Close
One second...

New Wacom Gadget

This looks pretty awesome! Anyone about to buy a tablet might consider waiting a few more weeks...

Watch this
fuloprichard
fuloprichard profile pic Alumni

what? what? what? so excited what? whaaaaat?

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Thats nice to carry around when you're on the go, but I'd still want a regular tablet to use when in front of a desktop.

fuloprichard

that layer feature is awesome... gonna buy one as soon as it's available.

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Yeah, this is awesome. The layer feature is the best part; however, this won't replace a tablet. I'd still need one for coloring in photoshop.

Still, at $200, it is pretty affordable.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

That's chuffing brilliant! Thanks for the heads up. I like the idea that you can decide later if you want it to be vector or raster. I struggle not being able to see what I'm drawing, there's no way I can justify an Intuos. This will be perfect for me. Hope it works as well as it does on the video.

fuloprichard

yeah it's really not intended to replace regular tablets.. it will be a pain in the ass to work with it front of a comp (you should reupload every changes..)

but you get great freedom with this gadget, there are many times when i just want to go out to a park or somewhere, maybe to drink a coffee and just doodle, sketch something, but then i realise that im just too lazy to digitalise those, so instead i just stay home and use my tablet to sketch on my comp.

That's why i recently planned to by an Asus Slate which is a tablet pc with windows 7, capable to run photoshop and stuff, and u get a wacom pen with it, but that costs 1000-1300 $..

bengineer
bengineer profile pic Alumni

Yeah, right, it's definitely no replacement for a tablet. I was just addressing those among us who won't be able to afford both ;)

dschwen
dschwen profile pic Alumni

IS THIS FOR REAL?

Man, I am drooling!

bengineer

fuloprichard on Aug 30 '11 at 9:39am but then i realise that im just too lazy to digitalise those, so instead i just stay home

same here! that's why i love this so much

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Ooh new toys! I wonder if the drawing area is limited to the size of a notebook page.

bengineer

a4 is max

fat pigeon
fat pigeon profile pic Alumni

Looking forward to getting one of these.

Retroludo
Retroludo profile pic Alumni

I saw this the other day and I'm pretty excited about what this new technology could do!

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

has anyone got one of this yet? i want to know how good it is

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Seriously! Ive been waiting to hear if someone got on and likes it

No account?