Close
One second...

Walking Dead Season 7 - Comicon Trailer!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 9
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. ... 35
Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

Dale never turned because he never died? Shane turned at the same pace a typical infected people turns when they died.

Season 1 was much better because it was 6 episodes that was jammed pack with content taken mostly 100% from the comics. Kirkman decided that it was best to have some surprises and went away from the comic so the source material that is golden doesn't 100% apply anymore. More episodes in a season will do that to a show and there is 16 next year so let's up the Governor can fill those voids. I think he can, after all, he had his back story developed in a stand alone book.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

Kirkman decided that it was best to have some surprises and went away from the comic I love surprises, except when they are rubbish. For instance, if my boss was to say "surprise, no salary this month!".

Haragos

Surprise! Dale (one of the best characters in the comics) is dead! I know what you mean.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Ah yeah, I forgot they shot Dale in the head. Silly me.

shirtflirt

haragos, i don't give a fuck about the comics nor how true nor how untrue they are. i'm taking this as a television show. and i'm judging it as thus. it's not paced very well, for starters.

shirtflirt

mad men breaking bad soprano's was until season 3 luther

those are just the few i thought of in 4 seconds

shirtflirt

oh but you're right, most aren't. that's why i wonder why so many people watch so much crap.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I have to agree with Shirt that the pacing in a show like Breaking Bad is better. There's lots of great character development and side stories in Breaking Bad but it all feels essential and there's a nice density of plot development in each episode. The key is balance, and the drama and character stuff is better matched to the more action-based scenes in Breaking Bad... in part because there's always some level of suspense and consequence that carries over into even the most humble domestic scenes. The Walking Dead has felt a bit stalled to me on that farm.

I do think it's interesting to compare it to the comic because the story progression in the comic is better paced than the season has been. Don't get me wrong, I like the show a lot and will continue to watch it but I think they need to beef up the pacing significantly. Despite diverging from the comic, the show still follows the same general narrative structure in that there are lulls where the group finds some semblance of safety and peace, which is then threatened, but ideally those lulls should never overstay their welcome. The sense of peril and ever present threat is sometimes lacking since the zombies have been taking such a back seat to everything else through most of the season.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

I saw a huge spoiler on twitter before I watched the newest episode.

The finale looks like it'll be good.

Haragos

Shows with mid-season breaks normally have wacky pacing though. They shouldn't do mid-season breaks imo and the pace would ahve been smoother I think

shirtflirt

up until about 5 years ago, EVERY show had a midseason break. start in the fall...have your xmas episode, wrap in the spring and then reruns in the summer...

i'm telling you...bad writing is bad writing.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
  1. The horde, lose kid, carl gets shot
  2. Find farm, Otis and Shane go to get stuff
  3. Shane feeds Otis to Zombies, gets stuff, Carl fixed
  4. Zombie in a well, Glenn gets laid
  5. Daryl hallucinates and gets shot
  6. Zombie in shop, Shane/Andrea gets laid
  7. Zombies in barn, find zombie kid
  8. Shoot out in the bar, save Randall
  9. Not much
  10. Shane and Rick fight
  11. Kid steals gun, plays with zombie, group argue, Dale gets killed
  12. Shane kills Randall, Rick kills Shane, Carl kills Zombie shane, Horde arrives.

I'm sure that at least 4,5,6 could've been one episode, maybe 9 and 10 too.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

4,5,6 probably could have been one episode. I did, however, like episode 5 focusing mainly on Daryl, only because he's the most interesting man in the world/show.

opifan64

For sure 4,5,6 could be one episode. Daryl is a good character but I think the entire episode of him tracking the kid and then falling down the ridge was overkill. They could have sandwiched that as a subplot between the other stories and it would have been better, just hitting the key points of the story and cutting out the filler. I think it dragged a bit as an episode.

shirtflirt

shane got burned bc his intelligence was in the negative integers.

opifan64

Ultimately Rick is as much of a survivor as Shane was... maybe more so since he's the one that survived.

Bramish

Am I the only person who hated the actor playing Shane.

Confronts someone, focuses on somewhere in the distance and speaks to them whilst not looking at them, before finally turning to them awaiting their response. Does it again. And again

Haragos

How is Rick a wimp? Him and Daryl are easily the strongest survivors. Rick did not want to kill Shane. Shane made him kill him.

Rick is easy to replace? Doesn't look like it since Shane is the dead one. Looks like he's much harder to replace than Shane ever realized.

shirtflirt

bram, he's in this movie called rampart and he plays shane, just in cop outfit. so, shane from season 1 basically.

shirtflirt

you sound confused charity. if you wanna hump shane that's fine. he's still a loose canon with no purpose no sense of anything that to kill or be killed...he's primal man. dale was basically the ivory tower philosopher who's demise is proof that you can't live ideaologically in this new world. and rick is the evolution. it's evolution baby

shirtflirt

*other than to kill or be killed...

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Nobody has mentioned this but, what was wrong with Lori in that scene with Shane. Was she trying to make Shane break or genuinely oblivious to her action's consequences? WTF

shirtflirt

noooo, i haven't read the comic books...

daryl, however, is truly compelling and multi faceted.

Haragos

I thought Merle was going to end up being with Randall's people but that never panned out. Unless he's a lacky of the Governor I don't see him being part of next season at all... The Governor doesn't need to spare time with any other "villains"

opifan64

I think he's a better leader than Shane precisely because he falls somewhere between the two polarities represented by Shane and Dale. He can be conciliatory when necessary (winning Hershel's favour which allowed them to stay in relative safety on the farm) and he can also be ruthless when need be (shooting the three dudes in the bar, killing Shane).

As far as decision-making goes, he correctly deduced that hanging around on the outskirts of a zombie-infested city might not be the smartest idea (Shane on the other hand wanted to stay and wait to be "rescued"). The decision to stay lead directly to the most catastrophic losses early on. It was rational to look for the CDC even though it turned out to be a bust. To call that a bad decision requires that he be clairvoyant of unknowable circumstances.

@Josh I think Lori did that in light of Rick's eulogy for Dale. She felt like she needed to set things right so that the group could heal, but Shane took that as an opening to have Lori for his own.

This is true, and a perfect illustration of why he was such a liability. His decisions are motivated by ego, jealousy, and self interest.

Musarter

I see what you are saying about Lori but she knew he was unstable and dangerous. Knowing this, why would she validate his feelings by reasserting her own feelings? There is reconciliation... and then there is taunting. You don't taunt a known sociopath even if his intentions sometimes seem right.

I may be reading too much into this.

opifan64

I think she was just acknowledging her part in what happened and offering an olive branch by thanking him, apologizing, and giving some acknowledgment to his feelings. I didn't see it as taunting... more that Dale's death had shaken her up and made her look at her own behaviour more clearly. I've never seen Shane as a villain or sociopath per se, so I don't think his reaction was necessarily predictable.

opifan64

Also, he's a bad luck magnet only so that the writer's will have a show. No conflict = no drama. I can't point to any of his decisions as being particularly bad ones, but I'm not wracking my brain over it so feel free to refresh my memory.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

I'm starting to get mad about the amount of pointless talking. I think I'm just gonna start watcing the last 5 minutes and "previously on amc's the walking dead" recaps

[+duracell-]

[+duracell-] on Mar 12 '12 at 2:12pm So what are the chances that the farm gets swarmed next week and no one dies? O.O My money is on Chicken Lady, Silent Guy, or Carol.

Well two out of three aint bad. :) I was really hoping we'd see more of Carol attempting to defend herself with a plank of wood though.

And whoa, they just said Dale's RV was the same model used in the movie Spaceballs. Haha, thats so awesome.

Musarter

Say what you will, I was satisfied by the Finale. Season 3 is already shaping up to be better than Season 2.

Haragos

Carol needs to do something or die. Dead weight.. at least Lori can shoot a gun.

Yes, the finale was very good yet I'm sure there will be some complainers around. Michonne arrives and the prison foreshadowed.. with Rick telling everyone to shut the fuck up.

Seriously, Lori is mad at Rick? SHE'S MAD AT HIM? This dumb bitch needs to die. Shane leads him out to kill him and he defends himself (in a smart manner none-the-less) and he's the bad guy. He's also correct in not telling them about everyone being Infected. What does it matter?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
Haragos on Mar 19 '12 at 8:43am Carol needs to do something or die. Dead weight.. at least Lori can shoot a gun.

Yes, the finale was very good yet I'm sure there will be some complainers around. Michonne arrives and the prison foreshadowed.. with Rick telling everyone to shut the fuck up.

Seriously, Lori is mad at Rick? SHE'S MAD AT HIM? This dumb bitch needs to die. Shane leads him out to kill him and he defends himself (in a smart manner none-the-less) and he's the bad guy. He's also correct in not telling them about everyone being Infected. What does it matter?

It is easier for some people to get mad at others than to face reality

[+duracell-]

sooo... what happens if Lori miscarries? O.O aw man that aint right

EN AJUSTES

FUCK YEAH

That's what the whole season should've been about. Not finding friggin' Sophia. All hopes lost, no safe spots. That's what has been lacking. You keep on discussing the characters, I'll enjoy me some walkers slaughter.

Bramish

I agree with everything Haragos said. Decent finale - great seeing Michonne show up.

Lori is so fucking dumb! Was she really gonna get out if T-Dog refused to turn around?! Idiot woman.

EN AJUSTES

It also seems like Carl inherited Lori' stupidity.

Bramish

I'm still gonna complain though - what's with the days and nights in that place? It was light when they started searching for Randall, dark when they stopped. Did they spend the whole night defending the farm? Or did they drive all through the night (it was light when Maggie and Glenn are driving away), and if so how come they only got as far as the Sophia meeting point, just 2 miles from the farm?

Haragos

Seems like only Hershel and Daryl trust Rick. Glad they kept Hershel around he's a good character once he got past his denial stage.

[+duracell-]

I like how the truck runs out of the gas but the chopper is stilling goin strong

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

I like this show

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 9
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15