football (the not american kind) learnings

Team picked:

I need to learn about this other football.
What are the rules?

Watch this
spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

you sicken me

spacesick

this is all you need!

courtney pie

turn off the video games and go outside you geek!

spacesick

haha. turn off the tv and go outside you sheek!

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni
  1. nobody is allowed anywhere near the ball.
  2. you have to dance in the corner near a mini stripper pole.
  3. if someone passes nearby you have to fall down clutching your face, and then limp for the next 2 minutes.
spacesick

it's 5 am

courtney pie

does this happen? but with guys?

fc gravy

when picking a team it's wise to avoid picking smokers and/or festively plump but wait until you find out the offside rule, you'll hate it! but if you persist you'll learn to hate it less :)

spacesick

pretty sure everything I need to know about soccer, I learned in third grade

halftime = juice drinks and oatmeal creme pies

mullmuggins

I think my football (American) learnings blog got off to a slightly more helpful start.

To give some guidance, for a team to support, Courtney is looking for the team most known for its drunkenness. We may be able to come up with some other useful criteria while she is sleeping, so please make suggestions.

spacesick

no that seems about right to me

mullmuggins

hahaha

and awww @ 3rd grade soccer Mitch!

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

the rules are - 11 vs 11 - who scores more than the opponent wins. - if you do a foul, it's free kick (two touch if not a bad foul,or far from the "box",direct to goal if it's a bad foul/close to the box) -if the foul's its' in the box, it's penalty kick. -if the last man in defense line do a foul, it's a red card. -not so heavy fouls/protests/stupid acting/taking shirt off to celebrate, it's a yellow card. (2 yellows=1red) -if you launch a man of your team while is behind the opposite defense line, it's offside (free kick for other team) -ball thrown out of side lines : opposite team relauches ball with the hands -ball out of end of field line : corner kick or goal kick depending on which team player touche sthe ball last. - if you pick a team, pick one of my faves: FC Juventus or Manchester United.

i think it's enough. :D

SJ27

Every 15 metres, you have to bounce the ball. Then you get to kick it between the big goal posts. You don't have to kick it over anything because that's like, really, really hard. If you get it in, you get six points. If you miss, you still get a point since you tried your best.

If you're trying to catch the ball, and there's no one in front of you, that means you're the guy who's about to get kicked in the back.

If you do catch the ball, that means you get to take a free kick at the goal.

SJ27

I don't even like the AFL. I used to like the NRL, but now I don't.

In rugby league, you have to get the ball over the try line and put it down on the ground. This is called scoring a try.

Other than that, it's a psychological battle of wills between brainless cavemen.

It's important to get into a fight. Even if you lose the game, if you win the fight you're still a winner.

Russell Crowe half-owns the South Sydney Rabbitohs. He's always trying to push cheap merchandise onto his celebrity buddies named Jay, like Z and Leno, but I doubt they're interested.

courtney pie

If you miss, you still get a point since you tried your best.

hahaha

I need to want to pick a team from the premier league

Twiggyhall

if someone passes nearby you have to fall down clutching your face, and then limp for the next 2 minutes.

TROOF.

We are so going to a Sounders game next time you are here. They are so effing much fun.

Twiggyhall

And unlike the Mariners, they actually win sometimes!!

courtney pie

Haha unlike the Mariners we might actually watch the game?

shirtflirt

Is less than rugby union

bafocomics

also, if you do this you win the world warrior cup instantly

fc gravy

^^hahaha, that is awesome! i gotta try that nxt time.

courtney pie

I still need a team to cheer on! My trip is next week!

No account?
Join Us