Close
One second...

Obligatory Chicago 2011 Blog

Another meetup in the bag. It was an interesting one as always.

I was riding the moody motorcycle a bit throughout the weekend, maybe more than usual. A lot of it just dealt with me wondering how good of at friendship I am. This was exacerbated by random minute things, like thoughts of my family having to move amidst a statewide blackout or the fact that Anna was pretty much consistently mad at me up until the last 5 minutes of the meetup.

Still, I can't deny the fun I had. Here are some highlights.

• Portal 2 and ribs with Joe. That big fan level is still bugging me.

• Sleeping buttington to buttington with Mike.

• Anna's excitement for ferris wheels coupled with her extreme fear of heights, which was followed immediately by a group of Amish men getting on said ferris wheel.

• Mike's explanation and napkin diagram of inside toilets.

If you don't understand that, you should retake butt class. Butts 101.

• Meeting Steve, who should just change his username to Steve the Greatest.

• The worst Jay Leno and Bill Cosby impersonations but the best John Lennon and Tom Cruise. And Haya's slow-mo Paula Dean.

• Free breakfasts every day.

• GOLFWANGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Shrugs out the wazoo. Pretty sure my shoulders got a work out you wouldn't believe.

• Swearing off of funny voices for an hour. Except there weren't any stakes. But it still led to the best pun-off in the history of life. Mike's coffin pun remains the sole winner.

• Going tandem on a suit with Brandon. WE'RE WINNING NEXT YEAR SO BE READY FOR THE PAIN, PHIL.

• SuperRyan's first ever boba: "Myeahhhh, it's all right. Tastes like water."

• Sitting at the Chinese restaurant, watching some Chinese TV drama involving girls throwing horse poop at some boys.

• Being superstars with Mike and taking pictures with a homeless man from New York who lost all his teeth and dropped the profound statement that "shit is shit".

• Pictures at the Bean. I'm just waiting for Randy to upload some gifs.

• Total bloody nose count by the end of the trip: 3.

I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff but I'm sure others will remind me as I go.

All in all, I had fun. The trip made me realize just how much I care about y'all, and even if things will probably continue to change next year--with the site and with people--I don't think that loving you will be any different.

But shit is shit, man.

Special thanks to:

• Joe for letting me crash at his place. You are the man and I owe you big.

• Becca for helping me get to Chicago in the first place (even though I barely saw you the whole trip).

• YOU.

THE VIDEO IS HERE.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

You give me smiles in the facial region :^)

courtney pie

There was a ferris wheel time?!

courtney pie

We barely said hello, but I know that I will see you for a dinner soon. Because this is me saying we should all have dinner soon.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

You're too good for yourself, Alvin. Don't beat yourself up too hard about things.

I mean, isn't rubbing butts together good enough for you??!?!

boysbeambitious

I really wish I could've been there :( miss ya'll too much.

Twiggyhall

I missed Alwin blogs while you were gone.

Chipmnk

Ryan: I'm glad you came out and talked a bit more this year. By next year, you'll be drinking bubble teas and holding long conversations.

Evan: as always, it was great to see you. Our meetings were short, but when we did meet, there were laughs all around. You'll be a great dad.

Courtney: Yeah, we went to Navy Pier on Friday morning. I think everyone was sleeping at that time so we didn't bother waking any other groups up. And yes, we should always have dinner all the time. Also, sorry if I was a little snappy on Saturday night. I was just trying to get people back to the hotel, which isn't an excuse for me to be so rude. ;(

Murkel: I WILL RUB ON YOUR BUTTINGTON SO HARD THAT YOU WILL HAVE A TATU OF ME ON YOU.

Becca: Hey, gurl. I'm guessing you made it home safe and sound. I wish we'd hung out more but I guess that's just the nature of this beast. Still, I'm superrrrrr glad we went to Yummy Yummy. We are most definitely going there again next year.

Purrscilla: There was a Priscilla-shaped hole in my heart. Then again, you're also having all sorts of fun in Norway. Next year! Randy and I have been discussing a Portland trip as well.

Twiggz: I barely even make blogs thoughhhhhh. And they usually end up just filled with pictures of butts.

Chipmnk

That is not an excuse to post pictures of butts in this blog.

kayceislost

Oh man i better be drinking bubble tea with Alvin in the near future!

Chipmnk

Deeann: I'm glad I hung out with you more this year! I'll definitely try making it out to the East coast once you've moved to Philly.

Kayce: Me toooooo~ I hope the voicemail we left was intelligible.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

i hear the breakfast was good. i wish i had gotten breakfast.

Chipmnk

The breakfast was pretty damn good. Scrambled eggs, some sort of meat, some sort of potato, French toast, waffles, milk, soda, and all the cranberry juice you could ever want.

tracerbullet

unlimited juice?! that breakfast sounds off the hook!

Omair

shit is shit, yo.

SnakeMan
SnakeMan profile pic Alumni

what is this meetup you speak of. sounds terrible.

Twiggyhall

I missed all of the potential blogs you could have been making, had you been here and in a blog-making mood.

taz-pie

I AM HERE FOR TEH BUTTZ PHOTOZ

Chipmnk

Brian: I wish you were around longer. Mike wanted to make soup for you so bad.

Omair: You would have liked that homeless man. He had all kinds of philosophs and business plangs.

Rob: You better make it next year. Or else. :|

Twiggz: Me on a blog-making mood pretty much leads to Livejournal posts about the Jello I ate.

Twiggyhall

Jello can be SIGNIFICANT.

SnakeMan
SnakeMan profile pic Alumni

or else... butt?

tracerbullet

i keep hearing that mike and steve really wanted to make me soup. those guys...those guys are the guys.

i really, really, really wish i could've stayed, but i'm positive that i wouldn't have gotten better if i had. there's no way i could've taken as good of care of myself in a hotel room than i did at home in my apartment. and there's no way i was gonna depend on other people (probably deeann) to help me out when there was so much fun to be had elsewhere. i hate being that guy, regardless of how wonderfully kind you all are.

next year i will make sure my body isn't a jerk.

Chipmnk

We spent much of dinner on Thursday thinking of ways to make you feel better.

I suggested strippers.

tracerbullet

strippers: is there anything they can't do?

rhythmdev9

You givSuperRyan on Sep 13 '11 at 12:10am You give me smiles in the penis region :^)

Chipmnk

Wow, look at the old man trying to use technology.

Chipmnk

Take a hike, Wrinkles. Don't you have a bingo game to get to?

Twiggyhall

italic penis smiles are the best kind

alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

it was great seeing you again man!

Chipmnk

Awesome seeing you, Alvaro!

Steve The Great

Alvin you are cooler than I thought you'd be AND I THOUGHT YOU'D BE SO GODDAMN COOL

westond
westond profile pic Alumni

I wish I could have been theeeeeeerrreeeee

Chipmnk

Psh, I'm not as cool as that Steve the Great fella. Did you meet that guy? He left mapo tofu in the fridge!

Weston, you make sure to be there next year. College or no college.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Chipmnk on Sep 13 '11 at 10:20am The breakfast was pretty damn good. Scrambled eggs, some sort of meat, some sort of potato, French toast, waffles, milk, soda, and all the cranberry juice you could ever want.

My favorite was still the scones and sauce.

And I'm super glad I got to hang out with you so much this year, Alvin! One really good thing about there being so few of us at the hotel was that we all got to hang out so much.

Chipmnk

Oh man, scones and sauce. ;)

And yeah! I don't mind not hanging out in such a big group if it means hanging out so much with Deeann.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I'll always remember our too-brief waltz at Frontier.

Chipmnk

Oh mannnnn, I was slow-dancing with Ryan during karaoke. I would have chosen you as my dance partner but you were sleeping.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Ryan is the best substitute me I could ever ask for.

Chipmnk

Ryan is pretty much a white girl.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

My vagina is blushing right now

rhythmdev9

SuperRyan on Sep 13 '11 at 6:24pm My vagina is dripping right now

wow, tmi

pilihp
pilihp profile pic Alumni

good job, alvin. i'm proud of ya.

Chipmnk

Ryan's vagenies, granting three wishes.

Thanks, Phil. I'm proud of YOU.

Omair

Oh fuck I love white girls

Mya Jamila

The swings were so much fun. :) Thanks for everything guys!

Chipmnk

Dang Omair. There were so many hip white chicks at Renegade with their dogs you wouldn't believe.

Chipmnk

Also, I finished the video. It came out to 33 minutes. I'm considering splitting it up. But. Probably not.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us