Walking Dead Season 8 - Comicon Trailer!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 35
Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

I know they plan to have the governor (though Frank Darabont was fired mid season), I was just saying the thing about merle not being the governor

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

Yeah I get what your saying. Charity.. I can promise you 100% that Merle was not shooting at the deer.

Ste7en

I never got very far in the series (I think through 2 big arcs)...I dont tend to stick with comics very long...only fables, invincible and joss whedons run on astonishing x-men in recent years

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

quick-brown-fox on Oct 19 '11 at 10:33am Reading this out of the corner of my eye, need to get the graphic novels!

I was planning on saying this the whole time I was reading the second page...then he said it for me!

shirtflirt

funny about Frank D being fired is his pen name is on all the episodes.

Ste7en

well he was the main writer for the series, he may have written more than he directed/ran, or people may have assumed that on imdb when the big thing about him firing all the writers and only using freelancers when he didnt have time to write a script himself spread online, even though it wasnt very true

shirtflirt

he sounds like an ass with a good idea.

lotta those around here.

EricDiaz

I just heard about this show yesterday and I watched the first season last night online, working on the first episode of this season now...

From what I understand if they even get one drop of the diseased blood in their eyes or mouth they become infected. How is it that they are bashing these things in from a foot away, blood spraying everywhere, and that not happen?!

Like when they jumped that one zombie eating the deer or when the woman in the RV is stabbing the skinny one in the eye, his blood is all over her face, next to her eye, uughhhuuhhggg!!

shirtflirt

imo, besides shawshank his writing cv isn't that great...the fly 2, nightmare on elm street 3, green mile was nice...

and he's credited with writing this season as well.

Ste7en

I dont know why he sounds like an ass, the rumors really werent true (which I said)...he didnt just go and fire a bunch of staff writers and claim the series for himself.

Ste7en

He was supposedly fired for not backing down on budget issues when AMC wanted to cut it drastically...he felt the show needed the larger budget to continue to maintain the quality the book demanded...sounds like a guy that has some artistic integrity, even if he isnt a perfect writer

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

about 1% plot development in that last episode

shirtflirt

that's true, ste7en. it's just cliche to hear about a creative go, go beserk and fire his staff(even though you said it wasn't true), and then go to head to head with a studio only to lose and have his product sufffer.

that's all.

and yeah, jeffrey. i got pissed about 3/4 of the way through and stopped watching/passed out

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

2nd episode was pretty dull - if it doesn't pick up excitementwise in the next couple I'm gonna stop watching it.

Ste7en

Walking dead to me is about the characters, not the plot...or rather getting to the cornerstone moments people are waiting for from the books...I agree this episode didn't move things forward, but some interesting things happened with characters...not my favorite episode, but it didnt put me to sleep 6.9/10

Bramish

I'd appreciate some good characters too. So far Daryl is by far my favourite with Dale being the only other one I really care about. I still don't think Andrew Lincoln makes a good Rick - all I see is Egg from This Life.

shirtflirt

well, if this is going to stand on it's own as a tv show it better pick up a little bit.

Chipmnk

So I didn't miss out on much.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i'm going to keep watching. it's got some flaws but it's still among the most interesting things on tv at the moment. the pilot remains the best episode so far, but at least it's not another cop drama.

[+duracell-]

"Hey look, 100 zombies.. ah well these flares will distract them for a good 30 seconds, LET'S DO THIS!"

wtf? I hope they both die

[+duracell-]

No way that fatbody keeps up

vinnylo

SEASON 3 HERE WE COME!

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

I watch The Walking Dead

rhythmdev9

^mmmmm Lauren Cohan, so hot

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

Wonder where Merle is right now with his one hand? I don't even care where the little girl is

rhythmdev9

Except in the books, Maggie does not end up with Daryl of course Daryl isn't in the books so who knows.

rhythmdev9

I agree usually care about ever character in a show I watch as religiously as I do this one, but they did very little to make me want to care about her in the first season or season two premier.

rhythmdev9

I don't give a shit about her mom either.

rhythmdev9

I'm not telling. Read the books, they are worth it. Or you could just google it.

Resonator

This show makes me hope the dead really do rise up.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Everyone loves Daryl but neither him or Shane should have any longevity. Anyway Daryl will probably pair-up with Andrea.

I hope the series runs long enough for Michonne to make an appearance.

Bramish

Episode 3 = best yet by far. I loved it. Some decent character development and some tense scenes. I finally gave a shit.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

3 is out? i only just watched two. and those of you finding it boring, is that not because you read the books and you're just waiting out the milestones? that's no way to enjoy tv.

SuperRyan

I'm still waiting to find out who killed Rosie Larson

Chipmnk

I haven't read the books, Leon, and I still found the first episode (and most of the first season) incredibly tedious/boring.

shirtflirt

goddamn this show. much better than ep 2 but still...

no, i haven't read the books either...im judging it as a tv show, not a show based on a book/collection of books. and it's a little dull.

except for haragos throwing random names out...proving he's read the books...that's always good

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

oh man, the last scene of episode 3! damn!

i thought it was a good episode this week, still a tad slow but good

shirtflirt

it's reminiscent of lost episodes where "nothing happens" until the final act/scenes.

but the comparison ends there.

DAMN YOU HOLLyWOOD AND YOUR CLIFFHANGERS

Mya Jamila

I can't even get through episode one of season two. :(

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I agree this was the best episode this season. Great tension and great little, creepy twist.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Can people tell that the main actor isn't American?

The main actor was on This Life/ Teachers (UK TV series).

SuperRyan

His accent seems more pronounced than the others'

but no, I didn't know till later on

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i noticed Dale has a pack of Morley cigarettes, just like The Smoking Man. i like fictional brands.

Chipmnk

I know the main actor was in Love Actually.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 35
No account?