Close
One second...

The Write Stuff

D'oh! I missed the deadline for the 826 National challenge (only learned about it at the last minute), so I am submitting this as a regular design. It is inspired by my experiences volunteering for 826 National's Storytelling and Bookmaking Field Trips as a cartoonist. The kids come in and write a story together, and I illustrate it on the spot! This image is all about the kinds of things that might be swimming around in a kid's head, as represented by each letter of the alphabet (at least once). A simple 3-color design that could lend itself to other color combinations, as well.

Educating and inspiring children is a noble cause, and it can also be a lot of fun. If selected for print, a portion of my award will be donated to 826 National.

Watch this
artandstory

D'oh! I missed the deadline for the 826 National challenge (only learned about it at the last minute), so I am submitting this as a regular design. It is inspired by my experiences volunteering for 826 National's Storytelling and Bookmaking Field Trips as a cartoonist. The kids come in and write a story together, and I illustrate it on the spot! This image is all about the kinds of things that might be swimming around in a kid's head, as represented by each letter of the alphabet (at least once). A simple 3-color design that could lend itself to other color combinations, as well.

Educating and inspiring children is a noble cause, and it can also be a lot of fun. If selected for print, a portion of my award will be donated to 826 National.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

NICE

artandstory

Thanks! Hooray, it's up! :-)

jamiefitz

I don't know which letters are my favorite. P-rincess and F-airy charm me, of course, but B-igfoot, P-izza and P-irate are also pretty great!

cincygal

What an imagination - this is an original work of art.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

awesome

peterfitz

I'm going to use the c word—cute!

wenderyeh

I love W for Wizard!!!

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

◠‿◠✿

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

awesome $5

dzeri29
dzeri29 profile pic Alumni

$5

Stettinius

That's my birthday boy!

artandstory

^That's my dad. Today's my birthday. If anyone wants to give me a birthday present, you can score this design a 5! ;-)

worstcaseex

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

I really like this, color combination and everything! It's super cute

kahly

Cute!

artandstory

^That's my dad. Today's my birthday. If anyone wants to give me a birthday present, you can score this design a 5! ;-)

artandstory

oops. double post. can't... delete... comment.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice jumble of scribbles and alphabet tee.

mlhope

Wow, one of the few mnemonic shirts that clicked with me at first glance. Great illo, great colors, great concept. +5 for sure!

@mlhope approves!

faktor..

Cooool! :)

Pixtoons

Kids should love this... and I love it too.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Great!

artandstory

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and scores! 4 more days to go! :-)

Mat Pringle
Mat Pringle profile pic Alumni

Excellent work - love the colours especially - I want the kids haircut too.

Pigologist

nice illo (^@@^)

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

I like it! 5$

krystyle

:) Good luck! A perfect 5

artandstory

I've posted a sketch from the "making of" this design, plus mockups on several colors of Tee (silver, purple, light yellow, light pink, light blue, creme, and black) on my blog. :-D

Winck

Beautiful job!

Sheepdogger

You are very talented.. great work.

PBOt

Really like this! nice!

vivreausoleil

Nice work indeed. Wish we'll soon be able to enjoy your design in France.

artandstory

Scoring ended a couple days ago or so — just want to say thanks again to everybody for the respectable score. I hope it makes it to print! We shall see.

:-)

No account?
Join Us