Walking Dead Season 8 - Comicon Trailer!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 35
d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

it's nothing to do with her appearance, she's just such a perpetual pessimist. she makes a big deal out of everything. i just finished episode 3 and the ending was a bit predictable. shane's been set up as selfish and deceptive all along so it was no surprise.

EricDiaz

But why did he shoot Otis in the leg then wrestle around with him in that weird hair-pulling fight? At least put the guy out of his misery...

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

She annoys the bejeezus out of me, to the point of inventing the phrase "young old woman face".

I wonder if the guy in the first episode will ever be in it again. The guy with a kid who Rick thinks he's talking to on the walkie. I like the idea that they are somewhere having a parallel story to the one that's being told in the series.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

But why did he shoot Otis in the leg then wrestle around with him in that weird hair-pulling fight? At least put the guy out of his misery... I guess live bait is more of a distraction for the zombs

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

yeah, he kneecapped him to slow him down so he could get away, but otis got hold of him.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i'm a bit pissed that actor had to come and go so fast. i like him. he was in x-files and deadwood and has cool twitchy eyes.

shirtflirt

and cough heroes too cough

his eyes are krazy

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

i think youre thinking about the other fat white guy, al

stubby43

I wish they'd stop trying to make shane into the bad guy, I know it adds drama but it seems like most of his decisions are made with the best of intentions and then the group (Well mainly lori) is a complete dick to him.

Every time something goes wrong he's either the first to volunteer or a close second beaten only by the resident hero rick, he spent the episode before the kid got shot looking for a little girl who is more than likely dead, then he risked his life to go get vital equipment for the operation.

That mission was a death sentence yet he still went through with it so he could save the woman he loves and his best friends child.

He made a difficult choice, it didn't look like the both of them were going to survive and that probably would have meant the kid would have died too.

I know the noble thing would have been to sacrifice himself but would any of us actually do it? If he did he'd have to trust otis to get out of their alive and save the kid, otis never exactly proved himself.

canceromega

Where did these people get running water from?

EricDiaz

^good point, and aren't those porch lights zombie magnets at night?

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

Maybe they have a well? I don't know how water works.

I'm more surprised that they have electricity.

Maybe Shane could have been like, "Hey, let's see how close we can get to the truck before I fucking kill you?"

It's a tv show. I dunno. I like watching it, so yeah...

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

lol.. People who are claiming about Shane must not know anything about the comics.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

sorry were not all Walking Dead ~experts~ like you

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

lori is a dick to everyone. lori is just a dick. it's also her fault the little girl got lost because she restrained her mother instead of letting her help the kid or at least distract the zombies. she's the worst. and shane is the bad guy because shane is a bad guy. he's obsessed with lori. there's got to be something wrong with him. he didn't need to kill otis. he could have entrenched him somewhere making a lot of noise to attract the zombies while he got away and then come back from him. the bottom line is he's selfish.

SJ27

Haragos on Oct 31 '11 at 9:32pm lol.. People who are claiming about Shane must not know anything about the comics.

I thought the plot had diverged from that of the comics, like Dexter.

SuperRyan

They have a fence to keep the zombies out

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

yeah, as glen arrived the chick was all "did you shut the gate?" they have a gate. probably some of those slatted cattle grid dealies too that are impossible to walk across. couldn't be safer.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

the plot swings away and comes back from time to time SJ. the accidental shooting and arrival at the farm were straight out of the books.

Haragos

@SJ27

Oh, I know. Walking Dead is more loosely based on the Graphic Novels. Very clear now.

I was just merely commenting that Shane is better off in this series than he is in the comics. I will miss Otis as he survived much longer in the books but sadly got 1 1/2 episodes and bam.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Haragos on Oct 31 '11 at 9:32pm lol.. People who are claiming about Shane must not know anything about the comics.

That shouldn't make a difference. If enjoyment of the series depends on knowledge of the comics, then it's not a good series. I love the comics but I'm now trying to enjoy the series as a stand alone thing.

I wish they'd stop trying to make shane into the bad guy, I know it adds drama but it seems like most of his decisions are made with the best of intentions and then the group (Well mainly lori) is a complete dick to him.

I think that's what's making Shane one of the most interesting characters - he's not an out and out bad guy, and everything he's done has been for the good of the group. I think it was pretty obvious by his actions on returning that shooting Otis was not something he did because he wanted to - he needed to, and the result was that he got away and the kid was saved, which was the ultimate aim of that mission.

I agree, Lori is such a whiny bitch, even within that apocalyptic context. She's definitely a hard character/actress to sympathise with.

SuperRyan

I was honestly surprised that the Walkers could even climb stairs. Coordination isn't their strong suit.

Bramish

Bloody italics!

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

I do at least like that the missing girl plot point so far hasnt taken the easy route. I cant even remember if the girl was in the books, but I get the feeling she'll either show up as a kid zombie or they will find her hiding, locked in a car or something.

Bramish

Yeah, the fact that she's been gone a few episodes makes me hopeful that it's not gonna be a quick fix when they do find her - it's gonna be good I reckon.

Haragos

Shane is morally gray that care about the "main" group more than other people. The problem is.. that hair shaving scene looked like he was becoming unhinged.

Haragos

@Ste7en

She's in the comics but never get lost. At least, I don't recall her getting lost.

SuperRyan

If it keeps cows in and coyotes out, then it can block against zombies

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

he might have just shaved his head because his hair almost got him killed. didn't that woman have two sons in the book instead of one daughter?

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

also that walker they found hanging in the tree hung himself because he was infected and then other walkers ate his leg meat, but walkers don't eat the infected.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

The sitting on the porch at night scene WAS kind of odd. Not just to avoid being zombie bate but sitting on an unscreened porch during a Georgia summer is asking to be mosquito fodder; Seriously chillin' out there is asking for hundreds of bites. I also agree that the fence does not seem like enough of a deterrent to give safety.

Lori IS getting more and more annoying. I am not sure if it is the way she written or the way she acted.

Interesting point about the walkers eating there own. That does seem a little odd.

I think Haragos keeps chiming in about the Graphic Novel because the show moves at a crawl compared to the written version. I think the anticipation of great things to come is grating on The Walking Dead reader fan base.

SuperRyan

Maybe the guy botched his hanging and didn't die and then got his legs munched on and then turned Walker?

stubby43

I kind of thought the hair shaving was partially him becoming a bit more unhindged but I kind of felt like he might of been trying to hide the cut, with his hair short a clump missing might be less obvious.

But I also agree he's feeling very guilty over his actions.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

Maybe the guy botched his hanging and didn't die and then got his legs munched on and then turned Walker?

he left a note saying he hung himself because he was bitten and getting a fever. maybe it wasn't genuine walker infection though.

shirtflirt

how do you know it's a spoiler if this TV SHOW is verging in different directions than the books? damn you're annoying.

and leon, didn't dude say his leg meat was deteriorating or something? from the infection?

his sign was funny:

got bit world's gone to shit

something something something

and that last scene was an homage to apacolypse now if nothing else. he's in a war, and he's getting his game face on.

Haragos

The spoilers is more broad based that has to do with the zombies and not other characters. That is why said spoiler might still be a MAJOR spoiler to the tv show.

Otis a dick? Shane shot him in the leg! I'd do the same exact thing... I'm taking people with me.

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

Killing Otis was cold in my opinion, he manned up and got the supplies and saved Shane's ass when he was backed up against the fence. Getting shot in the leg and beaten and left for a horrible zombie death the deserved karma for shooting that kid? I think not.

I think Shane's like a wild animal since what's her face rejected him and his driving himself nuts with their affair. The shaved head was a symbol of him becoming more feral than man.

Haragos

Otis didn't MEAN to shoot Carl. He didn't even know he was there.. So he desired to be left to die when he risked his life to save the kid that he didn't mean you hurt?

If people like it or not Shane is becoming a problem and Rick will have to put him down later... Or maybe someone else will do it. Mwwhahahaha!

Haragos

But it didn't come down to Otis or Carl dying. It came down to he wanted an easy way out and he took it.

I'm just saying he's becoming Unhinged. But who am I to judge? No one wants to be around me in a Zombie infected world. I'd betray everyone.

shirtflirt

"I'm just saying he's becoming Unhinged. But who am I to judge? No one wants to be around me in a Zombie infected world. I'd betray everyone. "

why do you capitalize unhinged?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 35