

i've had nothing to do for the last two days at work

which is fine

SJ27

Al's upset because his dog died and he's lashing out at people for petty, trivial reasons. Near as I can tell, he's butthurt because I corrected him because he used a word as a noun which should only be used as an adjective on the grounds of racial sensitivity, so now he needs to prove he knows how sentences work.. He's just practising a form of light trolling by attacking me because it will allay his boredom and sadness for a while even though in the morning he's going to realise he was being a massive dickhead. For now though, just by responding I've caused him no end of fleeting happiness at my expense because he can see he's actuallly managed to strike a nerve.

shirtflirt

1---wasn't my dog. your comments after that show enough of the color of your soul.

2---butthurt because you corrected a word? no, i was more annoyed that you, like you usually do when anyone questions the shit that pours out of your fingertips, avoided the question and instead went PC on me.

3---i haven't lashed out at anyone. not even you. i just call you on your bullshit and that seems to really bother you. you're a child.

4----you're reading comprehension is really shit if you gathered that that was my dog.

5---but like i said, a person without empathy is just a shadow of a corpse.

shirtflirt

1---wasn't my dog. your comments after that show enough of the color of your soul.

2---butthurt because you corrected a word? no, i was more annoyed that you, like you usually do when anyone questions the shit that pours out of your fingertips, avoided the question and instead went PC on me.

3---i haven't lashed out at anyone. not even you. i just call you on your bullshit and that seems to really bother you. you're a child.

4----you're reading comprehension is really shit if you gathered that that was my dog.

5---but like i said, a person without empathy is just a shadow of a corpse.

SJ27

1 You're obviously upset about the passing of the dog. It doesn't matter how many people you had to share him with, or whether he went home with you at night, you've cared enough to blog about it as if it was your pet and people have cared enough to offer you the same compassion as if it was. If the colour of my soul is to believe that your atrocious behaviour towards me is just misplaced grief then so be it. Because if it's not that, then you're just being an arsehole for the sake of it and I'm choosing not to believe that.

2 I didn't avoid the question, I answered it in a separate comment. I immediately started typing it after the first comment, it just takes a little longer to type a serious, well thought out answer to a question than it does to type "kiss my ass" which is why it might seem like I'm responding late. And it's not just un-PC, it's outright offensive. But I chose my words very carefully because I know that you meant no offense in choosing to use it you just didn't know any better so I didn't want to say offensive, lest you thought I was accusing you of intending to be offensive. But obviously I should have thought even harder about my word choice because PC is obviously one of your triggers so you took it that way anyway. I've noticed so much American media lately referring to "Aboriginals" and it is so grating to hear or read that and it's all from people who mean well but just don't know any better, but it's still incorrect and someone needs to correct it or it'll just continue. And don't pretend you weren't attempting to start the PC bullshit by mentioning Aboriginal people in the first place. It's the Godwin's Law of discussions about Australia. If you really want to start something interesting that's actually on-topic, ask why the same negative social situation that existed in London in 1788 (lack of inclusion, high unemployment, urban poverty, alcohol abuse) that caused so much crime then is allowed to exist today in Australia's Aboriginal communities. Ask why offenders don't get the same opportunities for rehabilitation today that the convict settlers got back then. Ask why in a country with no death penalty we could allow an Aboriginal elder to die in the back of a prisoner transport truck because he was driven more than 800 km between court and jail in searing outback heat. Is it any less immoral for the government to fail over and over in its duty of care than it is to give a lethal injection? Those are important questions. I'm not required to take your bait on everything.

3 You haven't called me on any bullshit. I'm stupid enough to think I'm having a civilised conversation with adults. But in "calling me out," you don't offer rebuttal for what I say, you don't ask questions or ask me to clarify things that might be ambiguous, you don't offer your own opinions, you just leave your bitchy little "In other words ..." messages. I can ask madfuckingdingo a civilised question in a civilised blog about the fucking death penalty of all things and he can give me a civilised answer and then you just can't resist the opportunity to show up, after the fact, despite maddingo having understood the question and answered the question and leave one of your pointless little "in other words ..." comments because you don't like religion. We all know you don't like religion and please continue to share your thoughts about religion in blogs about religion. But in the context of that blog it was off-topic and irrelevant and just a veiled personal attack. If I ask a question starting with "Do you think ...?" obviously the base assumption is that people have their own opinions and can think for themselves. If you knew anything at all about how the death penalty relates to Catholicism you'd know that the Queen Bee has graciously permitted us to have whatever opinions we like about that issue in spite of her personal letter-writing campaigns. My opinion is something that I've come to based on a lot of questioning, reading, meditation and reflection on the subject both personally and in the context of wider culture, both secular and religious. So don't dismiss my opinion as if it isn't my own and don't dismiss my curiosity as to how other people have arrived at theirs. It's so offensive.

4 The fact that you're bringing the dog up again only proves to me that you care significantly about it and are upset as if it were your own. Obviously I can read and understand "office dog" for what it is. I was reading between the lines. If you want to clarify that you're not upset about the dog, I'll believe you.

5 I guess you're a shadow of a corpse then.

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

i dont get this whole argument.

but yes, voting counts some, but staff gets the final say. which is what everyone said

[+duracell-]

OMG

this is why we can't have nice things.

bemin

I will not lie... I got so much more than expected when I asked my question...

bemin

yeah the way I see it.. (my take) they want you to promote the site (the business) and a way to see that you did that is by the votes.. people creating new account ect... But at the end of the day, they will choose the design that they feel, will have the best sales...

bemin

shirtflirt

U think im gnna read that verbal diarrhea?

SJ27

I couldn't give a shit if you read it or not.

tl:dr version: You're an areshole. Don't come near me again.

shirtflirt

thank you. i'm surprised it didn't take you an hour and half to type that out.

probably did.

"don't come near me again" are you serious? one of these days dude you'll get your head out of your own ass and smell some fresh air.

yannyfanny

dammm lots of anger here!!!.. votes do count bro!

bemin

hehehe... well... Im confused on how the voting counts... heres the thing Ive seen shirts with amazing scores... that didnt get made...

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

SJ, you sure write a lot for someone who doesn't care if it gets read...

Is there some ongoing feud happening here? I honestly don't get it.

shirtflirt

no there's no ongoing feud.

sj just likes to get upset and validate his existence

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us