Close
One second...

Litter Bug

• by emeryg
  • posted Aug 19, 2011
  • 38 Comments

This design is based on Tyler Remmel article "green is as green does" for the T-Post comp.
In Tyler's article he covers the issues of the green movement and how some brands have jumped on the brandwagon to 'be green' by association. He makes particular reference to brands such as Windex, Pledge, Lays and Sun Chips all of which can be found in the above design (hopefully obscured enough to avoid any copyright infringement!).

The main focus of this design has been the Sun Chips compostable bag which is an interesting solution to the issue of rubbish, litter/trash and eventually landfill, sure this is produced by the big brands of the world but its in our hands, the hands of the consumers and end user to disregard it - so in effect we're the litterbugs of this world looking to nature to clean up our shit!

I've also purposely avoided using a Green shirt for this design to help strengthen the message in the article about not being green for green sake after all "green is as green does" - I hope you can find the time to read Tyler's article and make sense of this as I'm more about pictures than words! Thanks for reading and viewing this design I hope you like!

Watch this
emeryg
emeryg profile pic Alumni

This design is based on Tyler Remmel article "green is as green does" for the T-Post comp. In Tyler's article he covers the issues of the green movement and how some brands have jumped on the brandwagon to 'be green' by association. He makes particular reference to brands such as Windex, Pledge, Lays and Sun Chips all of which can be found in the above design (hopefully obscured enough to avoid any copyright infringement!).

The main focus of this design has been the Sun Chips compostable bag which is an interesting solution to the issue of rubbish, litter/trash and eventually landfill, sure this is produced by the big brands of the world but its in our hands, the hands of the consumers and end user to disregard it - so in effect we're the litterbugs of this world looking to nature to clean up our shit!

I've also purposely avoided using a Green shirt for this design to help strengthen the message in the article about not being green for green sake after all "green is as green does" - I hope you can find the time to read Tyler's article and make sense of this as I'm more about pictures than words! Thanks for reading and viewing this design I hope you like!

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

Great work Em!

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

love this one $5

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

◠‿◠✿

dEMOnyo

nice one dude!!!

cintrao
cintrao profile pic Alumni

outstanding work 5

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

So clever, especially for the contest.

emeryg

Thanks everyone! This one was alot of fun to do as I started with a papermasha ball and went from there! Thanks again!

mickjuju

very clever, good use of the brief for the comp. will have a t-shirt and bag please.

xevixeis

Clever and well done!

badbasilisk
badbasilisk profile pic Alumni

lovely done!!

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

5$$$$$$$$$$

heatherzandradesigns

I'm really liking this. I will say, I like it better on the shirt than on the bag, but I love this concept.. I love the style and execution. Totally relevant to t-post! Great work!

messing

Very nice!

emeryg

Thanks for the support guys!

freehand
freehand profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Hah :-) Clever!

EN AJUSTES

Strong concept, great execution

ivejustquitsmoking
ivejustquitsmoking profile pic Alumni

Great illo and nice take on the article!

sboterod

Amazing work!

Roger1985

good job!

Roger1985

good job!

emeryg

Big Thanks 2 Everyone!

dschwen
dschwen profile pic Alumni

Awesome work! $5