Close
One second...

Changes to the 1.5 rule

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Aug 25, 2005
  • 582 Comments

We've made some changes today to the 1.5 rule. (What's the 1.5 rule?) There are 2 main points to note:

1. Every design will have at least 24 hours to be scored. We are no longer using 100 votes as the qualification for removal.
  2. We are no longer using an average score of 1.5 as the minimum score to stay in the running. We will now be using an arbitrary score that is made up of multiple variables including the number of I'd buy it requests and the design's average score. These exact scores will not be made public.

If your design is removed from the running, you will receive an email notification as to why it was removed.

We hope this makes things a bit more fair!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 12
bortwein

Oh Snap!

sarahrae

Thats a great thing! Thanks for listening to all the feedback that came off of the 1.5 rule.

Knowing that you listen is always appreciated.

But what about designs that have been killed off in the last week or so from the 1.5 rule. By any chance would we be able to resubmit them 1 time only?

tesko

Thats great news, good call.

lenabean

thanks threadless team!

kypade

doubt an ''arbitrary'' score made up of ''variables'' is gonna go over too well...especially if it causes 1.6s or so to drop. but, hey...sounds good enough to me.

Luke...

sounds good "threadless"....
you've appeased the masses with #1
and also upgraded the qualification process for yourselves and all with #2...
thats good business...

Leslee

It just gets better and better.

KatieTheMofo

Cool.
I like arbitrary rules.

bortwein

This does kind of make me even more nervous about being filtered out, but I can't figure out why yet.

littlem

hmmm. very interesting.

Kamiblue

Does this mean that we can resubmit designs that dropped out under the old 1.5 rule?

thatsnotnormal

That's cool. :)
Thanks, Threadless.

Operator

Thank you. Seriously.

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

no, you can't resubmit designs that were already submitted and dropped

Robsoul

mathematics my dear watson, mathematics

there were only some occassions where the 1.5 rule work against us, but it did serve a good purpose.

MoniqueH

Oh, great. This means crappy designs will be around longer.

travis76

yes, math, more people means you need to expand the voting system as well.
great idea. thanks for listening, if you did.

Kamiblue

Too bad we cant resub I think my Five Card Stud design deserved better-must've been the text

themidtownkoala

While I tend to agree with MoniqueH in general, I am excited to increase my number of submissions scored. Go 15000!

moodyfaye

"Thanks for listening to all the feedback "

sharpie

that sounds cool.

Ava Adore

yeah thats a better scoring system.

fatclike

People who can't take competition might as well quit. If a design is recieving a low score early on, it's probably going to stay that way. I like most of the shirts they decide to print, but who seriously has time to thumb through all the crappy submittions. I say the more they weed out, the better! (even if it's mine)

MrDomino

With a very few exceptions I have really no problems with the original 1.5 rule. I think you could even go to a 2.0 rule. Would some of mine be dropped? Sure, but when they do I know to try harder.

I think there should be exceptions of course, but that could be left to Threadless staff.

Webbins

Sounds a bit too mathematical to me, but if it cuts out the crap then it's all good.

Iwouldbejosh

This sounds way better than before

bigshape

this fills me with dread/glee or something.

travis76

sigh...too late for homo superius...

but make the monkey tag 'threadless' and maybe i'll resubmit

Pifman

Well I think this is a good idea.

tesko

This is the new shizzle, ignore that other one

Sitniz

Alright, good deal :)

Peachcupcake

sounds a lot better :)

simster214

These exact scores will not be made public.

^^Aw. Why?!

OlliRudi

they're a bit too secretive here at threadless, it'd be nice to see how many "i'd buy it"s designs scored..

simster214

^^I know olli! I'd love to see it, even if it was just for my own designs.

w4nderl4nd

Why do the exact scores will not be made public???

adam antium

i'll never get printed!
:P

kaloyster

I've noticed some designs (very great too! ex. ste7en's) and it has a This design has ended early thing. And it's almost near to end scoring. Why is that?

hogboy

great

Ste7en

yeah I just wrote them about those two...I dont get it...I also cant believe they got identical scores

Papaprime

I wonder why it noted mine was dropped early, scored a 2.26 and lasted all 7 days. The notation that it was dropped early popped up this evening...?

steve_swartz

i think they have some bugs in the code that drops things. it's changed with the new site, as compared to what they're talking about here. have you sent email via the support alias to threadless central? or created a bug report blog with "SKAW" in the title or something?

Papaprime

sartz, npoe. I've never done a bug report, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 12
No account?