11. ... 32
shirtflirt

why do i punish myself every friday night

shirtflirt

and by friday i mean sunday

sunfri

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

The episode was generally boring until the final 10 minutes but the pacing for the next episode looks good.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

It was good to see Rick man-up. And by man-up I mean use his gun slinging skills to have a good ol' western style shoot out.

I hope this is setting up some great episodes to come. Much disappointment if not.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

That was not worth the wait. Lori is a fucking idiot - if Rick and Glen have gone to get Hershel, why would she believe sending Daryl out to get Rick and Glen would be a good idea. What was so urgent that she risked herself and her baby for. So dumb. When the new guys showed up I thought, "cool, new characters," and then they go and die right away.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

I hope that last scene leads to something, like the group who those two tools belong to coming after Rick and co. More probably they'll spend the rest of the season looking for Lori, then find her in a barn as a Walker. Then she'll give birth to a lizard and they'll cancel the series.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

lol wtf john

[+duracell-]

but seriously though she looked like she was doing 35mph a slow ass walker wanders into the road and she plows right through it! ... heres the point where most people slam on their breaks not Lori she guns it looking to get up to ~85 so she can get a good launch weeeeeeeee!!

quick-brown-fox

Coolio, I hope they find some grenades in the bar!

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

I want to see Rick crush a can of spinach into his mouth in the season finale.

Haragos

The Dale hate? Dale's systemically making Shane go even crazier without saying a word to him.

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

Lori is an idiot. What good would it have done for Daryl to go into town? It wouldn't have sped anything up. And then she goes off by herself? Great plan... now that we don't have to search for a little girl, lets all search for Lori the idiot.

shirtflirt

this should have been episode three last fall. four at the latest.

it's nice to see rick has a pair. it's nice to see shane is still a real think tank. it's nice to see dale is still annoying. and lori is just weird and the kid is probably one of the coolest guys in the show. and the asian is such a pussy.

Haragos

Am I the only one that see Shane's like one step from being completely bat shit crazy. It's coming folks.

quick-brown-fox

I wish dale would get electrocuted urinating on an electric fence, he does my head in.

shirtflirt

what do you mean by crazy though? like snapping and killing everyone? that would be crazy and i don't think he's planning that or even thinking it. he'd much as rather just drive off. he's just a little pissy pants child who's pouting because noones rallying behind his battle cry.

and, i saw him in rampart last night and that dude is the exact same in that movie. it was shane in rampart.

Haragos

Well I don't think he'd hurt Lori or Carl but I believe he thinks he needs to take Rick out as he believes he should be the leader.

When he was washing off the Bald Chick's hands this week and trying to be nice to her about her daughter's fate... he actually turned the whole thing into it being about him and he had to do what no one else would. His ego and trying to justify what he did will be a problem for him very soon I believe.

There will be a show down between him and Rick. (If he saw what Rick did to those two guys he might think differently than challenging him though)

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

I think it was a lovely episode. but the end was the best part. was really hoping Rene from True Blood would be joining the cast.

Bramish

Yes! As soon as he turned up I thought, "cool! It's Rene!"

At that point I was only halfway through season one of True Blood though and didn't realise what a jerk he was.

spacesick

ha!

spacesick

all the tension I had hoped for the entire season was lived out in 2 minutes. oh well!

[+duracell-]

Yaaaaa! This episode delivers!

Haragos

Great episode. It's a shame they saved all the greatness of this season for the last few episodes. Reminds me of Season 2 of Dexter.

Musarter

That part where the kids leg was impaled was one of the most tense moments of the season. I am hoping the rest of the season keeps going in this episode's direction.

Haragos

How about Hershel stepping up? He's becoming one of the better characters on the show. Looks like Rick and Shane have their battle next episode.

spacesick

I'd be happy if actors from shows I love just kept popping up every episode

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

Lori needs to hurry up and die

Musarter

I agree that Lori is lame in the show. I still can't decide if it is how she is written or how she is acted.

Haragos

How can anyone like Andrea? She's a bad character atm.

Haragos

If anyone has played Dead Rising. The bosses of the games are Humans and not zombies. Humans that have gone insane and become psychopaths.

Shane is in that category. He's trying to justify his actions but they are starting to become less and less real. Lori wants nothing to do with him and he's clearly getting to the point hes going to attempt to kill his best friend so he can go and fuck his wife again and pretend Carl is his son.

How is that leader material? Still don't understand people thinking Shane should lead.

shirtflirt

tension, drama, risks, rewards...

charity you're pa has an interesting definition of pussies.

shirtflirt

i only feel that dale hates shane. the others don't get him and he doesn't get them. le'ts face it, if we had a bunch of shanes running around the zombies could just sit back and laugh at the humans killing eachother.

Haragos

I guess you'll take the bullet to the brain like Shane is going to from Rick as well. Mwhahaha.

shirtflirt

"rick has a higher body count."

especially when you take into consideration the people's he's killed were a risk vs, say, fat and annoying like otis.

and so very typical to assume I enjoy ricks' character. both he and shane are such typical archetypes that they're kinda boring.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

smart decision to keep Shane alive in the TV show since a lot of the group drama and internal tension springs from the Rick/Shane dynamic... although I'd eventually like to see Rick have to go it alone as leader and have him struggle with the consequences of tough decisions which mostly seem to fall on Shane to make (unlike in the comic). It makes Rick's character a bit boring since he's currently just an ethical foil to Shane.

spacesick

emotional involvement is for pussies!

I shoot first and ask questions later (at 7:30, during Jeopardy)

spacesick

my girlfriend says that all the time!

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

Shirt is the sort of douche who would get a bunch of people killed in a zombie apocalypse

shirtflirt

hey there we go

Bramish

I also didn't think much to the last episode, but I'm still gonna carry on watching.

I scoffed a bit when Shane went to get Lori and then a bit later Andrea and all were packing up ready to go get Rick and the rest - who was then gonna go get them?

And whilst the leg on the spike scene was tense compared to most previous stuff, it was also kind of dumb - kid or not, he'd been part of a group trying to kill them - why would they risk everything against the encroaching horde to save some random kid who they didn't need?

Haragos

Don't watch it?

Bramish

I could easily not, but I love the comics so much I'm still holding out hope that it's gonna start getting good soon. I don't hate it, I just think it could be much, much better.

Musarter

Regrading the leg spike: It may be logical to leave the kid but it would be inhumane and lack empathy. I think people like Rick's character because he is still trying to hold onto the ideals of our current civil society. Whether you think those ideals apply now, or in a post-apocalyptic world, is up to the viewer to decide.

Haragos

Rick is becoming like his comic counterpart but he still trying to hold on to some type of ideals. But we've also seen Rick is able to make hard decisions with the two douches.. the guy on the fence was another thing as he was a young man and was suffering.

The point of it... If Rick and the group become cold blooded killers and monsters. ARE THEY ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE ZOMBIES? That's the whole point of Walking Dead.

shirtflirt

"ARE THEY ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE ZOMBIES? That's the whole point of Walking Dead. "

if we're facing extinction that philisophical question is irrelevant. we all resort to our reptilian brainstems and do whatever we can to survivie. that's why i didn't like the earlier part of this season. i'd rather see action, than discussion.

rick now just looks like a puppet more than a strong decision maker.

Haragos

Give it time. Rick didn't grow in one issue of the comics and you must understand he randomly work up in the world.. The other characters saw it happen.

shirtflirt

not sure i comprehend the second sentence there.

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 6
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. ... 32