5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 28
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

The first season had some great moments and even some really great episodes. I hope season two is more consistent.

shirtflirt

weird that the show runner up and left

lookin forward to season 2

shirtflirt

weird that the show runner up and left

lookin forward to season 2

volatileTIMES

I'm very excited about this! Oct. 16 can't come sooner ):

Chipmnk

Sort of uninterested. I'm more looking forward to actually reading the series.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I'd like to read them too, but they're so damn expensive

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

SO PUMPED! I hope this is like the new halloween tradition. Every year, for like 7 years.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

If they follow the books.. they are going to need a big cast

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT!

I hope it finds its groove this season

Omair

I think i mostly like this because I like to compare how different th show is fromt he book, plus I'M SO MAD I COULD THROW A CHAIR.

Mya Jamila

All I remember about season one is that it terrified me.

Musarter

If you have not, read the books; they are epic. Find someone that has them and borrow them if need be.

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

Really excited about this. I was bummed they didn't end Season 1 with more of a cliff hanger to make people really want the next season... but this trailer has me really pumped.

dampa
dampa profile pic Alumni

MOTHER OF GOD!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

what an intense first episode! the herd OMG

Haragos

Great episode. It appears they are not 100% following the Graphic Novel in term of story. As a key moment should have happened already.

shirtflirt

loved the hoard/herd scene

...the ending...ouch.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

Season 2 Episode 1: Why you shouldn't let kids be in the group.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Just watched the first episode and thought it was a bit shit to be honest.

Great episode. It appears they are not 100% following the Graphic Novel in term of story

Well no, but then neither did the first season, especially towards the end. I'm cool with that, as long as they keep it tight and suspenseful - that first episode seemed to rely on the characters making dumb mistakes too much though. Hope it improves.

quick-brown-fox

Excited, it's not on uk tv yet, but I've obtained the first episode :P going to watch it now!!!

shirtflirt

i think you nailed it for me, bramish. i enjoyed the all too predictable scene when they're in the cars....

and the failed attempt at getting the gun back together....

and the kid.....(girls, jeeze!)

i hear ya bram

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

Watching the first episode right now. More of the same, but I like quality zombie entertainment.

Haragos

We're in slow times for the series atm.. If it follows the novel than times will pick up and it will be quite intense.

Can't wait for the Governor...

Bramish

Yeah, I can't see them including a lot of the Governor stuff - will be pretty hard viewing if they do...

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

I dunno, I felt it was all pretty awesome. The little girl running away the second time was lame, but the first time it felt real to me. The gun assemblage scene was so tense, and was very impactful. The character dynamics and dialogue were all really really top notch this first episode, except the intro monologue which didnt sound anything like real people would talk.

I also really enjoy how they are playing with the timeline of iconic moments in the books to keep avid readers off their guard as well. Also, Daryl has become a sweet addition to the cast, where as that other dude that only fucks things up- Tdog or whatever the fuck- needs to do something awesome or die.

Bramish

Haha. Agree with your last sentence. Daryl's my favourite.

[+duracell-]

How did that black dood manage to cut his arm so bad that its shooting out blood? Good lord. I though his was dead, then later they show his with some gauze on there like, nah its cool nbd, haha. Also that crap in that zombies stomach was soo nasty.

Haragos

Daryl and his brother are being added to the graphic novel I believe as they have been becoming popular.

Yes, The Governor scenes are rough.. really rough but he's pivotal character in the series and honestly he's considered the most memorable so far.

(He even got ranked in the top 100 comic villains of all time. I think in the 30s. Pretty impressive for his limited run. )

MadKobra
MadKobra profile pic Alumni

yeah can't wait

shirtflirt

"The gun assemblage scene was so tense, and was very impactful. "

i think the first 75 times i've seen that scene in a movie or tv show was impactful. and then...when she dropped it and the walker heard it...i mean, that's been done TO DEATH.

[+duracell-]

apparently "he" is a word my phone likes to autocorrect

Bramish

Yeah that gun scene made me audibly groan - so cliche

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

I haven't read the graphic novels at all, but what little I've heard about the Governor sounds really interesting...

[+duracell-]

That woman whose daughter got lost needs to die. I'm tired of her pout-lip woe is me cry face in every scene. It's like the woman detective from law & order svu who has never smiled once in however many hundreds of episodes.

Ste7en

I have never seen a movie/show where someone who has never assembled a gun is assembling it while a feral creature fucking searches for them 5 feet away.

The scene was well done not just because of those moments, but because it logically built to that scene establishing the gun assemblage early on, and giving her a reason to not be aware of the trouble coming. Beyond that, its not like she was fumbling her car keys or tripped and dropped her gun, which I have seen many times, but instead something that actually might logically be hard to manage in a tight situation under extreme pressure, when one hasn't even done it before that day.

I mean, she brought her gun pieces into a small camper bathroom to hide quietly and try, panicking, to get the thing back together. Tell me any of you would have done things differently, assuming you were in the same circumstances.

It felt real to the narrative of this particular story, and even if it has been done before, I honestly wouldn't care. Its like saying you arent impressed by a magician because you knew the girl would disappear. Christopher Nolan said the trick for every good filmmaker is to give the audience exactly what they expect and still surprise them, and thats how that scene felt to me. Obviously I understand other people could have a different reaction.

Bramish

Ste7en on Oct 18 '11 at 4:08pm I have never seen a movie/show where someone who has never assembled a gun is assembling it while a feral creature fucking searches for them 5 feet away.

You're smart enough to know that I didn't mean that every single aspect of that scene has happened a hundred times before. It's like the old fumbling with the key to a door whilst being pursued thing. As soon as we saw the scene of her and Shane with the disassembled gun it was obvious, to me at least, that she was gonna get into trouble later and need that gun and have trouble putting it together. I saw it coming, therefore it had no tension at all for me.

Musarter

I saw it and thought it was decent; not awesome and not terrible. I am waiting for the zombies to be less of a threat and for the people to be terrifying (as it is in the Graphic Novel). I guess the ending of episode 1 is a foreshadowing of moving in that direction).

Ste7en

Well, if you read the whole thing you would also know I touched on why it was different from the key fumbling scenes and such. Also, while im usually rhe guy that figures out twists and such ahead of time, there were too many directions things could have gone in.

I was more focused on Shane and her interacting, and assumed it was more of a character bonding moment, which then felt tied to the whole leaving thing. Also,having not seen any previews for the new season, I honestly had no idea who would live and who would die...especially considering shane is still kicking, so it could have just as easily gone the other way, and she coulda died. Then theres the aspect of her wanting to "opt out" at the end of last season, and if she just got bitten but survived, could that have come back into play. So I dunno, maybe I was a victim of expecting this show to go down those roads it seemed to promise in the first season, but either way, I was in suspense.

shirtflirt

"Obviously I understand other people could have a different reaction. "

are you sure? bc you just went on two-3 paragraph explanations as to why you think it's great?

honestly, her not ever assembling a gun before and then taking it into the bathroom to hopefully assemble was a bad trick. she was never going to assemble it. never even crossed my mind that she could. it would've been better if the walker just left her alone and didn't come back AFTER THE CLICHE DROPPING OF THE GUN PIECE...i hear what you're saying and i'm glad you enjoyed it...i guess i'm just jaded or something.

shirtflirt

disregard "2-3 paragraph"

Chipmnk

I was unimpressed. The herd stuff was kind of interesting, but I was otherwise pretty bored with everything.

quick-brown-fox

Pretty sweet! The same usual mistakes people make in horror stuff, but it makes for good entertainment, all be it clichéd. One thing's for sure, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I gonna get me a crossbow, daryl kicks ass

Ste7en

Just because I explained why I thought it was great, doesnt mean other people cant think it wasnt. Im just not going to say "no, I think it wasnt cliche" the end. I tend to like to explain my point of view as clearly as possible. Whats a discussion without the details?

shirtflirt

i guess i'm just used to the normal blog thingys where people only say a few words

Bramish

I'm interested to see what will happen in regards to his brother returning - i reckon his brother might even become the governor or a variation

Bramish

Yeah that's what I was getting at earlier - it's frustrating.

No, I reckon the shooting of Carl will stay true to the books, and Merle isn't in the books.

Bramish

One of the things I can't get my head around is how the parents don't seem too bothered by their kids wandering off, just throwing them the odd "stay where I can see you". In a post-apocalyptic world where the dead are walking around eating people I'd make sure my kids stayed right by my side until they had learned a bit more independence and ability to take care of themselves - something even most of the adults have yet to learn in the show.

Haragos

The shooting will be like in the graphic novel. No doubt about that.

I don't think Merle will become the Governor but he will be interesting to see later. The dude freaking cut his hand off, burn it on a stove to cauterize the wound and steal their vehicle. They better hope his brother can talk some sense into him but I doubt he will be able to.. I know he was a racist jerk but leaving him to die was a bad call. He has all the right to be pissed and blood thirsty.

Back to the Governor... I believe he will stay as close as possible as the comics. They have been pretty close to the novel besides... I wish we could have spoiler tags but everyone who read it knows what has happened already. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Ste7en

I do agree about the way the people care for their kids, and even themselves...I sometimes feel id be much better at surviving an undead apocalypse.

I doubt merle was out shooting with a missing hand, and they also openly stated he wouldnt be the governor (im sure they could lie)

Haragos

Kirkman: There's certainly a possibility of that, but I think people might be thinking a little too hard about it. I have had fans, after watching the third episode, email me or say something online on a message board about how they think Merle is going to be The Governor of the television show. All I would say to that is that I don't think people are going to be able to figure out this show that early. We have interesting things in store for Merle that will probably surprise you. And The Governor, as he is in the comic books, is a character that Frank [Darabont] really likes and he's very adamant that he wants to get him into the television show. So we wouldn't bring him onto the show in a way that makes him fundamentally different from how he was in the comic.

So they do have plans to bring the Governor onto the show

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 28